PDA

View Full Version : I know it's only his second game

G Wolly
11-29-2009, 04:25 PM
Fewell should be our coach next year.

It took him 2 games to win his first, and not just win but won very convincingly.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself to form this opinion so soon but why not keep him for next season?

His emotion on the sidelines is refreshing to see again. He gets the guys riled up like Dick couldn't. Why spend more money on a coach who has to come into the organization and learn everything/switch everything, setting us back yet again.

He knows the team, and for some reason so far he's gotten them to produce.

Conclusion: Keep Fewell for HC next season, focus on getting the right guys to score points.

PromoTheRobot
11-29-2009, 04:29 PM
If Fewell wins 5, including beating the Pats*, make him head coach and hire Fassel as OC and Haslett as DC and hre Randy Mueller as GM.

PTR

It took him 2 games to win his first, and not just win but won very convincingly.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself to form this opinion so soon but why not keep him for next season?

His emotion on the sidelines is refreshing to see again. He gets the guys riled up like Dick couldn't. Why spend more money on a coach who has to come into the organization and learn everything/switch everything, setting us back yet again.

Conclusion: Keep Fewell for HC next season, focus on getting the right guys to score points.

imbondz
11-29-2009, 04:31 PM
No.

Nighthawk
11-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Oh my God...STOP!!!! People who are already stating this guy should be HC are completely clueless!!! If this was the end of the year and he ran off 5 wins, then maybe I could buy into him staying, but let's not forget how bad the 49ers are this year...AFTER...Singletary brought energy to the fans. Is that what we are really shooting for now??? As it stands right now, Fewell = More mediocrity. Fans in Buffalo are so desperate for a win, that they are completely losing their minds.

kernowboy
Because we need to switch to have any chance of sustainable success.

A complete house clearing. Now if Perry is cool with that, and is prepared to jump onboard then excellent but if not then we need to bring a new team in.

For some reasons the Dolphins stopped running, but Williams still had over a 100yds again. The Tampa2 has been an awful failure for us - on occasion we might have been statistically good but under Williams, Mularky, Jauron and now Fewell it has been reliant on the opponents having a fit of madness.
Considering how many times we've given up points in the 4th, one swallow does not make a summer.

If the Dolphins had kept hammering us on the ground we'd have lost.

Unless a coach is prepared to adopt a new system then we need to reconsider who leads this team.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
you guys gotta understand that we are comparing him to the most awful coach in the history of earth.
When you compare a coma compare to DEATH, the coma looks pretty good.
even punky brewster would look good in compaison.

So I like seeing the fresh look of perry on the sidelines COMPARED TO DEATH... but I'm not ready to hand him the keys.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-29-2009, 04:44 PM
WTF is wrong with you people. Since it took him only 2 games to get a win he deserves to be HC? So had he won last week in 1st game it was an automatic in your eyes i bet LOL.

People are so used to losing, it's sad. Get the best possible candidate, a higher promising guy with a less likely Bust Factor. Not another guy whose unproven or would get an opportunity in any other team. They better get a guy like Shanahan, Gruden, Fox, Grimm, Frazier, Holmgren, Garrett. Damnit. I don't care if it is a OC, DC but make sure it is a guy full of promise and accomplishment, and very reputable. We can't make mistakes keeping guys WE WANTED TO FIRE AS A DC cause he is emotional. Half this team will be cut!

Nighthawk
11-29-2009, 04:46 PM
WTF is wrong with you people. Since it took him only 2 games to get a win he deserves to be HC? So had he won last week in 1st game it was an automatic in your eyes i bet LOL.

People are so used to losing, it's sad. Get the best possible candidate, a higher promising guy with a less likely Bust Factor. Not another guy whose unproven or would get an opportunity in any other team. They better get a guy like Shanahan, Gruden, Fox, Grimm, Frazier, Holmgren, Garrett. Damnit. I don't care if it is a OC, DC but make sure it is a guy full of promise and accomplishment, and very reputable. We can't make mistakes keeping guys WE WANTED TO FIRE AS A DC cause he is emotional. Half this team will be cut!

Excellent post!

BuffaloBlitz83
11-29-2009, 04:47 PM
i hope the Jets blow us out 35-0 next week. And Fitz throws 3 INTs. I held myself from saying 5 INTs cause I bet there'd be guys posting, it wasn't Fool's fault. Fitz cost us game. He showed anger, he yelled! I WANT A NEW QB and COACH!!!!!!!!! BROHM and ONE OF THE ROOKIES in RD 1 or 2.

don137
11-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Fewell may be an upgrade over Jauron but I also think the players are playing better since they realized camp Dick is over and actually have to work to have a job next year.
Fewell is not the long term answer.

BillsWin
11-29-2009, 05:04 PM
:roflmao: ONE WIN AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS!? has Bills football really been this bad? Is this what we've come to? Come now people! Two games is not enough to stake the future of an nfl franchise on! What the hell!?

PECKERWOOD
11-29-2009, 05:06 PM
If he keeps this team playing hard and we start winning some football games, shoot, if we finish 8-8, he deserves to be head coach next year. Bring in Mike Martz as OC, hire a good GM to come in here and scout out talent. Why not?

YardRat
11-29-2009, 05:11 PM
I checked in here just to see NH's reaction :D

BADTHINGSMAN
11-29-2009, 05:11 PM
I want to see more then one win against a .500 team before saying he should atleast get a shot.

mysticsoto
11-29-2009, 05:14 PM
If he keeps this team playing hard and we start winning some football games, shoot, if we finish 8-8, he deserves to be head coach next year. Bring in Mike Martz as OC, hire a good GM to come in here and scout out talent. Why not?

No, keep Martz far away from Buffalo. We need to develop a running mentality in this cold, windy area and Martz will have us throwing 99% of the time. If we had a great QB, maybe that'd be ok, but Fitz is inaccurate and avg and likely not the future franchise qb that we really need. And I'm not sure if we can get a franchise qb in this year's draft. Everyone likes Tebow...but I just don't know...

BuffaloBlitz83
11-29-2009, 05:16 PM

Ok, i'll just say finishing 8-8 makes himDESERVE the job, which I don't agree but let's play with it.

If he DESERVES the job based on results, and the alternative is a guy like SHANAHAN. You prefer and will REJECT Mike shanahan for an Fewell? This is why this franchise continues to make KEY MISTAKES. ****, DESERVING. You get the BEST GUY FOR JOB. This isn't Happydays

Historian
11-29-2009, 05:30 PM
This team needs purged of its 10 years of misery.

Fewell and eveybody else need to go.

Nighthawk
11-29-2009, 05:35 PM
This team needs purged of its 10 years of misery.

Fewell and eveybody else need to go.

Exactly...

PECKERWOOD
11-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Ok, i'll just say finishing 8-8 makes himDESERVE the job, which I don't agree but let's play with it.

If he DESERVES the job based on results, and the alternative is a guy like SHANAHAN. You prefer and will REJECT Mike shanahan for an Fewell? This is why this franchise continues to make KEY MISTAKES. ****, DESERVING. You get the BEST GUY FOR JOB. This isn't Happydays

I'd rather have a fresh face, a guy who can build his own legacy with Buffalo, not a guy who will ride off of his previous legacy. Proven coaches doesn't necessarily mean better results, if we finish 8-8, it means that Fewell 5-2 as our head coach, not bad, not bad at all.

Also, if we finish 8-8, that likely means that Ryan Fitzpatrick is the answer at QB and that's one less position we need to worry about next year, an important position at that.

I know 8-8 isn't likely, but I'm pulling for Fewell to make it happen.

ZacGriffi~82
11-29-2009, 05:56 PM
if he beats the patriots we can start talking about this. that's when i'll be impressed.

Bravo82
11-29-2009, 06:11 PM
I like what I've seen so far. BUT he needs to keep this up for the remainder of the season. If he can do that, I say give him the job IMHO. If he can get us to 8-8 I say he comes back as the head coach next year for sure.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-29-2009, 06:39 PM
I think it's too early, the jury should still be out on Fewell for everyone. Saying Fewell should be the next coach now, is telling me you're the type of person that buys the first car you see.

imbondz
11-29-2009, 08:25 PM
the only way i'd be sold on keeping fewell is if we win the rest of our games by 20 points or more.

jonah7777
11-29-2009, 08:25 PM
I would take Fox as Coach if the big names don't wanna come here Fox would be a great coach for US

psubills62
11-29-2009, 08:30 PM

If Fewell wins out then MAYBE consider it.

I think Jauron's premature extension last year is evidence of what happens when you ignore years of previous horrible play just to look at a few games.

I'm of the opinion that we do need a full house-cleaning. Maybe Fewell would be a decent head coach, but we need a change of scenery among the coaches.

Novacane
11-29-2009, 08:39 PM

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself to form this opinion so soon.

There is no Maybe about it. You ARE getting ahead of yourself.