• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • billistic
    Veteran Zoner
    • Nov 2009

Ralph = absentee landlord?

According to Wiki:

Absentee landlord is an economic term for a person who owns and rents out a profit-earning property, but does not live within the property's local economic region. This practice is problematic for that region because absentee landlords drain local wealth into their home country, particularly that of rural areas and the Third World.
    When used in a local context, the term refers to a landlord of a house or other real estate, who leases the property to tenants, but fails to ensure that proper maintenance is done on it. This in turn leads to what may appear to be abandoned buildings, causing significantly-lowered property values and urban blight.

===================================

Does the metaphorical shoe fit Ralph?
  • billistic
    Veteran Zoner
    • Nov 2009

Re: Ralph = absentee landlord?

In my day, I was a renter. To me, Wilson clearly fits the Bill. The team's been broken for a decade. The "renters" (fans) have been howling for repairs in profound futility. The guy is like a character out of a Dickens novel.

Comment

• DynaPaul
      • Sep 2003

Re: Ralph = absentee landlord?

You know what happens to absentee landlords? Eventually they lose their houses when it either fails too many code inspections and/or the tenants cause too many problems in the neighborhood. Then somebody else buys it and either does the same thing or actually puts money into the house to fix it usually with the help of some subsidy program. In some cases eminent domain is declared and they just bulldoze the whole thing over.

Comment

Working...
      X