PDA

View Full Version : Tebow is God.

DrGraves
11-28-2009, 04:30 PM
To all you Tebow haters... you know NOTHING about football. This guy has been the best player in college football over the past three years. He is a winner and has super bowl champion written all over him. He has a cannon arm... hes the most intelligent player on the field... and oh by the way you can't tackle him.

ArcticWildMan
11-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Best college player does not equate to a franchise NFL player. How many Heisman winners have proven that?

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Well, he interests me, no question about that. If you think Tebow has no potential to be a great quarterback, you need to put down the bong. He isn't your conventional quarterback, but he is an awesome project with the sky as the limits.

kernowboy
11-28-2009, 04:35 PM
To all you Tebow haters... you know NOTHING about football. This guy has been the best player in college football over the past three years. He is a winner and has super bowl champion written all over him. He has a cannon arm... hes the most intelligent player on the field... and oh by the way you can't tackle him.

So the numerous coaches and scouts and pundits who say Tebow has a high bust risk rating know nothing about football?

Interesting.

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2009, 04:40 PM
So the numerous coaches and scouts and pundits who say Tebow has a high bust risk rating know nothing about football?

Interesting.

That's only because he scrambles to set up the pass, but so does Colt McCoy. Personally, I like both these quarterbacks, I could see both going in the 1st, but I think the problem with projecting these two men to us, is that we're going to be drafting way too high to gamble on one of them and where we pick in the second, both McCoy and Tebow could likely be gone, but make no question about it, I'd take either of these guys with our second in a heartbeat.

IAG
11-28-2009, 04:41 PM
He is an H-back

BillsWin
11-28-2009, 04:47 PM
:lolpoint: This thread.

If Tebow is an NFL QB it would be a surprise. There is no doubt he is an outstanding athlete, leader and person. But that doesn't mean he will be under center next fall leading a team to the Super Bowl.

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2009, 04:52 PM
What are you people smoking???? I just don't understand all the Tebow hate, he is AT LEAST a 2nd round pick. He has a better skill set than the following quarterbacks taken in the 2nd round over recent years:

Pat White

Brian Brohm

Chad Henne

Kevin Kolb

John Beck

Drew Stanton

Kellen Clemens

Tarvaris Jackson

I'd take Tebow over all of those guys, Henne and Kolb are the only two that belong in the discussion.

Jaybird
11-28-2009, 04:55 PM

Cannon? what cannon? I would like to see him break a Ray lewis Tackle. Tebow is not nfl material, at least at the QB position

Slim
11-28-2009, 04:58 PM

He does not have a cannon. His deep throws flutter frequently. Which is something that you cant have when playing at the Ralph.

DrGraves
11-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Nope im sick off all the bull****. All these so called experts who ran this train full of joke qb's through buffalo over the past decade +.... you don't have to win games by passing from the pocket and handing the ball off from tradition power I formations.... we have proven year in and year out that we can't win that way. time to try something new. I'm sick of losing.

DrGraves
11-28-2009, 05:29 PM
He always has great passer ratings... he's never had a bad game in his career... hell he never loses... and his passes are always on the money.. perhaps most importantly he has great pocket presence (which is really important considering we have had the worst line in the league for the past 15 years)

I don't get why he can't play in the NFL? He dominates future NFL defenders every single saturday.

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Nope im sick off all the bull****. All these so called experts who ran this train full of joke qb's through buffalo over the past decade +.... you don't have to win games by passing from the pocket and handing the ball off from tradition power I formations.... we have proven year in and year out that we can't win that way. time to try something new. I'm sick of losing.
Especially, if we get Tebow in the second, that would be titty. Have Trent start out next year, give our future franchise QB time to learn the pro style offense on the bench, maybe bring him in for some trickeration.

Slim
11-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Timmy Chung, Colt Brennen, and Graham Harrell all dominated when they played...

I'm not going to argue that Tebow has the intangibles you could look for. His mechanics scare me (although people like P. Rivers suceed with it), his footwork is a mess, and he comes out of a spread offense. Vince Young is the only person i can think of who played spread in college and WON in the NFL. The spread offense inflates stats dramatically.

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Pretty sure Drew Brees and Peyton Manning played in the spread offense while in college, just saying.

TacklingDummy
11-28-2009, 05:42 PM

Interesting.

What did those same scouts say about Tom Brady or Joe Montana?

Tebow could turn out great, he could turn out to be a bust.

Slim
11-28-2009, 05:44 PM
Pretty sure Drew Brees and Peyton Manning played in the spread offense while in college, just saying.

Good call on Brees. I dont know about Manning though, I dont remember. I'm not saying Tebow cant play well in the NFL. He just has alot working agianst him.

His back-up Brantley on the other hand. He's more protype NFL QB.

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Good call on Brees. I dont know about Manning though, I dont remember. I'm not saying Tebow cant play well in the NFL. He just has alot working agianst him.

His back-up Brantley on the other hand. He's more protype NFL QB.

Yup, and look at Brady Quinn, he played in a pro offense while in college.

Really, it just depends on the situation he is put in... I like Tebow, just not sure how much I like him, he is worth our 2nd at least and he has the potential to be worth our 1st, it just depends how things work out.

Crisis
11-28-2009, 05:48 PM
I'll be mad if the Bills waste a 1st day pick on him.

This topic has been beaten to death already.

Slim
11-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Yup, and look at Brady Quinn, he played in a pro offense while in college.

Really, it just depends on the situation he is put in... I like Tebow, just not sure how much I like him, he is worth our 2nd at least and he has the potential to be worth our 1st, it just depends how things work out.

He'll probably be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Look at Brian Brohm, played in 2 pro style offenses in college and is totally lost in the NFL. So it goes both ways, but the safer pick is someone who is used to going through more than one or two reads.
Tebow is also surronded by the fastest and best talent in the country.

TacklingDummy
11-28-2009, 05:51 PM
I'll be mad if the Bills waste a 1st day pick on him.

Me too if he turns out to be a bust. If he turns out to be great than that would be awesome.

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2009, 05:54 PM
He'll probably be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Look at Brian Brohm, played in 2 pro style offenses in college and is totally lost in the NFL. So it goes both ways, but the safer pick is someone who is used to going through more than one or two reads.
Tebow is also surronded by the fastest and best talent in the country.

Same with Clausen & Bradford, though.

Michael Floyd is a top 10 pick if he comes out this year, Golden Tate is likely a 1st-2nd round pick.

Bradford has literally had 1st day prospect after 1st day prospect protecting his blindside and catching his passes.

Locker, may have the least amount of talent around him. I got to admit, I haven't made my mind up on him yet.

It's just funny though, we could really criticize a player for anything if we like. If they're on a talented team, well it was the talent that carried him. Or if he plays in a great system offense, well it's the system, he is a system QB.

kernowboy
11-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Jacksonville will take Tebow in R1, for marketing reasons alone.

If we don't use our R1 pick on him then we won't get him, and to spend a R1 pick on him is franchise suicide.

With our OT situation, he'll struggle to make it out of pre-season before being lost for the year.

christhebillsfan783
11-28-2009, 05:56 PM
spam

Slim
11-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Same with Clausen & Bradford, though.

Michael Floyd is a top 10 pick if he comes out this year, Golden Tate is likely a 1st-2nd round pick.

Bradford has literally had 1st day prospect after 1st day prospect protecting his blindside and catching his passes.

Locker, may have the least amount of talent around him. I got to admit, I haven't made my mind up on him yet.

It's just funny though, we could really criticize a player for anything if we like. If they're on a talented team, well it was the talent that carried him. Or if he plays in a great system offense, well it's the system, he is a system QB.

When Tebow had Murphy and Harvin he threw 30 tds each season. . This season he's thrown 17, I understand he's ran like 10 td's but we're talking about QB's not RB's.. When Floyd got hurt agianst Mich St, Clausen still played pretty well the next five weeks. Although, Clausen still has alot of issues working agianst him.

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2009, 06:26 PM
When Tebow had Murphy and Harvin he threw 30 tds each season. . This season he's thrown 17, I understand he's ran like 10 td's but we're talking about QB's not RB's.. When Floyd got hurt agianst Mich St, Clausen still played pretty well the next five weeks. Although, Clausen still has alot of issues working agianst him.

Look at Tebow's offensive line though, I'd hardly call that group stellar. Both Oklahoma and Notre Dame have some first day prospects on them, with Florida I can't name a single one.

kernowboy
11-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Look at Tebow's offensive line though, I'd hardly call that group stellar. Both Oklahoma and Notre Dame have some first day prospects on them, with Florida I can't name a single one.

Possibly because most of them aren't coming out this year? Looking at their roster they don't have a Senior amongst them

Slim
11-28-2009, 06:33 PM

Notre Dame has some great prospects on the line, but they havent played well this season at all. They've had good games agianst lesser oppenents but when ND played USC and PITT Clausen was chased all day long. And he still played well in both games.

Tebow's NFL stock is a mystery to me, im not draftboy nor will i pretend to be. I dont know much about the Flordia OL but i do know Urban Meyer does a GREAT job of using tons of WR screens, and slants consistantly during the game. He also can slow down a pass rush very well.

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Possibly because most of them aren't coming out this year? Looking at their roster they don't have a Senior amongst them

Even so, Clausen has had way better protection than Tebow has gotten. Notre Dame throws a ton, yet Clausen has still been sacked less than Tebow. Plus, look at Bradford bro, Tebow has been hit more in one season than Bradford has in his entire career!!!

kernowboy
11-28-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm not sure I'd want my QB hit at all - getting him means eventually you will get injured. Bradford has been unlucky. I'd rather Tebow's luck doesn't run out whilst in a Bills shirt.

That why we must draft an elite LT

Slim
11-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Even so, Clausen has had way better protection than Tebow has gotten. Notre Dame throws a ton, yet Clausen has still been sacked less than Tebow. Plus, look at Bradford bro, Tebow has been hit more in one season than Bradford has in his entire career!!!

Tebows been sacked 22 times and Clausen's been sacked 23. I think this is one of Clausens strong points, he played with NO offensive line his freshman year, and the protection last year was bad. But he was never hurt, and due to the fact that he played two years behind a terrible OL, he's used to making quick decisions when there is a break down in protection.

Luisito23
11-28-2009, 07:29 PM
He'll become a HOF QB....(Only if we don't draft him though)

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2009, 08:25 PM
i don't care what you think you know about football..........he will not be a winner in buffalo. he does not have a cannon arm. when is the last time he took a snap from center? there isn't a quarterback worth drafting over a top left tackle.

Billz_fan
11-28-2009, 08:44 PM
I don't mind Tebow at all. the guy has the mindset, drive and heart to be a winner. He is gonna be a great teamate and a very hard worker wherever he goes. I fully expect him to succeed in the NFL.

tampabay25690
11-28-2009, 10:14 PM
He is an H-back

Not even close you need to watch football...

tampabay25690
11-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Timmy Chung, Colt Brennen, and Graham Harrell all dominated when they played...

I'm not going to argue that Tebow has the intangibles you could look for. His mechanics scare me (although people like P. Rivers suceed with it), his footwork is a mess, and he comes out of a spread offense. Vince Young is the only person i can think of who played spread in college and WON in the NFL. The spread offense inflates stats dramatically.

You mentioned 3 guys that played in the ****tiest conferences in the NATION...

Don't ever compare those 3 guys to TEBOW.....

tampabay25690
11-28-2009, 10:18 PM
This is funny to look at so Im not even going to type another thread....
Yes the guy has a different style but don't hate on 1 of the greatest college football players ever to step foot on the field.....

He will be drafted in the 1st round and YES he will be a QB......Like it or Not.....

PECKERWOOD
11-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Anybody see Gerhart? Wowzzzza, he may be in contention for the title of 'God' with the way he played tonight.

topher180
11-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Me too if he turns out to be a bust. If he turns out to be great than that would be awesome.

Best post ever, in history! Exactly! The draft is a crap shoot. I know the point of this board is to debate and interact, so I'm not hating on that. But there are just so many variables, some of which have already been mentioned, that will determine where he gets drafted, how well he does, etc. Bottom line, if he starts in the leauge and has some success, that team's GM and coach will be "coach of the year" candidates. Just look at the first few weeks of this year with the Jets. Ridiculous. The source of s*** like that is the overanalysis that takes place on the NFL, but I digress, whole different thread.

At the end of the day, Tebow is an athelete and a winner. We don't have many of those on our team. I want winners, not coddled primadonnas like Jimmy Clausen.
If we take an LT 1st round like we should, I say Tebow is a very real possibility for the Bills.

Mahdi
11-28-2009, 11:26 PM
The only question is .... can he run a pro style offense?

Unless you are running the option as part of your base offense, which is what makes Tebow successful in college, you have to be sure he can run an NFL offense without the option as his main play.

The other question is... Is Tebow the best athlete on the field in the NFL too? I doubt you are going to run your first round QB smack into the LOS 10-15 times a game.

I LOVE TEBOW and if I am a GM and I am SURE he can run a pro offense I take him without thinking twice with my top pick cause the man is a winner and plays with heart.

Akhippo
11-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Hes a poor mans Vince Young; just slower and less arm. His biggest read in college was wether the DE is crashing or not.

Hes got Eric Crouch written all over him. If hes such an inspirational leader, maybe the Jills should draft him. Let him Rah Rah from the sideline. How far have we fallen when if he can play QB goes backseat to, "hes a standup guy and can give a good pregame speach".

The Spaz
11-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Bust and I am calling it.

DrGraves
11-29-2009, 12:21 AM
man i'd hate to have the best player in ncaa football over the past three years on my team. i'd rather have:

trent edwards: who never won a game in college
jp losman: i played in a **** conference and never faced talent
drew bledsoe: im a statue
doug flutie: im too short
rob johnson: im a homo from cali
alex van pelt: i have man boobs
todd collins: im a backup qb
jim kelly: im a winner like tim tebow

Hmm... i'm going with Jim on this one. I want a Winner.... the rest of you can stick with losing if you want.

DrGraves
11-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Hes a poor mans Vince Young; just slower and less arm. His biggest read in college was wether the DE is crashing or not.

Hes got Eric Crouch written all over him. If hes such an inspirational leader, maybe the Jills should draft him. Let him Rah Rah from the sideline. How far have we fallen when if he can play QB goes backseat to, "hes a standup guy and can give a good pregame speach".

by the way vince young is 12-4 as a starter. i don't care if the stats aren't pretty. thats pretty damn good... i'd kill to have a qb for the bills go 12-4.... wouldn't you?

ZacGriffi~82
11-29-2009, 02:07 AM
Look i understand all the detractors. The critique of him is logical and makes sense. However, he is just one of those rare athletes/people that i have a hard time not believing in. I think it's a mistake to doubt him.

Griff
11-29-2009, 02:15 AM
rofl college =/ NFL

The Natrix
11-29-2009, 02:58 AM
JMO but I think Tebow is going to be an absolute joke in the NFL...

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 06:09 AM
You mentioned 3 guys that played in the ****tiest conferences in the NATION...

Don't ever compare those 3 guys to TEBOW.....

Tim Tebow = Charlie Ward basically.

You don't want to go out of conference so I'll stay in it. Their playing style, leadership, heart, determination, talent on the field are/were basically the same.

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 06:18 AM
Gino Toretta, Tony Rice, Ken Dorsey, Ty Detmer, Andre Ware, Joe Germaine, Charlie Ward...all winners in college.

What did that get them?

Same thing it's gonna get Tebow.

HHURRICANE
11-29-2009, 06:48 AM

The thing that scares me is that he may already be peeking.

tampabay25690
11-29-2009, 07:28 AM
Bust and I am calling it.

Just like the guy you have in your signature??????

tampabay25690
11-29-2009, 07:34 AM
I understand that probably this board is around 60/40 on wanting a guy like Tim on there team. I understand where some of you are coming from, but some of you don't have a CLUE about college football. I dont even know if there is a QB that will succeed in this years draft to be honest.......
2 weeks ago it ws probably 30/70 on wanting him.

To be honest and everyone knows Im the biggest Tebow fan on this board and I don't think he is a fit in BUFFALO now. If you told me Shannahan was coming then YES he would be a great fit. He will have to go to a team that is OFFENSIVE minded and not start right away. Having seen Tim play the past 4 years he will learn and he will do what it takes to get on the field. WHY would you not want a guy like that.......He will make the guys around him better and HE isn't a cancer in the Locker Room. Any City will be happy as hell to have TIM TEBOW....Mark my words....

kernowboy
11-29-2009, 07:38 AM
I understand that probably this board is around 60/40 on wanting a guy like Tim on there team. I understand where some of you are coming from, but some of you don't have a CLUE about college football. I dont even know if there is a QB that will succeed in this years draft to be honest.......

To be honest and everyone knows Im the biggest Tebow fan on this board and I don't think he is a fit in BUFFALO now. If you told me Shannahan was coming then YES he would be a great fit. He will have to go to a team that is OFFENSIVE minded and not start right away. Having seen Tim play the past 4 years he will learn and he will do what it takes to get on the field. WHY would you not want a guy like that.......He will make the guys around him better and HE isn't a cancer in the Locker Room. Any City will be happy as hell to have TIM TEBOW....Mark my words....

I think he'll be a R1 or high R2 pick but I don't think he is our priority at the moment.

Our team is more than a QB away from being a playoff contender / championship contender at the moment.

For me, a QB succeeds when most of the other pieces are in place.

tampabay25690
11-29-2009, 07:42 AM
I think he'll be a R1 or high R2 pick but I don't think he is our priority at the moment.

Our team is more than a QB away from being a playoff contender / championship contender at the moment.

For me, a QB succeeds when most of the other pieces are in place.

I agree...
OL, DL help needs to happen fast....I like our interior but we need a FRANCHISE LT bad....

HHURRICANE
11-29-2009, 07:46 AM

I love Tebow as a player and a person. However, I just don't know if his game will transition to the pros. Look at Flutie. Great guy and great college player but not much of an NFL player.

I want Tebow to do well just because of what kind of person he is.

The Bills need to draft players that are slam dunk starters. Imagine if we had taken Oher over Maybin?

I think if we drafted Tebow, and he fails, this would be a death nail.

I love what the Vikings did. They built their lines on both sides of the ball and than with all the pieces in place they brought in the last piece.

kernowboy
11-29-2009, 07:46 AM
I agree...
OL, DL help needs to happen fast....I like our interior but we need a FRANCHISE LT bad....

Russell Okung, Bruce Campbell, and Bryan Bulaga will all be available in the first 12 picks.

All can start from Day1, and be an immeasurable upgrade immediately

tampabay25690
11-29-2009, 07:51 AM
Russell Okung, Bruce Campbell, and Bryan Bulaga will all be available in the first 12 picks.

All can start from Day1, and be an immeasurable upgrade immediately

Im in the mood to agree this AM.
Agree 100%%% I would be happy as hell if OKUNG is there when we draft....

The Spaz
11-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Just like the guy you have in your signature??????

I put all our first round draft picks in my Sig. It's just what I do.

tampabay25690
11-29-2009, 10:54 AM
I put all our first round draft picks in my Sig. It's just what I do.

gotcha...bust written on him as well

SABURZFAN
11-29-2009, 10:56 AM
What are you people smoking????

:smoke:

'ere......