Bruce Campbell, Buffalo's first round pick in 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Campbell, Buffalo's first round pick in 2010

Okung will likely to be gone by the time we draft.

And its about time we stopped messing around and sort this position out for the next decade. Peters didn't want to be here, it was all about money for him.

But if you look at all the great QBs, they almost always had an excellent LT guarding them - Elway/Zimmerman, Manning/Glenn, Brady/Light, McNabb/Thomas ... the list is endless.

So lets take the LT with the highest upside in the draft, BRUCE CAMPBELL

6ft7, 310lbs, has been clocked at under 5secs.

"Nice size, wide frame, not fat. Long arms. A bit thin in his upper body, could add more weight. Very athletic with quick feet. Moves very well. May be one of the most athletic OT's in this class. Technique could use some work. Punches when he blocks instead of locking on with locked arms. Also doesn't slide to create a wall as well as he should. He certainly has the quickness and athleticism to move and create the wall around the pocket. Looks like it could be coaching (1st 8:20). One of the nastier players in this draft, shows an attitude in the way he blocks, doesn't just go through the motions. When he run blocks, he starts driving and doesnt stop. Great motor at OT. His athleticism at the position is off the charts. Hes raw, and could use more muscle, but hes a very good prospect."

I want our QB to have all day to decide what to do with the ball, and this guy will own any DE or OLB he is up against.

He may not be a flashy QB pick and he won't have his own YouTube vault of clips but if this team is serious about ever getting back to the playoffs it has to start here.

You cannot built a house that will last long without foundations, and having missed Oher last year, we cannot make the same error again.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-28-2009, 06:50 PM.
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Re: Bruce Campbell, Buffalo's first round pick in 2010

Dude was AWESOME in Evil Dead 2. One question... would he get to block with the chainsaw on his hand? If so, draft him up!

In all seriousness... I am on board with drafting a tackle if the pick we have warrants it. However, it is hard to say Campbell can be that guy at this time. Upside? Can't afford it... guy has to be a proven commodity and perform from day one. That is simply a handicap Buffalo is dealing with. I'd say the same goes for any QB we look at... can't afford to wait three years - guy has to be ready to get on the field at some point next year.

With the holes we have, I honestly think there are up to 10 different positions we could address with our 1st. However the pick is, my only desire is that the cat is ready to roll ASAP.

Comment

• Barb
      • Nov 2008

you need to stop this nonsens about the MUST to have a LT before you draft a franchise qb, i read in a thread earlier were you wrote that the colts drafted tarik glenn before they drafted manning, do you really believe if manning would have been the year before they still would have picked glenn over manning ????

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

When Buffalo signed Brohm, the odds of them drafting a QB in round one went way down, maybe 10-20%. The odds are actually quite good they'll draft a tackle. If Buffalo changes defensive systems with a new coaching staff, they may also feel a strong urge to draft 3-4 defensive linemen. A lot will happen between now and the draft to determine how a team's big board might look. I'll certainly be following the ebb and flow of perceived player values, but I'm not going to get too wrapped up in trying to target specific players just yet.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• DynaPaul
          • Sep 2003

Give me some sugar baby. All hail the king!

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
            We play to win the game!
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Barb
            you need to stop this nonsens about the MUST to have a LT before you draft a franchise qb, i read in a thread earlier were you wrote that the colts drafted tarik glenn before they drafted manning, do you really believe if manning would have been the year before they still would have picked glenn over manning ????
            Great point but there is no franchise QB in this draft with the Peyton Manning credentials.

Comment

I certainly don't think that Polian would have been stupid enough to leave Manning naked by not covering his blindside

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

We must have OL help before we sink a ton of $$ in a franchise QB....
                Why would you throw a QB behind this line???
                We will get a QB but we need OL help as well..
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• McBFLO
                  • Mar 2003

With regards to the draft, I think that whatever new regime ends up being in control is going to come in here and see just how far away this team is, and is going to want to "stock the cupboards" with his own guys. Unless there is a deemed can't-miss prospect at QB or LT on the clock when we pick (in the top 10 for sure and possible even top 5), they're going to want to trade back to acquire more picks. And if this happens, I applaud them. This team needs some new blood. (Most of) The players that are here have proven they can't get it done.
                  Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

Working...
                  X