PDA

View Full Version : My Take on Tebow

Bmax
11-28-2009, 05:59 PM
There have been many QB'S that have had the arm, legs, brains to make a good NFL QB. This kid has a love and passion of the game that is rarley seen in the NFL.

I have not always been a fan .. I though he was overhyped .. I felt he didn't deserve the Heisman .. when he won....I though he would nver be a NFL Qb ...

I was wrong on all counts...The team that drafts this kid will find a leader ready to learn and lead on day one ...He will work at his craft on his shortcomings .. He will make plays to win games... He won't win the heisman this year. Mccoy will do that....But he will be drafted in rd 1 .. My BET IS TOP 15 ..

If he is available when we pick today i say make the move...and find our OL somewhere in rd 2 and OLB in FA ....Guys like this don't come along very often...

Tebow hater reformed ....

Bmax

Bravo82
11-28-2009, 06:02 PM
There have been many QB'S that have had the arm, legs, brains to make a good NFL QB. This kid has a love and passion of the game that is rarley seen in the NFL.

I have not always been a fan .. I though he was overhyped .. I felt he didn't deserve the Heisman .. when he won....I though he would nver be a NFL Qb ...

I was wrong on all counts...The team that drafts this kid will find a leader ready to learn and lead on day one ...He will work at his craft on his shortcomings .. He will make plays to win games... He won't win the heisman this year. Mccoy will do that....But he will be drafted in rd 1 .. My BET IS TOP 15 ..

If he is available when we pick today i say make the move...and find our OL somewhere in rd 2 and OLB in FA ....Guys like this don't come along very often...

Tebow hater reformed ....

Bmax

agreed 1000%

kernowboy
11-28-2009, 06:11 PM
disagree 1000%

To pick him in the Top10 is franchise suicide.

How long have we failed to address the OT situation properly? Tebow or any QB will be on IR before the end of preseason if we do not address OT with the first pick.

Its such a no-brainer as to be not even worth discussing anymore.

Slim
11-28-2009, 06:14 PM
disagree 1000%

To pick him in the Top10 is franchise suicide.

How long have we failed to address the OT situation properly. Tebow or any QB will be on IR before the end of preseason if we do not address OT with the first pick.

Its such a no-brainer as to be not even worth discussing anymore.

Marcus Mcneill would be a nice FA......

kernowboy
11-28-2009, 06:16 PM
Marcus Mcneill would be a nice FA......

Do you actually think a GM as intelligent as Smith will let McNeill go? The only way McNeill is not franchised is if he is carrying an injury of Tra Thomas proportions.

The Chargers will sign McNeill before the sign anyone else.

Slim
11-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Do you actually think a GM as intelligent as Smith will let McNeill go? The only way McNeill is not franchised is if he is carrying an injury of Tra Thomas proportions.

The Chargers will sign McNeill before the sign anyone else.

I have to imagine they'll have a hard time keeping Vincet Jackson and McNieill both. Although Merriman is probably as good as gone.

kernowboy
11-28-2009, 06:20 PM
I have to imagine they'll have a hard time keeping Vincet Jackson and McNieill both. Although Merriman is probably as good as gone.

They'll sign McNeill before Jackson. I think they'll be angling for Bryant in R1 or Benn in R2. I think they'll believe they can't replace McNeill.

Any if he did hit the market, the Redskins will outbid us to replace Samuels

Slim
11-28-2009, 06:25 PM
They'll sign McNeill before Jackson. I think they'll be angling for Bryant in R1 or Benn in R2. I think they'll believe they can't replace McNeill.

Any if he did hit the market, the Redskins will outbid us to replace Samuels

Agreed, I'm not a very optimistic fan. I'm just saying Mcneill is a FA, and they haven't locked him up yet. I'm not farmiliar with SD's salary cap but last season alone they gave River, LT, and Sproles hefty contracts. Chances are they Franchise McNeill.

Slim
11-28-2009, 06:28 PM
If the Bills did sign some one at LT i could see them going after someone life Alex Barron. Who has played well at times, but has a knack for jumping offsides. But the kid has TONS of talent, is young, and has played for a few years.

As unlikely as it is that he would return, Mike Gandy is also a FA this winter.

kernowboy
11-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Draft Tebow, sign Barron ...

and you think this season is bad? The only record we'd break is Detroit's losing streak.

Slim
11-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Draft Tebow, sign Barron ...

and you think this season is bad? The only record we'd break is Detroit's losing streak.

.. I dont want Tebow AT ALL. I'm saying if the Bills dont want to pony up money for McNeill, and dont want to take a T with thier first pick. Barron has had success in this leauge.

kernowboy
11-28-2009, 06:39 PM
.. I dont want Tebow AT ALL. I'm saying if the Bills dont want to pony up money for McNeill, and dont want to take a T with thier first pick. Barron has had success in this leauge.

I don't think Barron has had success in this league though.

Slim
11-28-2009, 06:50 PM
I don't think Barron has had success in this league though.

Hes not perfect BY ANY means. He's pretty good in pass protection though. He just needs to stop jumping offsides. For a reasonable price, i think hes worth the risk.

kernowboy
11-28-2009, 06:52 PM
I don't think he's a LT and I think Butler's a more solid RT

DrGraves
11-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Nice post Bmax... i totally agree... as you can seen in the other thread where everyone ****s on me lol

I don't understand all the hate... he is a great player who gets the job done every week. He is a winner who loves the game. How often does that combination come around?... we should be drooling over those qualities.

justasportsfan
11-28-2009, 07:44 PM
the guy is definitely a jock and a football player in the college level. whether he can take it to the nest level is a question mark. College players are slow. But he would make an interesting project. Like someone stated, his long balls tend to flutter like trents.

tampabay25690
11-28-2009, 10:30 PM
I lUV Tebow and obviously you can tell Im a fan...
He is not a fit on a team that has no identity at all....
WOuld not be a fit in B-LO

THATHURMANATOR
11-28-2009, 10:56 PM
I wouldnt be pissed if we drafted Tebow.

None of the other QBs are worth a **** either. Sure taking an LT is probably a better idea but I would be fine with Tebow over pretty much any of the other QBs in the draft if we are definitely going QB in round 1.

HAMMER
11-28-2009, 11:03 PM
Being in Buffalo with no protection would suck the life, and Jesus, right out of Tebow.

realdealryan
11-28-2009, 11:04 PM
Stand up guy, hell of a heart definitely. I played high school sports with a few guys who had HEART in all caps, so that doesn't necessarily translate. But draft him or don't draft him - it doesn't matter, because I don't have confidence in the decision making at OBD...now if Polian or Belichick grabbed him, then we'd know if he's worth a **** as a player.

realdealryan
11-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Being in Buffalo with no protection would suck the life, and Jesus, right out of Tebow.

He's still Jesus'd after taking a head shot at the NCAA level and he's not a pocket passer, so Jesus wouldn't have to worry. Lee Evans might get 6 catches all year, but he'd survive behind our line. We wouldn't win more than 3 games, but he could run 2 yard dive plays all year.

DrGraves
11-29-2009, 12:17 AM
He's still Jesus'd after taking a head shot at the NCAA level and he's not a pocket passer, so Jesus wouldn't have to worry. Lee Evans might get 6 catches all year, but he'd survive behind our line. We wouldn't win more than 3 games, but he could run 2 yard dive plays all year.

as if lee evans was seeing more balls thrown his way than that anyways....

realdealryan
11-29-2009, 12:24 AM
as if lee evans was seeing more balls thrown his way than that anyways....

good point, the "we suck now so we can't suck more" argument

DrGraves
11-29-2009, 12:28 AM
good point, the "we suck now so we can't suck more" argument

we pay this dude 9 mill a year to run routes and not even get looked at...

i love lee evans to death i feel bad that we don't have a quarterback that will even look his way.

I am using that argument... we don't throw till lee until there is two minutes left and we are down 3 scores each week... IT CAN'T GET WORSE THAN THAT. YES IT IS MY ARGUMENT.

mensev
11-29-2009, 01:04 AM
Another "warm weather" QB

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 06:05 AM
I lUV Tebow and obviously you can tell Im a fan...
He is not a fit on a team that has no identity at all....
WOuld not be a fit in B-LO

He does not fit on any NFL franchise. At least at the QB position.