PDA

View Full Version : 58

PECKERWOOD
11-29-2009, 05:56 PM
He didn't get too many snaps, but I noticed he got pretty good pressure on Henne a couple times. He clearly beat Jake Long on one play, but Henne got rid of the ball quickly for an incompletion. He also hustled on special teams, not a bad game for Maybin, he's earned more playing time in next week's game, imo.

HHURRICANE
11-29-2009, 06:14 PM
He didn't get too many snaps, but I noticed he got pretty good pressure on Henne a couple times. He clearly beat Jake Long on one play, but Henne got rid of the ball quickly for an incompletion. He also hustled on special teams, not a bad game for Maybin, he's earned more playing time in next week's game, imo.

Just commented about this in another thread. He looked quick out there but he's still way too small for an NFL DE.

He either needs to bulk up major league during the off-season or get converted to LB.

SpillerThrills
11-29-2009, 06:33 PM
or get converted to LB.

I like this option better.

Night Train
11-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Could he be an OLB in a 3-4 ? That's probably our next D.

Could he cover anyone or is he strictly a pass rusher tweener ?

PECKERWOOD
11-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Could he be an OLB in a 3-4 ? That's probably our next D.

Could he cover anyone or is he strictly a pass rusher tweener ?

He would make a good OLB in the 3-4, oddly enough, I think Posluszny is best suited as an ILB in the 3-4 as well. Really, we're just missing a NT and a 3-4 DE to run it.

Demon
11-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Great tackle on that stop on Ricky Williams. It seemed like Williams made the corner and was going to get some decent yardage but Maybin came up with a big play. And i agree, he put up some pressure on Henne that i saw from the 300s. Liked what i saw but wished i saw more.

Historian
11-30-2009, 07:44 AM
Gotta give him credit for his hustle.

If I could ask PF one question, it would be why Jauron has kept AM under wraps all season long?

Jan Reimers
11-30-2009, 07:53 AM
Gotta give him credit for his hustle.

If I could ask PF one question, it would be why Jauron has kept AM under wraps all season long?
Because he was the most gutless, play-not-to-lose, afraid-to-try-anything-new HC in the league? Heaven forbid he make some rookie mistakes. Better to stay with tried and true mediocrity.

yordad
11-30-2009, 07:59 AM
He had a tackle for loss too.

ddaryl
11-30-2009, 08:13 AM
defintiely Maybins best game of the year.

I agree he is too small for DE at his present size and I also feel he be much better as a 3-4 OLB

Billz_fan
11-30-2009, 08:18 AM
I still think it's nuts that we pick a defensive player at 12 and he sits on the bench. Sad.

Historian
11-30-2009, 09:58 AM
By the 10th week of his rookie season, a first rounder should be making some small contributions at least.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Because he was the most gutless, play-not-to-lose, afraid-to-try-anything-new HC in the league? Heaven forbid he make some rookie mistakes. Better to stay with tried and true mediocrity.

could also be that Kelsay although is nothing great, stepped up his game?