• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G Wolly
    • Mar 2004

I know it's only his second game

Fewell should be our coach next year.

It took him 2 games to win his first, and not just win but won very convincingly.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself to form this opinion so soon but why not keep him for next season?

His emotion on the sidelines is refreshing to see again. He gets the guys riled up like Dick couldn't. Why spend more money on a coach who has to come into the organization and learn everything/switch everything, setting us back yet again.

He knows the team, and for some reason so far he's gotten them to produce.

Conclusion: Keep Fewell for HC next season, focus on getting the right guys to score points.

• PromoTheRobot
    • Sep 2003

Re: I know it's only his second game

If Fewell wins 5, including beating the Pats*, make him head coach and hire Fassel as OC and Haslett as DC and hre Randy Mueller as GM.

PTR

Originally posted by G Wolly
    Fewell should be our coach next year.

It took him 2 games to win his first, and not just win but won very convincingly.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself to form this opinion so soon but why not keep him for next season?

His emotion on the sidelines is refreshing to see again. He gets the guys riled up like Dick couldn't. Why spend more money on a coach who has to come into the organization and learn everything/switch everything, setting us back yet again.

He knows the team, and for some reason so far he's gotten them to produce.

Conclusion: Keep Fewell for HC next season, focus on getting the right guys to score points.
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• imbondz
      Democrats are people too
      • Jan 2003

No.
      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Oh my God...STOP!!!! People who are already stating this guy should be HC are completely clueless!!! If this was the end of the year and he ran off 5 wins, then maybe I could buy into him staying, but let's not forget how bad the 49ers are this year...AFTER...Singletary brought energy to the fans. Is that what we are really shooting for now??? As it stands right now, Fewell = More mediocrity. Fans in Buffalo are so desperate for a win, that they are completely losing their minds.

Comment

Because we need to switch to have any chance of sustainable success.

A complete house clearing. Now if Perry is cool with that, and is prepared to jump onboard then excellent but if not then we need to bring a new team in.

For some reasons the Dolphins stopped running, but Williams still had over a 100yds again. The Tampa2 has been an awful failure for us - on occasion we might have been statistically good but under Williams, Mularky, Jauron and now Fewell it has been reliant on the opponents having a fit of madness.
          Considering how many times we've given up points in the 4th, one swallow does not make a summer.

If the Dolphins had kept hammering us on the ground we'd have lost.

Unless a coach is prepared to adopt a new system then we need to reconsider who leads this team.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
            • Feb 2005

you guys gotta understand that we are comparing him to the most awful coach in the history of earth.
            When you compare a coma compare to DEATH, the coma looks pretty good.
            even punky brewster would look good in compaison.

So I like seeing the fresh look of perry on the sidelines COMPARED TO DEATH... but I'm not ready to hand him the keys.
            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
              We play to win the game!
              • Oct 2009

WTF is wrong with you people. Since it took him only 2 games to get a win he deserves to be HC? So had he won last week in 1st game it was an automatic in your eyes i bet LOL.

People are so used to losing, it's sad. Get the best possible candidate, a higher promising guy with a less likely Bust Factor. Not another guy whose unproven or would get an opportunity in any other team. They better get a guy like Shanahan, Gruden, Fox, Grimm, Frazier, Holmgren, Garrett. Damnit. I don't care if it is a OC, DC but make sure it is a guy full of promise and accomplishment, and very reputable. We can't make mistakes keeping guys WE WANTED TO FIRE AS A DC cause he is emotional. Half this team will be cut!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                WTF is wrong with you people. Since it took him only 2 games to get a win he deserves to be HC? So had he won last week in 1st game it was an automatic in your eyes i bet LOL.

People are so used to losing, it's sad. Get the best possible candidate, a higher promising guy with a less likely Bust Factor. Not another guy whose unproven or would get an opportunity in any other team. They better get a guy like Shanahan, Gruden, Fox, Grimm, Frazier, Holmgren, Garrett. Damnit. I don't care if it is a OC, DC but make sure it is a guy full of promise and accomplishment, and very reputable. We can't make mistakes keeping guys WE WANTED TO FIRE AS A DC cause he is emotional. Half this team will be cut!
                Excellent post!

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                  We play to win the game!
                  • Oct 2009

i hope the Jets blow us out 35-0 next week. And Fitz throws 3 INTs. I held myself from saying 5 INTs cause I bet there'd be guys posting, it wasn't Fool's fault. Fitz cost us game. He showed anger, he yelled! I WANT A NEW QB and COACH!!!!!!!!! BROHM and ONE OF THE ROOKIES in RD 1 or 2.

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

Fewell may be an upgrade over Jauron but I also think the players are playing better since they realized camp Dick is over and actually have to work to have a job next year.
                    Fewell is not the long term answer.

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

ONE WIN AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS!? has Bills football really been this bad? Is this what we've come to? Come now people! Two games is not enough to stake the future of an nfl franchise on! What the hell!?
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

If he keeps this team playing hard and we start winning some football games, shoot, if we finish 8-8, he deserves to be head coach next year. Bring in Mike Martz as OC, hire a good GM to come in here and scout out talent. Why not?

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

I checked in here just to see NH's reaction
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                            • Oct 2002

I want to see more then one win against a .500 team before saying he should atleast get a shot.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
                              If he keeps this team playing hard and we start winning some football games, shoot, if we finish 8-8, he deserves to be head coach next year. Bring in Mike Martz as OC, hire a good GM to come in here and scout out talent. Why not?
                              No, keep Martz far away from Buffalo. We need to develop a running mentality in this cold, windy area and Martz will have us throwing 99% of the time. If we had a great QB, maybe that'd be ok, but Fitz is inaccurate and avg and likely not the future franchise qb that we really need. And I'm not sure if we can get a franchise qb in this year's draft. Everyone likes Tebow...but I just don't know...

Comment

Working...
                              X