PDA

View Full Version : Random notes from the game

Dr. Lecter
11-29-2009, 06:54 PM
For the first time in quite awhile, it was fun to leave the stadium. This was most enjoyable win a few seasons. Nice to see the Dolphins pull a Bills and choke in the 4th quarter.

1. ST coverage was outstanding. They kept Ginn bottled up all day. Do not overlook how important this was to the victory. Corto was especially impressive.

2. I admit, when I saw Fitz drop back to pass with just over 2 minutes left, I had flashbacks to JP against the Broncos at the opener two years ago. I was wrong. And TO had a little burst to beat the CB. Perfect pass and route. The coverage was good too.

3. The Bills used Meredith as a 3rd TE and he had a huge block on Freddie's 1st TD.

4. In general the O-line was up and down. Some plays they were destroyed and some they were very good. Overall 400 yards of offense is nothing to complain about.

5. Fitz is such a better leader than Trent. There is no comparison. He also clearly has 100X the courage and aggression that Trent does. Trent might be the better thrower and have more pure talent, but Fitz is much, much better QB. His TD run and his run for the 1st down on 4th and 1 are prime examples. He could have thrown the 4th down play to Stupar, but saw he would gain more himself and did so.

6. Lindell's kick was huge. And I love the courage to have him try the kick.

7. Fewell has much better control of the game and is a better leader than Jauron. The players respond and they make adjustments as needed.

8. Nelson has ability. If develops, this last draft could be a very good one. He, Byrd, Levitre and Wood could all be serious contributors.

9. A Maybin sighting!!!! It was only one play, but baby steps! He also played quite a bit today.

10. I was wrong twice today. After the Lindell kick, I expected Miami to score a TD with about 30 second left. Twice in one day. DraftBoy will be ashamed of me.

11. George Wilson has turned into a solid safety. Not great, but solid.

12. Drayton Florence was very good today.

13. 115 yards for Williams. 47 in the first quarter. They did something and were pretty solid against the run after that.

14. Thank you Dolphins for letting Ricky the ball. Merry Christmas to you too!

15. Nic Harris went to the locker room. I am not sure he came back.

16. The team seems closer now and has more comradrie.

17. Wins are always nice, but wins over Miami are sweeter!!!

Woot!!!

:squish:

:fishfry:

Dr. Lecter
11-29-2009, 06:58 PM
PS: It is nice to see LT, static and Mike be classy after this win.

Thanks guys! You are three of my favorite Dolphins fans!

HHURRICANE
11-29-2009, 06:58 PM
5. Fitz is such a better leader than Trent. There is no comparison. He also clearly has 100X the courage and aggression that Trent does. Trent might be the better thrower and have more pure talent, but Fitz is much, much better QB. His TD run and his run for the 1st down on 4th and 1 are prime examples. He could have thrown the 4th down play to Stupar, but saw he would gain more himself and did so.

6. Lindell's kick was huge. And I love the courage to have him try the kick.

Could't agree more with that statement on the QBs!!

Totally forgot to give Fewell credit for showing faith in your kicker and let him kick the longest FG of his career. Jauron would have punted!!

Novacane
11-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Could't agree more with that statement on the QBs!!

Totally forgot to give Fewell credit for showing faith in your kicker and let him kick the longest FG of his career. Jauron would have punted!!

Dick also NEVER would have allowed the long throw to TO for the TD. It would have been 3 runs into the line and punt. Nice to see a coach go for the win.

YardRat
11-29-2009, 07:24 PM
1. I didn't get a chance to post 'April's Fools' once today...not even a penalty.

2. TO has deceptive deep speed...looks like he's slogging through mud, but he knows how to get past the defender, hold his position, then turn it on.

3. Freddie's TD was nicely executed all-around. Both of them, actually.

4. Considering the shape of our o-line it's to be expected...and NO injuries for them this week!

5. Unfortunately, Trent has regressed and lost it. Whatever JP had, he left it here with Edwards.

6. Big call, at a big time. Plays like that, even though it was just a FG, are big confidence builders for the entire team.

7. Fewell appears to have a better feel for the game, but that still remains to be seen over a longer stretch of games. Love the halftime adjustments factor.

8. Said it in the game thread...Nelson is starting to remind me of McKellar. If the four you mentioned end up being significant contributors I'll be very pleased.

9. Maybin needs to move to LB or pay Bruce Smith to be his personal trainer.

10. Twice is still much better than you average.

11. Wilson is nice depth, but we need a superstar at safety.

12. Florence should be considered for POTG...solid coverage all day against some real speed.

13. Williams is a douchebag. The Phins miss R.Brown, and they should.

14. It appears to me Spagnola is the type that likes to try to feed a team it's own medicine. William's pass (see Freddie Jackson), going deep from your own end zone (see TO).

15. Hope Harris is OK...Our LB corps isn't in much better shape than our o-line.

16. Winning, or being in a position to win, will do that for a team.

17. Squish the Fish !!!

Dr. Lecter
11-29-2009, 07:33 PM
10. Twice is still much better than you average.

11. Wilson is nice depth, but we need a superstar at safety.

You only wish you had my awesomeness.

Isn't that the role that Byrd will wake with more experience?

Nighthawk
11-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Dick also NEVER would have allowed the long throw to TO for the TD. It would have been 3 runs into the line and punt. Nice to see a coach go for the win.

He didn't call that play...it was an audible.

YardRat
11-29-2009, 07:41 PM
You only wish you had my awesomeness.

Isn't that the role that Byrd will wake with more experience?

I'd have to get rid of some of mine to get down to your level.

As far as Byrd...I'm hoping. He already makes one helluva center-fielder, but he still needs to improve on run support, reading/picking up intermediate routes, QBing the secondary, etc.

Novacane
11-29-2009, 07:42 PM

Ok, Dick would have said run 3 times and no audibles allowed. To risky ;)

Dr. Lecter
11-29-2009, 08:12 PM

While it was an audible, don't think for a second that the two gutsiest audibles we have seen from this team in years come to fruition after Fewell is HC and Jauron is gone.

This team plays very differently under Fewell than they did under Jauron.

mysticsoto
11-29-2009, 08:22 PM
While it was an audible, don't think for a second that the two gutsiest audibles we have seen from this team in years come to fruition after Fewell is HC and Jauron is gone.

This team plays very differently under Fewell than they did under Jauron.

I would be willing to bet that Fitz has been told to make this call if this situation comes up. Under Jauron, if Fitz even tried to audibile a bomb, Jauron probably would have taken a timeout to prevent it...

TigerJ
11-29-2009, 08:31 PM
I pretty much agree with all the observations that have been made. The one thing I wonder about is why Trent regressed. It seems to be Chris Browns theory that because Trent idolized Jauron, he adopted Jauron's hyper-conservative philosophy hook line and sinker. He became a timid QB because he began to think the way Jauron thought. Don't make a mistake. Take what the defense gives you in every situation. Don't ever take a chance. If that's true, Jauron may be able to take credit for ruining a young man's career.