PDA

View Full Version : **** directv

OpIv37
11-28-2009, 06:08 PM
I can't watch the game tonight because of their stupid feud with vs. I called to complain and thei solution was "buy center ice to watch hockey". No discount, no change in monthly rate even though they lost a channel that I had whne I signed up. Nothing.

If the Bills continue to suck, I won't be renewing the Ticket and I'll be changing services. This is absurd.

hydro
11-28-2009, 06:09 PM
I don't think it is on Versus :headscrat

edit: Monday's game is.

OpIv37
11-28-2009, 06:15 PM
I don't think it is on Versus :headscrat

edit: Monday's game is.
same problem, just a two day time difference.

I found a feed for tonight anyway. It looks like ass but it's better than nothing.

Al the Bills Fan
11-28-2009, 06:29 PM
do you get channel 638 on DirecTV? I have it on

OpIv37
11-28-2009, 06:32 PM
do you get channel 638 on DirecTV? I have it on
You must live in Buffalo. It's blocked on that channel outside of the sabres market to force people to pay for center ice.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-28-2009, 06:51 PM
you can press the red button on your remote and that brings up scoreguide, go to NHL, then find the Sabres score, then it says watch now, and it shows all the channels that it's on.

SkateZilla
11-28-2009, 08:20 PM
buy center ice isnt the solution, if the game is on VS, or NBC then it will be blacked out on center ice so you'd still Be S.O.O.L.

OpIv37
11-28-2009, 08:54 PM
buy center ice isnt the solution, if the game is on VS, or NBC then it will be blacked out on center ice so you'd still Be S.O.O.L.

yeah I knew that but the dumbass on the phone didn't. I really hate when I know more about the products than the people supposedly selling them

Jan Reimers
11-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Correct. If it's on Versus, it's not on DirecTV Channel 638 (MSG) or the their Center Ice package. It really pisses me off to pay for Center Ice, then miss the game because DirecTV and Versus can't agree on carriage fees.

DMBcrew36
11-30-2009, 10:14 AM
I have to find a good bar or restaurant here in Buffalo to watch it in. Somewhere that has the audio of the game on, and is not overly crowded. Places like Amherst Ale House are too small and packed inside, despite being dedicated to the game.

rbochan
11-30-2009, 10:34 AM
I have to find a good bar or restaurant here in Buffalo to watch it in. Somewhere that has the audio of the game on, and is not overly crowded. Places like Amherst Ale House are too small and packed inside, despite being dedicated to the game.
Jack's Place, in Williamsville, across the street from the Marriott. Also, the Tully's at Transit & Main.

Ebenezer
11-30-2009, 10:38 AM
If you live outside of Buffalo then deal with trying to watch Buffalo teams...but again, the world must cater to Op or he whines. One game of 82...grow up.

DMBcrew36
11-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Jack's Place, in Williamsville, across the street from the Marriott. Also, the Tully's at Transit & Main.

Thanks - I live at Maple/N.Forest area, so Jack's Place is definitely the closest option. If not, Tully's or Dave & Busters.

hydro
11-30-2009, 10:44 AM
If you live outside of Buffalo then deal with trying to watch Buffalo teams...but again, the world must cater to Op or he whines. One game of 82...grow up.

Yet again you have to get Op riled up. It isn't just one game. If you haven't noticed, the Sabres have already played one other game on Versus and will have about 4 more coming up this season...

Ebenezer
11-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Yet again you have to get Op riled up. It isn't just one game. If you haven't noticed, the Sabres have already played one other game on Versus and will have about 4 more coming up this season...

:yawn:

fine...six games...you know...they don't have to put any on TV.

hydro
11-30-2009, 10:55 AM

So you never complain about anything right? Op isn't even the only one pissed that the game isn't on Vs.

OpIv37
11-30-2009, 11:10 AM

first its 6 games, not just one. Second, there are other hockey games, wec fights and other things on vs that I am missing. Third, they reduced my services without any reduction in price. My complaint is perfectly legitimate. If I was a company, I'd love to have you as a customer. I'd walk all over you and if you ever complained, Id just say "the world doesn't cater to Eb."

more importantly, this doesn't affect just me. There are millions of directv subscribers in the same boat. And the NHL is hurting itself by partnering with a crappy network that it can't even get into homes.

BSU Drew
11-30-2009, 11:14 AM
same problem, just a two day time difference.

I found a feed for tonight anyway. It looks like ass but it's better than nothing.

What feed are you using!?

OpIv37
11-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Correct. If it's on Versus, it's not on DirecTV Channel 638 (MSG) or the their Center Ice package. It really pisses me off to pay for Center Ice, then miss the game because DirecTV and Versus can't agree on carriage fees.
Well, Jan, the world doesn't cater to you. What makes you so special that you think you should actually get what you paid for?

Dr. Lecter
11-30-2009, 11:24 AM

The problem is that the game *is* on TV, but directTV and comcast are being whiny *****es about it.

OpIv37
11-30-2009, 11:30 AM

And for the record, those 6 games and the 4 against the caps are the only ones on TV in my area, so directv and comcrap are costing me 60% of the available games. You're lucky enough to live where you get all the games for free, and then you get on my case for being pissed that the few games I get to watch have been taken away without even an offer of compensation? WTF?

DMBcrew36
11-30-2009, 11:37 AM
So you never complain about anything right? Op isn't even the only one pissed that the game isn't on Vs.

Yeah, I'm furious with DirecTV. I've called then, e-mailed them - they just blow me off. They tell me I should call Comcast and I tell them "Well, I don't pay Comcast over $200 a month - I pay YOU over $200 a month, so don't tell me to call them."

DMBcrew36
11-30-2009, 11:38 AM
I'll either gamble on watching online, or go to Dave & Busters or Tully's probably. I have hockey myself tonight at 10:30, so I'd rather not go out before, and most certainly would rather not drink.

RockStar36
11-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Just another reason why DirecTV isn't the greatest of them all.

DMBcrew36
11-30-2009, 11:51 AM

Meh, I love it other than having lost Versus. I'm still holding out hope that Comcast and DirecTV will come to some agreement.

RockStar36
11-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Meh, I love it other than having lost Versus. I'm still holding out hope that Comcast and DirecTV will come to some agreement.

Well seeing how many months it's already been, I wouldn't count on it.

Ebenezer
11-30-2009, 11:55 AM
The problem is that the game *is* on TV, but directTV and comcast are being whiny *****es about it.

that's their issue.

Dr. Lecter
11-30-2009, 11:58 AM
that's their issue.

It is also my issue when I subscribe to DirectTv and the package I bought had Vs on it. (and ESPN Classic too, but that is another issue)

Ebenezer
11-30-2009, 11:58 AM
And for the record, those 6 games and the 4 against the caps are the only ones on TV in my area, so directv and comcrap are costing me 60% of the available games. You're lucky enough to live where you get all the games for free, and then you get on my case for being pissed that the few games I get to watch have been taken away without even an offer of compensation? WTF?

do I get savings back when it is -5 and the satellite doesn't work? no. do I *****, no?

do I get savings back when the Blue Jays are blacked out in my area? no. do I *****, no?

It's not life threatening. you do not pay a la carte so you do not get a refund. Those are the broadcast rules - nobody is trying to cheat you. Be thankful you are not paying a la carte - your cost would be crazy if you had to buy every single channel separately. Again, they do not cater to you or me. They are not out to screw you or me (unlike your example on me). They run a business. If it were you you would be doing the same thing because those are the broadcast rules. If you weren't a Sabres fan it wouldn't affect you at all. They cannot make everybody happy. Grow up.

Ebenezer
11-30-2009, 11:59 AM
It is also my issue when I subscribe to DirectTv and the package I bought had Vs on it. (and ESPN Classic too, but that is another issue)

that is just it...it doesn't have Vs on it...it did but it doesn't any longer. tomorrow it could lose ESPN. Those are the risks.

OpIv37
11-30-2009, 12:17 PM
do I get savings back when it is -5 and the satellite doesn't work? no. do I *****, no?

do I get savings back when the Blue Jays are blacked out in my area? no. do I *****, no?

It's not life threatening. you do not pay a la carte so you do not get a refund. Those are the broadcast rules - nobody is trying to cheat you. Be thankful you are not paying a la carte - your cost would be crazy if you had to buy every single channel separately. Again, they do not cater to you or me. They are not out to screw you or me (unlike your example on me). They run a business. If it were you you would be doing the same thing because those are the broadcast rules. If you weren't a Sabres fan it wouldn't affect you at all. They cannot make everybody happy. Grow up.
Well you should ***** because you're not getting what you paid for. Don't hold it against me because I'm willing to stand up for myself and you are not.

And I'd rather pay a la carte cuz I get a lot of crap that I never watch.

And this has nothing to do with broadcast rules. The game is on nationally on all networks except dtv.

OpIv37
11-30-2009, 12:20 PM
that is just it...it doesn't have Vs on it...it did but it doesn't any longer. tomorrow it could lose ESPN. Those are the risks.
So why does the consumer bear all the risk and not the company? They are SAVING money by not providing VS.

There's a name for selling one product/service but providing something else: bait and switch.

DMBcrew36
11-30-2009, 12:24 PM
So why does the consumer bear all the risk and not the company? They are SAVING money by not providing VS.

There's a name for selling one product/service but providing something else: bait and switch.

Yeah, but they're a corporation. Their goal is margins and maximizing shareholder profit. Cutting Versus increases their earnings-per-share!

Al the Bills Fan
11-30-2009, 01:11 PM
You must live in Buffalo. It's blocked on that channel outside of the sabres market to force people to pay for center ice.

I live an hour outside NYC...I think I get it on that channel because of MSG broadcasting the games

Ebenezer
11-30-2009, 01:28 PM

It's not bait and switch? When did Dtv ever tell me I was going to see Vs and have it forever?

And you talk big but you don't want a la carte - you get a huge cost savings by the bundling that is done by providers. Why don't you divide the number of channels into your monthly cost and then you tell me how you can do that a la carte.

RockStar36
11-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Just for the record, VS is probably just as much to blame for this.

Same thing with NFL Network and the cable companies. It is probably 50/50.

Ebenezer
11-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Just for the record, VS is probably just as much to blame for this.

Same thing with NFL Network and the cable companies. It is probably 50/50.

no doubt...but he is *****ing about a network that isn't on Dtv...wasn't on Dtv before the season began. there is no bait and switch. he wants a rebate over something he never paid for in a situation that affects almost nobody but him.

Look, even if you have the deluxe package at $84 a month...that is $2.80 a day. Divide that by 265 digital stations (and actually I think there are more stations than that) and your cost per station per day is a penny. Now, he wants a rebate over a three hour program. The dude wants an eight of a penny rebate for a channel he wasn't getting any way. Really? He's blowing a fit over that? An eigth of a penny?

RockStar36
11-30-2009, 02:37 PM
no doubt...but he is *****ing about a network that isn't on Dtv...wasn't on Dtv before the season began. there is no bait and switch. he wants a rebate over something he never paid for in a situation that affects almost nobody but him.

Look, even if you have the deluxe package at $84 a month...that is $2.80 a day. Divide that by 265 digital stations (and actually I think there are more stations than that) and your cost per station per day is a penny. Now, he wants a rebate over a three hour program. The dude wants an eight of a penny rebate for a channel he wasn't getting any way. Really? He's blowing a fit over that? An eigth of a penny?

Not defending him, but it affects a lot more people than him. VS has hockey on at least twice a week and every fan of those teams with DTV doesn't get to see their game. It just so happens that this week it's the Sabres, as it was when they played Detroit earlier this season.

OpIv37
11-30-2009, 02:45 PM

It WAS on the package I purchased when I upgraded last year, therefore it is bait and switch.
I'd rather just get the damn games than get a refund, but if they cut service then they should compensate the consumer.

Ebenezer
11-30-2009, 03:00 PM
It WAS on the package I purchased when I upgraded last year, therefore it is bait and switch.
I'd rather just get the damn games than get a refund, but if they cut service then they should compensate the consumer.
they ended their contract with Vs...that is not bait and switch. they can end their contract with any network at any time.

Go ahead...demand a $3.60 refund...and then pay them for the stations they have added over the course of the year...it works both ways. You are being rather childish.

Have you noticed a pattern here?

Apple
Dtv

I am sure there are others.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Versus president Jamie Davis appeared on the NHL Live radio show Friday and discussed the cable network's dispute with DirecTV.

"What [DirecTV officials] wanted to do and what they're insisting on and what they have also not told the public is that they were insisting on a clause that would give them the ability to take Versus away from 6 million existing subscribers by re-tiering it, putting on a different tier and going back and saying 'now if you want to continue getting Versus, which you used to get for free, now you have to pay X dollars more a month,'" Davis said. "That's something we wouldn't accept and that's what this is about."

Davis denied DirecTV's allegations that Versus is asking for more money per subscriber -- a cost the satellite company said it would be forced to pass along to its customers.

"We have an offer to them on the table which is for not one extra penny than what they were paying before, and we're not asking for any extra money or extra distribution," Davis said. "We just wanted to continue on a status-quo deal with no strings attached and they have rejected that."

Davis said he's disappointed by the fact that so many NHL fans have missed out on nearly a month's worth of games, but he said the sides are still working toward a deal.

"The two sides are talking, that's good news," he said. "If there was no dialogue, that would be really, really bad."

Davis said that despite losing the DirecTV outlet for the network, ratings are still extremely high.

"Opening night was the highest-rated opening we ever had," Davis said, "and the game in Boston (Capitals-Bruins, Oct. 1) was the highest-rated ever on the network for a regular-season game. We're up 30 percent-plus on viewership."
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=503276

DMBcrew36
11-30-2009, 03:52 PM
Versus president Jamie Davis appeared on the NHL Live radio show Friday and discussed the cable network's dispute with DirecTV.

"What [DirecTV officials] wanted to do and what they're insisting on and what they have also not told the public is that they were insisting on a clause that would give them the ability to take Versus away from 6 million existing subscribers by re-tiering it, putting on a different tier and going back and saying 'now if you want to continue getting Versus, which you used to get for free, now you have to pay X dollars more a month,'" Davis said. "That's something we wouldn't accept and that's what this is about."

Davis denied DirecTV's allegations that Versus is asking for more money per subscriber -- a cost the satellite company said it would be forced to pass along to its customers.

"We have an offer to them on the table which is for not one extra penny than what they were paying before, and we're not asking for any extra money or extra distribution," Davis said. "We just wanted to continue on a status-quo deal with no strings attached and they have rejected that."

Davis said he's disappointed by the fact that so many NHL fans have missed out on nearly a month's worth of games, but he said the sides are still working toward a deal.

"The two sides are talking, that's good news," he said. "If there was no dialogue, that would be really, really bad."

Davis said that despite losing the DirecTV outlet for the network, ratings are still extremely high.

"Opening night was the highest-rated opening we ever had," Davis said, "and the game in Boston (Capitals-Bruins, Oct. 1) was the highest-rated ever on the network for a regular-season game. We're up 30 percent-plus on viewership."
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=503276

I don't care what DirecTV puts it on -- I have every ***** package you can have. Just give me my f***king Versus.

Ebenezer
11-30-2009, 05:05 PM
and by the way...since you are so ethical and worried about bait and switch I am sure you will march into your boss's office and pay him back for all the time you spend on BillsZone and not on matters of his work. You have cut service to him against a legal contract that you have with him. You owe him a refund.

OpIv37
11-30-2009, 09:23 PM
and by the way...since you are so ethical and worried about bait and switch I am sure you will march into your boss's office and pay him back for all the time you spend on BillsZone and not on matters of his work. You have cut service to him against a legal contract that you have with him. You owe him a refund.

Sure, I'll do that, when my boss compensates me for all the times I stayed at the office for 11 hours or worked an 8 hour day then put in an extra 2 or 3 hours at home. Or brought my lunch and ate at my desk so I didn't have to stop working.

Jan Reimers
12-01-2009, 08:36 AM
I do deal with it. I subcribe to DirecTV's Platinum plan, and it's Center Ice package, which means I've been able to watch virtually every Sabres' game in the past. I pay dearly for that privelege. So the childish dispute between DirecTV and Comcast over Versus carriage charges - causing DirecTV to drop Versus - really frustrates me.

DMBcrew36
12-01-2009, 09:13 AM
I do deal with it. I subcribe to DirecTV's Platinum plan, and it's Center Ice package, which means I've been able to watch virtually every Sabres' game in the past. I pay dearly for that privelege. So the childish dispute between DirecTV and Comcast over Versus carriage charges - causing DirecTV to drop Versus - really frustrates me.

I'm in your boat. It's absolutely ******ed that I live IN Buffalo and yet have to go to a bar to watch the team. I don't pay DirecTV $200 a month for their top package and Centre Ice to have to be unable to watch our local hockey team.

That said, I lucked out last night. The Sportsnet Canada feed was absolutely prestine on my laptop last night. I was so happy to watch that feed, rather than the Versus feed with those annoying morons.

Meathead
12-02-2009, 10:35 AM
i dont have the heart to :lolpoint: you

oh wait i do

:lolpoint: op

that does suck tho. remember last year when the bills game wasnt televised cuz tw and somebody were fighting, what game was that? i think i went over to teds to watch that game, which was cool but its kinda crazy when they cant agree and take it out on the viewers like that

DMBcrew36
12-02-2009, 11:48 AM

Enjoy not being able to watch the Bills game at home tomorrow night! :loser:

RockStar36
12-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Enjoy not being able to watch the Bills game at home tomorrow night! :loser:

:rofl:

I'll be watching.

Obviously my view of DTV is worse than yours. DTV doesn't even off locals at all in my area, which is absolute garbage.

DMBcrew36
12-02-2009, 12:11 PM
:rofl:

I'll be watching.

Obviously my view of DTV is worse than yours. DTV doesn't even off locals at all in my area, which is absolute garbage.

I couldn't help but bust your chops :D