X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

My Take on Tebow

There have been many QB'S that have had the arm, legs, brains to make a good NFL QB. This kid has a love and passion of the game that is rarley seen in the NFL.

I have not always been a fan .. I though he was overhyped .. I felt he didn't deserve the Heisman .. when he won....I though he would nver be a NFL Qb ...

I was wrong on all counts...The team that drafts this kid will find a leader ready to learn and lead on day one ...He will work at his craft on his shortcomings .. He will make plays to win games... He won't win the heisman this year. Mccoy will do that....But he will be drafted in rd 1 .. My BET IS TOP 15 ..

If he is available when we pick today i say make the move...and find our OL somewhere in rd 2 and OLB in FA ....Guys like this don't come along very often...

Tebow hater reformed ....

Bmax
  • Bravo82
    • Aug 2008

Re: My Take on Tebow

Originally posted by Bmax
    There have been many QB'S that have had the arm, legs, brains to make a good NFL QB. This kid has a love and passion of the game that is rarley seen in the NFL.

I have not always been a fan .. I though he was overhyped .. I felt he didn't deserve the Heisman .. when he won....I though he would nver be a NFL Qb ...

I was wrong on all counts...The team that drafts this kid will find a leader ready to learn and lead on day one ...He will work at his craft on his shortcomings .. He will make plays to win games... He won't win the heisman this year. Mccoy will do that....But he will be drafted in rd 1 .. My BET IS TOP 15 ..

If he is available when we pick today i say make the move...and find our OL somewhere in rd 2 and OLB in FA ....Guys like this don't come along very often...

Tebow hater reformed ....

Bmax
    agreed 1000%

Comment

disagree 1000%

To pick him in the Top10 is franchise suicide.

How long have we failed to address the OT situation properly? Tebow or any QB will be on IR before the end of preseason if we do not address OT with the first pick.

Its such a no-brainer as to be not even worth discussing anymore.
      Last edited by Guest; 11-28-2009, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Slim
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by kernowboy
        disagree 1000%

To pick him in the Top10 is franchise suicide.

How long have we failed to address the OT situation properly. Tebow or any QB will be on IR before the end of preseason if we do not address OT with the first pick.

Its such a no-brainer as to be not even worth discussing anymore.
        Marcus Mcneill would be a nice FA......

Comment

Originally posted by Slim
          Marcus Mcneill would be a nice FA......
          Do you actually think a GM as intelligent as Smith will let McNeill go? The only way McNeill is not franchised is if he is carrying an injury of Tra Thomas proportions.

The Chargers will sign McNeill before the sign anyone else.

Comment

• Slim
            • Apr 2004

Do you actually think a GM as intelligent as Smith will let McNeill go? The only way McNeill is not franchised is if he is carrying an injury of Tra Thomas proportions.

The Chargers will sign McNeill before the sign anyone else.
            I have to imagine they'll have a hard time keeping Vincet Jackson and McNieill both. Although Merriman is probably as good as gone.
            Last edited by Slim; 11-28-2009, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I have to imagine they'll have a hard time keeping Vincet Jackson and McNieill both. Although Merriman is probably as good as gone.
              They'll sign McNeill before Jackson. I think they'll be angling for Bryant in R1 or Benn in R2. I think they'll believe they can't replace McNeill.

Any if he did hit the market, the Redskins will outbid us to replace Samuels

Comment

• Slim
                • Apr 2004

They'll sign McNeill before Jackson. I think they'll be angling for Bryant in R1 or Benn in R2. I think they'll believe they can't replace McNeill.

Any if he did hit the market, the Redskins will outbid us to replace Samuels
                Agreed, I'm not a very optimistic fan. I'm just saying Mcneill is a FA, and they haven't locked him up yet. I'm not farmiliar with SD's salary cap but last season alone they gave River, LT, and Sproles hefty contracts. Chances are they Franchise McNeill.

Comment

• Slim
                  • Apr 2004

If the Bills did sign some one at LT i could see them going after someone life Alex Barron. Who has played well at times, but has a knack for jumping offsides. But the kid has TONS of talent, is young, and has played for a few years.

As unlikely as it is that he would return, Mike Gandy is also a FA this winter.

Comment

Draft Tebow, sign Barron ...

and you think this season is bad? The only record we'd break is Detroit's losing streak.

Comment

• Slim
                      • Apr 2004

Draft Tebow, sign Barron ...

and you think this season is bad? The only record we'd break is Detroit's losing streak.
                      .. I dont want Tebow AT ALL. I'm saying if the Bills dont want to pony up money for McNeill, and dont want to take a T with thier first pick. Barron has had success in this leauge.

Comment

.. I dont want Tebow AT ALL. I'm saying if the Bills dont want to pony up money for McNeill, and dont want to take a T with thier first pick. Barron has had success in this leauge.
                        I don't think Barron has had success in this league though.

Comment

• Slim
                          • Apr 2004

I don't think Barron has had success in this league though.
                          Hes not perfect BY ANY means. He's pretty good in pass protection though. He just needs to stop jumping offsides. For a reasonable price, i think hes worth the risk.

Comment

I don't think he's a LT and I think Butler's a more solid RT

Comment

• DrGraves
                              • Mar 2008

Nice post Bmax... i totally agree... as you can seen in the other thread where everyone ****s on me lol

I don't understand all the hate... he is a great player who gets the job done every week. He is a winner who loves the game. How often does that combination come around?... we should be drooling over those qualities.

Comment

Working...
                              X