PDA

View Full Version : Potential QB to watch today...

DraftBoy
11-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Pittsburgh will be starting Dennis Dixon today. Wouldn't hurt to look intot hat game at times and see how he is fairing. He has a big arm, and great athleticism. He played for Oregon that year they were going undefeated. He tore his ACL and Oregon's National Title dreams went down the tubes.

Dixon is young and is blocked by Big Ben, so it could be a Matt Cassel/Matt Schaub situation.

Nighthawk
11-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Pittsburgh will be starting Dennis Dixon today. Wouldn't hurt to look intot hat game at times and see how he is fairing. He has a big arm, and great athleticism. He played for Oregon that year they were going undefeated. He tore his ACL and Oregon's National Title dreams went down the tubes.

Dixon is young and is blocked by Big Ben, so it could be a Matt Cassel/Matt Schaub situation.

I liked him at Oregon...I'm interested to see what he does today.

Don't Panic
11-29-2009, 10:38 AM
As an Arizona fan, I remember Dixon well. They were unstoppable until he went down, and if I remember correctly we were the team it happened against. We ended up beating them at that was that for their title hopes, which as you mentioned were strong up to that point. Definitely worth a look today... good posting, DB.

BILLSROCK1212
11-29-2009, 10:41 AM
I see Dennis Dixon being much like Troy Smith....he can start for you and win games, most of the time at least he won't lose them for you, but he can't turn a franchise around....somewhere between Schuab and Cassel I guess (more towards Cassel)

Don't Panic
11-29-2009, 11:03 AM
I see Dennis Dixon being much like Troy Smith....he can start for you and win games, most of the time at least he won't lose them for you, but he can't turn a franchise around....somewhere between Schuab and Cassel I guess (more towards Cassel)

Except he's taller and leaner than Smith, and I'd say more talented. I just looked up his weight... 209. May be a bit light for the beating he would have to take as a starting QB.

jimbohastle51
11-29-2009, 01:35 PM
i think its pretty safe to say that with our new coach they will be taking a QB with our first round pick as there QB of the future and since none will be going 1 overall its safe to say we could be in position to have our pick of the crop. my guess is honestly we draft bradford or clausen. they will be the 2 highest true qb's coming out this year. especially clausen cause he ran a pro system and excelled at it and has a cannon arm for the weather he would play in in buffalo. i dont see any situation where we dont take a QB with our first pick. there is no LT that will be ranked higher than clausen or bradford that we will be able to get our hands on. and there will be no starting caliber QB available for trade or free agency. you can pretty much lock QB in for us.

tampabay25690
11-29-2009, 02:22 PM
I want to see how he looks..
Will be a tuff 1st start at Baltimore....

DraftBoy
11-30-2009, 10:41 AM
So thoughts from last night?

Dixon looked rocky to me, his TD throw to Holmes was not that nice, it was low and behind Holmes who had to adjust. He didn't look horrible at all, but that last INT was bad and he probably should of had 2 more picked off.

His legs looked good though as he bought a lot of time. Overall I saw a project still but one with a live arm and who could be brought along. I still think picking him up or a Josh Johnson from Tampa in a trade for a mid round pick may be a better option than taking a draft pick in this crappy QB class.

Night Train
11-30-2009, 10:47 AM
I still think picking him up or a Josh Johnson from Tampa in a trade for a mid round pick may be a better option than taking a draft pick in this crappy QB class.

Agreed. Certainly none of these projected first rounders look worth it to me.

Draft in the Front 7 of the D and the OL first...then keep drafting there again & again for the next 2 years.