PDA

View Full Version : Take the emotion out of today's win...

HHURRICANE
11-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Take the emotion out of today's win and look at what did happen today:

1) Fewell actually coached for a win. He did not try the old Jauron style of not playing to lose.

2) Loved the last TD where we could have easily just ran the clock out. I think Fewell was sending a message to Miami, other teams in the league, and his players.

3) Nelson looks like he can play TE. Shouman or Fine is gone next year.

4) I still beleive that Edwards is the better player but Fitzgerald is willing to throw the ball into traffic and you have to give him credit for that.

5) Based on #4 there is no reason that Edwards can't be taught to take more risks. Edwards has better mechanics, more accuracy, and is a bigger player. You are telling me that this guy can't be coached up??

6) Owens played well. Sadly the Bills have a hard time knowing what to do when a talented player is on the roster.

7) Maybin alert. Actually saw him and he looked fast. Still way too small for the NFL so let's hope he either puts the weight on over the off-season or is made into a LB.

HHURRICANE
11-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Let me be clear, Fewell is not the answer. However, he gets kudos for the win.

I want a coach that knows how to evaluate talent and that's still a Cowher, Shanahan, Parcells, Billick, or Shottenheimer.

Dr. Pepper
11-29-2009, 06:19 PM
a positive post, i like it.

shelby
11-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Leave the emotion in. i forgot how good it feels when the Bills win.

BillsWin
11-29-2009, 06:21 PM
You're still crushing on Edwards I see... How much more incompetent must he be before you realize he cannot and will not be our franchise QB? Besides that, good post....

B-DON
11-29-2009, 06:21 PM
there is no doubt in my mind edwards is the more talented qb, but i wouldnt go as far as saying he is better. better players get the most out of their talent unlike edwards

B-DON
11-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Let me be clear, Fewell is not the answer. However, he gets kudos for the win.

I want a coach that knows how to evaluate talent and that's still a Cowher, Shanahan, Parcells, Billick, or Shottenheimer.

how about shannahan as gm and fewell as coach? only if fewell keeps it up that is

BillsWin
11-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Its not just you HH, its everyone that still likes Edwards. If you actually watch the tape you can see how far he has regressed in both mechanics and confidence...

Nighthawk
11-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Can we please stop with the Fewell for HC talk...Please!!!!

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Can we please stop with the Fewell for HC talk...Please!!!!

Agree, the jury should still be out on him.

Syderick
11-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Shouman will stay, he was doing well before he got hurt.

HHURRICANE
11-29-2009, 06:51 PM
You're still crushing on Edwards I see... How much more incompetent must he be before you realize he cannot and will not be our franchise QB? Besides that, good post....

I think the Trent as the franchise QB train left the station.

Edwards is defiantely the more "talented" player but I do agree that doesn't necessarily contribute to "better".

My only point is that throwing into traffic or looking deep can be taught so I'm not sure why that hasn't happened for the more talented player on our team.

My fear is that we have Drew Brees on our roster and when we shove him off to another team he's going to light it up somewhere with the right coach.

Finding a good QB is hard enough. I'd hate to find out that he might still be on the roster and than we trade him and draft Sanchez.

HHURRICANE
11-29-2009, 06:53 PM
I think the Trent as the franchise QB train left the station.

Edwards is defiantely the more "talented" player but I do agree that doesn't necessarily contribute to "better".

My only point is that throwing into traffic or looking deep can be taught so I'm not sure why that hasn't happened for the more talented player on our team.

My fear is that we have Drew Brees on our roster and when we shove him off to another team he's going to light it up somewhere with the right coach.

Finding a good QB is hard enough. I'd hate to find out that he might still be on the roster and than we trade him and draft Sanchez.

Maybe another way to put it is that i don't trust our FO to make a decision on QB. I'd like a Shanahan or Cowher to be the one cutting Edwards, not the fans or Alex Van Pelt.

Dr. Pepper
11-29-2009, 06:58 PM
id be fine with edwards staying on as a backup next season. riding the pine doesnt seem to bother him either.

HHURRICANE
11-29-2009, 06:59 PM
id be fine with edwards staying on as a backup next season. riding the pine doesnt seem to bother him either.

Maybe that's his problem.

mybills
11-29-2009, 07:02 PM
4) I still beleive that Edwards is the better player but Fitzgerald is willing to throw the ball into traffic and you have to give him credit for that.

5) Based on #4 there is no reason that Edwards can't be taught to take more risks. Edwards has better mechanics, more accuracy, and is a bigger player. You are telling me that this guy can't be coached up??

6) Owens played well. Sadly the Bills have a hard time knowing what to do when a talented player is on the roster.

LMAO

4) It's "believe", and,
5) Trent is a loser..get over him. There is no learning 'talent'. Either he has it or he doesn't. HE DOESN'T.
6) Owens played well because Trent wasn't playing. Apparently, they DO know what to do, give him a QB that throws the ball & trusts him. Again, get over Trent.

Dr. Pepper
11-29-2009, 07:05 PM
LMAO

4) It's "believe", and,
5) Trent is a loser..get over him. There is no learning 'talent'. Either he has it or he doesn't. HE DOESN'T.
6) Owens played well because Trent wasn't playing. Apparently, they DO know what to do, give him a QB that throws the ball & trusts him. Again, get over Trent.

trent has the talent IMO, he just doesnt have the swagger or attitude.

mybills
11-29-2009, 07:14 PM
There's SOMETHING missing, that's for sure.

HHURRICANE
11-29-2009, 07:37 PM
LMAO

4) It's "believe", and,

Just because your still hugging JPs nut sack doesn't mean that I'm not objective.

Fitzpatrick is doing things that Edwards isn't and that's the bottom line. Nobody seems to be arguing with who has more talent. But at the end of the day it's about winning.

The funny thing is that JP didn't posess talent or ability.

mybills
11-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Just because your still hugging JPs nut sack doesn't mean that I'm not objective.

Fitzpatrick is doing things that Edwards isn't and that's the bottom line. Nobody seems to be arguing with who has more talent. But at the end of the day it's about winning.

The funny thing is that JP didn't posess talent or ability.
Who the **** said anything about JP? :chuckle:

mybills
11-29-2009, 07:43 PM
will the real true licker please stand up, please stand up, please stand up...

Saratoga Slim
11-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Maybe another way to put it is that i don't trust our FO to make a decision on QB. I'd like a Shanahan or Cowher to be the one cutting Edwards, not the fans or Alex Van Pelt.

Now THAT I can agree with. This was a good series of posts by you.

Mike
11-30-2009, 02:39 AM
HH,
I use to believe that Edwards could be great, a poor man' Tom Brady and I can still see many of those qualities in him that lead me to feel that way. However, Edwards has one very huge issue that will always hold him back from being Drew Brees like: he is very injury prone.

I do not see him being able to have a very long career, I do not even know if he can finish a season without any sort of injury. Not to confuse the things, but Edwards will never get to a very high level and stay there for long. He may have a break out year or two elsewhere, but he is not a Long Term Answer, he is not a franchise QB. Think of him as a Rich Gannon, a few good years and he was done oppose to a Brett Favre, a few great decades.

Mike
11-30-2009, 02:47 AM
HH,
He is also missing a very key component to every successful QB, that being: Short term Memory. The great Qb are able to forget a mistake; however, Edward's mistakes seem to greatly influence him. When his confidence gets shaken, its over. Now, can he learn that? Well, that remains to be seen

yordad
11-30-2009, 09:03 AM

The funny thing is that JP didn't posess talent or ability.You are the one still clinging to nutts HH.

Dr. Pepper
11-30-2009, 09:07 AM
HH,
I use to believe that Edwards could be great, a poor man' Tom Brady and I can still see many of those qualities in him that lead me to feel that way. However, Edwards has one very huge issue that will always hold him back from being Drew Brees like: he plays scared.

fixed.

Mahdi
11-30-2009, 09:25 AM
Take the emotion out of today's win and look at what did happen today:

1) Fewell actually coached for a win. He did not try the old Jauron style of not playing to lose.

2) Loved the last TD where we could have easily just ran the clock out. I think Fewell was sending a message to Miami, other teams in the league, and his players.

3) Nelson looks like he can play TE. Shouman or Fine is gone next year.

7) Maybin alert. Actually saw him and he looked fast. Still way too small for the NFL so let's hope he either puts the weight on over the off-season or is made into a LB.
Edwards does not have better mechanics and more accuracy than Fitz. But ppl can keep believing that if they wish.

Edwards loses accuracy with the tough throws and he proved it with his last two throws that got him benched. He tried the deep outs and he missed them badly because he has HORRIBLE mechanics.

But yeah, he has great accuracy when he throws it 5-7 yards in front of him to the RB.