PDA

View Full Version : Donte Witner

soapman
11-29-2009, 01:43 PM
For those of you who don't think he's one of the top safeties in the game, please check your references. The guy is playing lights out when the rest of the defense is playing terrible. He's got more touches on Ricky Williams than anyone on the D-line.

SquishDaFish
11-29-2009, 01:45 PM
I agree hes playing good today

raphael120
11-29-2009, 01:46 PM
good for him.

in my opinion, you shouldnt have to defend a 8th round pick as much as people do. the fact that it's his 3rd year in the league and people still need to justify things by him playing well in a meaningless game just proves how he's been a disappointment and not worthy of a top 10 pick.

SquishDaFish
11-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Is that his fault??

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 01:59 PM
It's his fault that he's a bottom tier NFL safety, yes.

He's probably our 3rd or 4th best safety...let alone top in the NFL.

Byrd, Scott > Whitner. Debatable if Wilson is.

Prov401
11-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Uh-oh, now you did it. Now all the Whitner haters are going to come out of the woods and bring up how he hit that player in the end-zone 2 years ago to cost us a penalty. Or how he got burned last year....twice. Or how he only gets these tackles because our D-line has gaping holes the size of Paris Hilton's v..... Forget it... You've done it now.

Whitner is an animal. Announcers talk about him any time I watch a Bills game. And all the talk is positive. People should just understand our dumbass front office took a late 1st round pick, in the top 10. Be mad at them. Whitner is still a beast.

Prov401
11-29-2009, 02:02 PM
It's his fault that he's a bottom tier NFL safety, yes.

He's probably our 3rd or 4th best safety...let alone top in the NFL.

Byrd, Scott > Whitner. Debatable if Wilson is.

No.

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Uh-oh, now you did it. Now all the Whitner haters are going to come out of the woods and bring up how he hit that player in the end-zone 2 years ago to cost us a penalty. Or how he got burned last year....twice. Or how he only gets these tackles because our D-line has gaping holes the size of Paris Hilton's v..... Forget it... You've done it now.

Whitner is an animal. Announcers talk about him any time I watch a Bills game. And all the talk is positive. People should just understand our dumbass front office took a late 1st round pick, in the top 10. Be mad at them. Whitner is still a beast.

Whitner isn't even as good as he was in college.

I don't know if it's because everyone else is just better than him or he cashed in his check and stopped caring.

Fact is, he shouldn't and most likely wouldn't be starting if we weren't as thin at LB right now and were stuck playing Scott there.

Prov401
11-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Whitner isn't even as good as he was in college.

I don't know if it's because everyone else is just better than him or he cashed in his check and stopped caring.

Fact is, he shouldn't and most likely wouldn't be starting if we weren't as thin at LB right now and were stuck playing Scott there.

In Whitner's first 3 years here in Buffalo, he has more tackles than Polamalu's first 3 years with the Steelers. Fact. 254-225. Ed Reed's first 3 seasons accumulated in only 231 total tackles. Actually, Whitner's single season high in tackles (104) is more than Polamalu's (96), and Reed's (85). He is very seldomly sent on blitz's, so if your pissed at the lack of production in the sack category, blame the scheme and, or Perry Fewell. He is very durable, and has suited up all of 6 games in his career. I'm only comparis tackles here, I would take Ed or Troy over Donte all day, however I'm just showing he shows up on the field with the elite tacklers in this game.

Seriously. what's the problem with him? I will say it again....A reach? YES...YES...YES... HE WAS REACHED FOR. No argument there. It's not his fault. However, he was still a late first round pick. And he plays like it. He wears his heart on his sleeve, and he is proud to put on the Bills uni each and every week. Probably the proudest member of our team. Seriously...Why does he suck? So these commentators and analysts that show Whitner some respect week in week out, are just flawed at their analysis? Or are you just angry because Whitner doesn't get interceptions? Weak excuses not to like Donte.

Griff
11-29-2009, 02:14 PM
so now that his job is in jeopardy he decides to play? sorry he's a loser.

Griff
11-29-2009, 02:15 PM
In Whitner's first 3 years here in Buffalo, he has more tackles than Polamalu's first 3 years with the Steelers. Fact. 254-225. Ed Reed's first 3 seasons accumulated in only 231 total tackles. Actually, Whitner's single season high in tackles (104) is more than Polamalu's (96), and Reed's (85). He is very seldomly sent on blitz's, so if your pissed at the lack of production in the sack category, blame the scheme and, or Perry Fewell. He is very durable, and has suited up all of 6 games in his career.

Seriously. what's the problem with him? I will say it again....A reach? YES...YES...YES... HE WAS REACHED FOR. No argument there. It's not his fault. However, he was still a late first round pick. And he plays like it. He wears his heart on his sleeve, and he is proud to put on the Bills uni each and every week. Probably the proudest member of our team. Seriously...Why does he suck? So these commentators and analysts that show Whitner some respect week in week out, are just flawed at their analysis? Or are you just angry because Whitner doesn't get interceptions? Weak excuses not to like Donte.

good job he gets tackles, all safeties and linebackers get tackles. What else has he done? Nothing.

Prov401
11-29-2009, 02:21 PM
good job he gets tackles, all safeties and linebackers get tackles. What else has he done? Nothing.

Well thought out response.

So you judge your safeties by interceptions only huh?

What else do you want him to do?

Is it Whitner's fault that he is asked to stand 40 yards down field to prevent any big play, because that's what his scheme demands of him? Oh, making tackles is no biggie huh? I'd love to see you stand in front of Jamal Lewis coming at you full speed. Whitner is a wondeful tackler...None the less, whether you value tackles or not (obviously you dont), the tackle HAS to be made. He makes them. And a ton of solo ones at that. Dumb response.

Griff
11-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Well thought out response.

So you judge your safeties by interceptions only huh?

What else do you want him to do?

Is it Whitner's fault that he is asked to stand 40 yards down field to prevent any big play, because that's what his scheme demands of him? Oh, making tackles is no biggie huh? I'd love to see you stand in front of Jamal Lewis coming at you full speed. Whitner is a wondeful tackler...None the less, whether you value tackles or not (obviously you dont), the tackle HAS to be made. He makes them. And a ton of solo ones at that. Dumb response.

rofl yeah comparing me to an NFL player is a well thought out response too. Making tackles 5-7 yards downfield is not great play.

Prov401
11-29-2009, 02:33 PM
rofl yeah comparing me to an NFL player is a well thought out response too. Making tackles 5-7 yards downfield is not great play.

Whomever. What I'm showing by comparing you is, it's a tough thing to do for any human being. Donte Whitner doesn't back down. And AGAIN....is it Donte's fault that our D-line sucks. Our LB's are a joke. Or that he has to run up 15 yards upfield to make that tackle '5-7 yards downfield'. Weak.

So what your saying is these ratings that came out in the begining of the season rating Donte as number 9 is just so unbelievably jaw-dropping? You know what's funny, since the first game this season, a few Donte haters come on here and go.... "Yea, he had a good game today I'll give him that... We'll see what he does next week"... Then the next week, they say the same exact thing....Same thing the next week...Then the next... What does he do wrong??

Prov401
11-29-2009, 02:37 PM
(Griff's inner monolouge: Oh man, what does he do wrong?... umm..ummm.. oh, I'll bring up something he did 3 years ago when he was a rookie...Or that time he got that stupid penalty.. yea, that's what I'll say.)

soapman
11-29-2009, 02:38 PM
What does he do wrong??

Throw touchdowns....

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 02:40 PM
In Whitner's first 3 years here in Buffalo, he has more tackles than Polamalu's first 3 years with the Steelers. Fact. 254-225. Ed Reed's first 3 seasons accumulated in only 231 total tackles. Actually, Whitner's single season high in tackles (104) is more than Polamalu's (96), and Reed's (85). He is very seldomly sent on blitz's, so if your pissed at the lack of production in the sack category, blame the scheme and, or Perry Fewell. He is very durable, and has suited up all of 6 games in his career. I'm only comparis tackles here, I would take Ed or Troy over Donte all day, however I'm just showing he shows up on the field with the elite tacklers in this game.

He makes ZERO plays.

And the past few weeks when he wasn't on the field, our secondary looked better than when he was on the field.

There's my problem with him.

At the very best you could say he's average.

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 02:41 PM
(Griff's inner monolouge: Oh man, what does he do wrong?... umm..ummm.. oh, I'll bring up something he did 3 years ago when he was a rookie...Or that time he got that stupid penalty.. yea, that's what I'll say.)

What does he do right?

Name me one play that Donte has made in his NFL career.

soapman
11-29-2009, 02:44 PM
What does he do right?

Are you watching the game today?

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Are you watching the game today?

He's made some tackles downfield today.

That's all you expect out of him?

George Wilson does that too.

Prov401
11-29-2009, 02:50 PM
He makes ZERO plays.

And the past few weeks when he wasn't on the field, our secondary looked better than when he was on the field.

There's my problem with him.

At the very best you could say he's average.

Oh, so tackling players and preventing TD's, or being the surest tackler on our team overall is just doing nothing. No way he earns his paycheck! Zero plays? Really? Do you mean, he doesn't get sent on blitz's? His fault? No.

Donte Whitner is NOT a liability to the Buffalo Bills. End of story. He doesn't do anything to hurt the Buffalo Bills. He does what he is asked to do. He plays 78 yards down field like Fewell wants him to, and he breaks on the ball wherever it goes. Is he a ball hawk? No. However, I find it very hard to believe that you have to be a ball hawk to be considered great in this leauge. Antoine Winfield isn't much of a ball haw either. Still one of the best CB's in the NFL. Again, don't pose my question to me...Answer me..What does he do wrong?

soapman
11-29-2009, 02:50 PM
He's made some tackles downfield today.

That's all you expect out of him?

George Wilson does that too.
BOOM! There's ur play!

Pinkerton Security
11-29-2009, 02:51 PM
WHITNER F'IN RULES!!!!!

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Wow, he made his first big play since he's been here...

I think I'll applaud!

BILLSROCK1212
11-29-2009, 02:52 PM
he's not too shabby after all....

soapman
11-29-2009, 02:52 PM

I think I'll applaud!

Some people will hate no matter what.

Prov401
11-29-2009, 02:53 PM
What does he do right?

I'll answer this easy question. And I'm just going to give you what you want. One play. Week 2, Tampa Bay, 76 yard interception returned for a TD. Your question is answered. Answer my question.

Oh, looks like he just picked off a pass as I speak...Hmmm...

10 Tackles, 7 solo, 2 Passes deflected, and 1 int.

Nah....He sucks.

Slim
11-29-2009, 02:58 PM

I think I'll applaud!

Great day to argue about Whitner. Played one of his best games ever.

You look like a total tool.

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Oh, so tackling players and preventing TD's, or being the surest tackler on our team overall is just doing nothing. No way he earns his paycheck! Zero plays? Really? Do you mean, he doesn't get sent on blitz's? His fault? No.

Donte Whitner is NOT a liability to the Buffalo Bills. End of story. He doesn't do anything to hurt the Buffalo Bills. He does what he is asked to do. He plays 78 yards down field like Fewell wants him to, and he breaks on the ball wherever it goes. Is he a ball hawk? No. However, I find it very hard to believe that you have to be a ball hawk to be considered great in this leauge. Antoine Winfield isn't much of a ball haw either. Still one of the best CB's in the NFL. Again, don't pose my question to me...Answer me..What does he do wrong?

The surest tackler?

Have you missed him be run over, juked, take poor angles to the ball carrier? He does that constantly. I don't know where people get this misconception he's a hard hitter or sure tackler.

Has made one big play in his career here, which we just saw.

He went from playing 40 yards off the ball to 78 in half an hour!

Truth is he's never that far off the ball, he's on a zone assignment that he fails at miserably 75% of the time.

He doesn't get sent on many blitzes because he wouldn't get there, it would be a waste. We send safeties on blitzes, Scott and Wilson have been blitzed before. Why doesn't Whitner get sent on blitzes? You have to think it might be because the coaching staff doesn't think he'll get there. He may have been over his career here, I don't know, but I do know he hasn't gotten there if he has.

1 play in 4 years! WOOHOO!

A guy people bag on on these boards or have at one point when comparing to Whitner.

Michael Huff - 234 tackles 200 solo 28 pass defenses 1 sack 1 forced fumble 4 ints

Donte Whitner - 281 tackles 202 solo 9 pass defenses 1 sack 2 forced fumble 4 ints

But Whitner is great?

Slim
11-29-2009, 03:00 PM
The surest tackler?

Have you missed him be run over, juked, take poor angles to the ball carrier? He does that constantly. I don't know where people get this misconception he's a hard hitter or sure tackler.

Truth is he's never that far off the ball, he's on a zone assignment that he fails at miserably 75% of the time.

He doesn't get sent on many blitzes because he wouldn't get there, it would be a waste. We send safeties on blitzes, Scott and Wilson have been blitzed before. Why doesn't Whitner get sent on blitzes? You have to think it might be because the coaching staff doesn't think he'll get there. He may have been over his career here, I don't know, but I do know he hasn't gotten there if he has.

A guy people bag on on these boards or have at one point when comparing to Whitner.

Michael Huff - 234 tackles 200 solo 28 pass defenses 1 sack 1 forced fumble 4 ints

Donte Whitner - 281 tackles 202 solo 9 pass defenses 1 sack 2 forced fumble 4 ints

But Whitner is great?

Huff has actually been playing great this year. I live right outside the bay. Media here has been all over him for his good play. :::

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 03:01 PM
I'll answer this easy question. And I'm just going to give you what you want. One play. Week 2, Tampa Bay, 76 yard interception returned for a TD. Your question is answered. Answer my question.

Oh, looks like he just picked off a pass as I speak...Hmmm...

10 Tackles, 7 solo, 2 Passes deflected, and 1 int.

Nah....He sucks.

Jordan Babineaux...do you even know who he is?

Stats today...

12 tackles, all solo, 1 pass defense, 1 int.

Your point?

BillsWin
11-29-2009, 03:03 PM
This is ridiculous. The Whitner haters will never stop, so why try and convince them??? When Whitner has been healthy this year, it has been his best nfl season. He has really started to come along. (about time!) but, still people don't like him. oh well. Go Whitner and Go Bills! I love beating the Dolphins!!!

Prov401
11-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Jordan Babineaux...do you even know who he is?

Stats today...

12 tackles, all solo, 1 pass defense, 1 int.

Your point?

He had a good day and didn't do anything to disrupt the teams play, just like Whitner does. What's your point?

Prov401
11-29-2009, 03:19 PM
The surest tackler?

But Whitner is great?

Huff has been playing wonderfully this year. Start paying attention. 40-78 thing..it's called sarcasm..Somebody with the name 'funtimesyay' should know a thing or two about sarcasm. Dude.... your burnt today... you lost. Your bad angle b.s is nothing but b.s..Whitner is quality, and will never be given the credit he deserves by you haters.

Philagape
11-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Am I reading this thread right, or is someone defending Whitner on the basis that he doesn't allow a touchdown on every single play?

Basically, that he exists?

Please tell me that's not what's happening here.

Don't embarrass Bills fans any more than they already are by making that argument.

Donte Whitner .... exists. He exists!! Wow!!! Yay!!!

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 03:22 PM
He had a good day and didn't do anything to disrupt the teams play, just like Whitner does. What's your point?

My point is anyone can have a good day.

What's Whitner had in 4 seasons? 4 good days?

And that makes him an asset to this team?

If you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Donte is part of the problem because he sure as hell isn't part of the solution.

I've seen 2 big plays listed in this thread, one occuring today.

I can name 2 big gaffs just as quickly...tackling johnnie lee higgins 7 yards deep and being faked out of his jock and taking bad angles all day long vs the Giants a couple years ago.

He's an average safety on a bad team. If he was as good as some people around here try to claim he would stand out. He doesn't. He's just another guy.

Great players stand out no matter what's around them.

Philagape
11-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Great day to argue about Whitner. Played one of his best games ever.

Which is saying next to nothing.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-29-2009, 03:23 PM
Why did you bring up Jordan Babineaux lol. Such a hater

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Huff has been playing wonderfully this year. Start paying attention. 40-78 thing..it's called sarcasm..Somebody with the name 'funtimesyay' should know a thing or two about sarcasm. Dude.... your burnt today... you lost. Your bad angle b.s is nothing but b.s..Whitner is quality, and will never be given the credit he deserves by you haters.

He will never be given credit, because he deserves no credit.

He has a good day and all of a sudden he's the next coming of Ronnie Lott.

Next week when he disappears like he usually does about 80% of the time, then what are you gonna say?

Oh, the rest of the team sucks so they're dragging him down!

Just suiting up and giving the old college try isn't good enough. And that's about all you get out of Whitner week in and week out. Even the sun shines on a dogs arse some days.

Philagape
11-29-2009, 03:25 PM
It boggles my mind how people can think they're vindicated when someone has a rare good game after four years of mediocrity.

Whitner needs, like, 20 of these kinds of games -- in fact, better than these -- and in a row -- to be vindicated.

You think you've seen it all here, but I never cease to be amazed.

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Why did you bring up Jordan Babineaux lol. Such a hater

To show you that one good day does not a career make.

He put up better numbers than Whitner did today.

Maybe you Whitner apologists should anoint Babineaux as a top 10 safety too.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Nobody claimed Whitner was an all pro. Just the fact he isn't as bad as some on here claim. He is the 2nd best safety on the team.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-29-2009, 03:27 PM
I bet you think Kerry Rhodes has outplayed Whitner too

Prov401
My point is anyone can have a good day.

What's Whitner had in 4 seasons? 4 good days?

And that makes him an asset to this team?

If you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Donte is part of the problem because he sure as hell isn't part of the solution.

I've seen 2 big plays listed in this thread, one occuring today.

I can name 2 big gaffs just as quickly...tackling johnnie lee higgins 7 yards deep and being faked out of his jock and taking bad angles all day long vs the Giants a couple years ago.

He's an average safety on a bad team. If he was as good as some people around here try to claim he would stand out. He doesn't. He's just another guy.

Great players stand out no matter what's around them.

lol.

Novacane
If he had more games like he did today people would not be down on him.

Philagape
11-29-2009, 03:28 PM
He is the 2nd best safety on the team.

How can we argue with such high praise??? :funny:

Slim
11-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Which is saying next to nothing.

It's called irony. :::

Philagape
11-29-2009, 03:29 PM
It's called irony. :::

I don't know who the hell you are (does anyone?), so how would I know what your tone is?

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 03:29 PM
lol.

Well there was a thoughtful response.

You showed me!

Thanks for that.

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 03:30 PM
I bet you think Kerry Rhodes has outplayed Whitner too

Over his career...without a doubt.

It's not even close.

Prov401
11-29-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm done with this thread. Like many have stated above me....Haters will be haters. Donte Whitner is not Ronnie Lott, Ed Reed, Or Troy Palomalu. He will never be as good as them. However, he is far from sucking, or being a mediocre Saftey. He is exactly where analysts put him in the begining of this season.. Rounding out the top 10 in safeties. He is constantly talked about by broadcasters in a positive way. He gets a bad rap because he was picked number 8 by our dumbass front office. They are to blame for that. Like I've said in the begining of this thread, he is a sure tackler, with heart and intensity. I am happy to have Donte Whitner on my team.

Prov401
11-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Well there was a thoughtful response.

You showed me!

Thanks for that.

It's just showing that I am paying no mind to your lame reasons to label Whitner as garbage. You named a penalty and a juke, out of thousands of plays Donte has been involved in. If he was such a joke, you would have lists of things to argue with me about as to why Donte should get the boot. Weak.

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm done with this threa. Like many have stated above me....Haters will be haters. Donte Whitner is not Ronnie Lott, Ed Reed, Or Troy Palomalu. He will never be as good as them. However, he is far from sucking, or being a mediocre Saftey. He is exactly where analysts put him in the begining of this season.. Rounding out the top 10 in safeties. He is constantly talked about by broadcasters in a positive way. He gets a bad rap because he was picked number 8 by our dumbass front office. They are to blame for that. Like I've said in the begining of this thread, he is a sure tackler, with heart and intensity. I am happy to have Donte Whitner on my team.

He gets a bad rep because he's made 2 plays in 4 years!

He gets a bad rep because people like you try to claim he's a top safety in the NFL.

He gets a bad rep because he hasn't even lived up to being a 3rd round pick let alone 8th overall.

He gets a bad rep because on a bad football team, he's just another guy.

He gets a bad rep because he's nowhere near the player he was in college.

He gets a bad rep because he mouths off and doesn't back it up.

He gets a bad rep because when he supposedly hurt his thumb he was tweeting about playing video games.

The above are all fact.

Dispute any of it.

Try.

Prov401
11-29-2009, 03:46 PM

He gets a bad rep because people like you try to claim he's a top safety in the NFL.

He gets a bad rep because he hasn't even lived up to being a 3rd round pick let alone 8th overall.

He gets a bad rep because when he supposedly hurt his thumb he was tweeting about playing video games.

The above are all fact.

Dispute any of it.

Try.

I feel like I've been issued a little quiz by a teacher in middle school. 'Dispute these in complete sentences'.

-That's just dumb, and wrong... No need to dispute here.

-That's my opinion, as well as the opinion of others on this forum. As well as the people who named him 9th best safety in the NFL. This is a forum where opinions are shared. I'm entitled as are you.

-Again for the 50th time stated by me, not only today, and not only by me. It's not his fault our front office took him at 8. Would I have? Hell no. However, he is still a quality player, and not a liability for the Buffalo Bills. Trust me buddy... Donte Whitner is not the reason why Buffalo loses games.

-Unlike our other guy's, he shows heart, passion, and intesity when he plays each and every Sunday.

-Never watched him in college so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here. However, he must be good enough to be ranked 9th best safety in the NFL...By a professional analysis.

-Huh? Where and when has he been a punk? The only dumb thing that came out of Donte's mouth was the guarentee of a playoff birth a couple of years ago. Shame on him for having confidence in himself and his team!!!

-What if he was playing with his index finger? Honestly this is just a stupid reason and has nothing to do with his play on the football field.

Your reasons are lame.

Slim
11-29-2009, 03:47 PM
I don't know who the hell you are (does anyone?), so how would I know what your tone is?

I'll start attaching a sarcasm meter on all my posts so you can keep up.

BTW. "Witner" REALLY?

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 03:52 PM
My reasons are lame yet you can't name any plays he's made in 4 years outside of the one today and the pick six earlier this season.

My reasons are lame yet you don't even know how Donte played in college.

My reasons are lame yet you don't comprehend what "on a bad team, he's just another guy" means. What it means is he's just a player you can plug in and it makes no difference. This team could have Wendling playing that spot and the difference would be negligible.

Whitner was thought of as being a first round pick, not as high as we picked him, but a first round pick nontheless. He hasn't lived up to being a first round pick, whether that be 8th or 31st.

And I didn't even mention the fact he's an idiot for going back into a club and disobeying a direct order from police.

Historian
11-29-2009, 03:54 PM
I thought he and Brian Scott were hitting very hard today.

Slim
11-29-2009, 03:56 PM
First game Donte ever played agianst the Pats, he had a pick. And he batted down the two point conversion to tie the game. Thats off the top of my head.

I dont think anyone is claiming Whitner to be Reed, or Polamalu. He's a solid player.

Prov401
11-29-2009, 03:56 PM
My reasons are lame yet you can't name any plays he's made in 4 years outside of the one today and the pick six earlier this season.

My reasons are lame yet you don't even know how Donte played in college.

My reasons are lame yet you don't comprehend what "on a bad team, he's just another guy" means. What it means is he's just a player you can plug in and it makes no difference. This team could have Wendling playing that spot and the difference would be negligible.

Whitner was thought of as being a first round pick, not as high as we picked him, but a first round pick nontheless. He hasn't lived up to being a first round pick, whether that be 8th or 31st.

And I didn't even mention the fact he's an idiot for going back into a club and disobeying a direct order from police.

Your making a fool of yourself.

Prov401
11-29-2009, 03:57 PM
First game Donte ever played agianst the Pats, he had a pick. And he batted down the two point conversion to tie the game. Thats off the top of my head.

I dont think anyone is claiming Whitner to be Reed, or Polamalu. He's a solid player.

EXACTLY.

Mr. Pink
11-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Your making a fool of yourself.

Sure I am. You keep defending mediocrity.

It's what this organization has been best at for the past decade.

He's another mediocre player in a long line of mediocre players.

He's nothing special and he's not terrible.

And honestly, if we weren't thin at LB, he wouldn't be starting anymore.

What Bryan Scott brings to the table is no different than Whitner. Plus we all know what Byrd brings to the table is much much better than Whitner.

Although Byrd did have a poor game today, and since we're judging based on one game, does that mean Byrd now sucks?

trapezeus
11-29-2009, 04:01 PM
to whitner defenders, the guy absolutely sucks in coverage. ooooooooh, he got an interception today, must mean he's a stud. the guy never covers well in man coverage. his saving grace is that he can help in run defense, but that hasn't been consistent. he's getting better at it, but he's not a top 8 pick. that's where the disgust comes from. just like maybin is going to catch flak when he is constantly outplayed by picks 12-32 until he consistently shows up to validate being an 11 pick.

PECKERWOOD
11-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Our defense has sucked whenever Whitner has been absent, I came into this year as one of his biggest critics, now I'm a big supporter. Whitner and Byrd are our best safeties, Whitner is obviously a hammer in the run game and Byrd is obviously a ball hawk in the secondary, they compliment each other well.

Pinkerton Security
11-29-2009, 04:51 PM
whitner is average at WORST. Lets focus our attention elsewhere.

Griff
11-29-2009, 05:51 PM
whitner is average at WORST. Lets focus our attention elsewhere.

by worst, you must mean most of the time.

TacklingDummy
11-30-2009, 06:31 AM
Whitner still blows.