PDA

View Full Version : Fewell is making Jauron look even worse as a coach

billsburgh
11-29-2009, 07:23 PM
this team is playing 100 times better under Fewell than the corpse. makes you wonder why they ever kept the corpse around as long as they did.

mybills
11-29-2009, 07:31 PM
..er, because Ralph thought he was a nice, respectable guy? That doesn't mean squat when it comes to winning, and I think the old geezer is just realizing it. :ill:

BillsWin
11-29-2009, 07:34 PM
The scab on my skinned knee can coach better than Jauron.

YardRat
11-29-2009, 07:37 PM
Jauron was looking pretty good to most fans after last season's start...let Perry 'play out the string' this season so he actually has a body of work to analyze.

Novacane
11-29-2009, 07:49 PM
If Perry goes 4-1 the rest of the way including a win over BB and Brady I will say he's accomplished something worthy of at least being considered. Being better than Dick Jauron is nothing to get excited about.

Nighthawk
11-29-2009, 07:51 PM
this team is playing 100 times better under Fewell than the corpse. makes you wonder why they ever kept the corpse around as long as they did.

And this is the reason that NOBODY should be getting excited about Fewell and saying he should be the new HC. My cat could coach better then Jauron...that's not saying much!

jonah7777
11-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Yea the fact that Fewll was picked By Jauron means he has much to prove and In no way should he be a shoe in for the Job for that matter neither should haslett NO UFL flunkies here ever!!!!!!!!!!!

ParanoidAndroid
11-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Does a Jauron-led team call that pass play right after the turnover? Hell no! An aggressive offense helped seal that game. The defense was not overworked by the end of the 3rd quarter and was able to stop the run later in the game.

justasportsfan
11-29-2009, 08:52 PM
let this be a lesson to TDummy and FTY and whoever said Dick built a winning culture. Coaches can make a huge difference.

YardRat
11-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Does a Jauron-led team call that pass play right after the turnover? Hell no! An aggressive offense helped seal that game. The defense was not overworked by the end of the 3rd quarter and was able to stop the run later in the game.

The TOP was pretty lopsided at one point in third quarter, in favor of the Dolphins.

I think a bigger factor was only two 3nOuts in the first three quarters and the 13 play, 7+min drive at the end of the third.

bflojohn
11-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Don't look now, but Perry Fewell has as many victories over divisional opponents (1) as Coach Jauron had in the last 9 tries. The Bills lost all the divisional games last year and had been 1-2, I believe, this year under Dick. If you want to impress the owner, Perry, keep notching divisional wins. To me, that's his ticket punched at seasons end IF he can produce against the Jets and Patriots in the coming weeks. At worst, he'll have a legitimate claim.

Oldbillsfan
11-30-2009, 12:53 AM
They have to beat good teams to impress me or its the same old bills

Mr. Pink
11-30-2009, 05:30 AM
let this be a lesson to TDummy and FTY and whoever said Dick built a winning culture. Coaches can make a huge difference.

:rofl:

We lost a game last week where we looked exactly the same as we did the previous 4. We won a game this week, we won a few with Dick here too.

We have piled on points against the opposition when Dick was here too, last year against KC.

I've seen nothing different so far.

elltrain22
11-30-2009, 06:05 AM
It's pretty safe to say that if Trickie Dick was still here, we probably woulda lost that game yesterday. No way the Dick woulda kicked that FG, Miami woulda got the ball and who knows.

yordad
11-30-2009, 07:00 AM

I've seen nothing different so far.That is a shocker.

mybills
11-30-2009, 07:06 AM
They have to beat good teams to impress me or its the same old bills
They certainly do. Although, squishing the fish always impresses me. :up:

TacklingDummy
11-30-2009, 07:15 AM

You must think Jim Caldwell of the Colts is the greatest coach ever. It's amazing how good a coach looks when he has talented players on the roster.

mysticsoto
11-30-2009, 07:18 AM

We lost a game last week where we looked exactly the same as we did the previous 4. We won a game this week, we won a few with Dick here too.

We have piled on points against the opposition when Dick was here too, last year against KC.

You mean the week where Fewell only had a few days to prepare as a HC ??? You're going to put that on him??? What did you want him to do in just a few days? Change the entire scheme of what they run? Even with just a few days, I felt the Bills played harder for him than they had in the previous few weeks...

ghz in pittsburgh
11-30-2009, 07:21 AM
Does a Jauron-led team call that pass play right after the turnover? Hell no! An aggressive offense helped seal that game.

Yes. During the 4 game winning streak last year.

ddaryl
11-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Perry has a very long hard road ahead to convince me, and he'll have to be pretty much flawless the rest of this seaosn just for me to accept that he gets an interview.

Any team can be motivated after a shakeup, and right now I beleive Fewell is only riding that shakeup. I need to see consistency every week... and even then I'm not going to be happy unless we have new talent evaluators in place

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 09:08 AM

haha! Typical of you to ty and use other games when the results vs. the same team that wiped our arses in the first game show the opposite result. The FACTS are staring you at the face. The players themselves have spoken openly thats there's a difference in coaching. We beat the fins with lesser talent on our side of the ball comapared to the first game.

Go argue with the players and the FACTS.

Dick MIA 38 - bills 10
Fewell 31 - 17

You got PWNed by the facts!!!

Philagape
11-30-2009, 09:14 AM

And an entertaining 38-17 pasting of the Fins at home two years ago, which included the Bills piling on in the 4th quarter with a touchdown bomb.
Dick Jauron did that.
Deja vu.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 09:19 AM
You must think Jim Caldwell of the Colts is the greatest coach ever. It's amazing how good a coach looks when he has talented players on the roster.

Let me revert back to the bills of the 90's that you always seem to side step.. You must probably think that the giants and Redskins had an all probowl team when they beat the bills talent of Kelly, Bruce, Thurman, Bennett, Tally, reed , Lofton, HUll, etc.etc.

Just like FTY, you have to go to a different team (colts) when the you used to use the logic of same team same players during the Trentvs. JP debate. Well? Same team same players Dick - Fewell vs. MIami. Oh wait my bad. Not the same players. We had less talent last sunday compared to the talent we had in the first game.

Here you go Mr. Timeofpossession is everything

1st game

Fins 37:09 Bills 22:51
Fins 31:46 Bills 28:14

Keep insisting that Jauron was not the problem even though the players and facts have spoken vs. the same team , same players. lol.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2009, 10:04 AM
haha! Typical of you to ty and use other games when the results vs. the same team that wiped our arses in the first game show the opposite result. The FACTS are staring you at the face. The players themselves have spoken openly thats there's a difference in coaching. We beat the fins with lesser talent on our side of the ball comapared to the first game.

Go argue with the players and the FACTS.

Dick MIA 38 - bills 10
Fewell 31 - 17

You got PWNed by the facts!!!

You just choose to use limited facts to try and prove a point.

Look at the big picture.

Dick has won games big by piling on late same as what we saw yesterday.

Dick has lost games due to stupid mistakes, poor clock management and falling apart in the 4th quarter just like we saw last week.

Dick was basically a .500 coach here, what is Fewell now? .500

The problem is what is on the field, not on the sidelines.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 10:06 AM
You just choose to use limited facts to try and prove a point.

Look at the big picture.

Dick has won games big by piling on late same as what we saw yesterday.

Dick has lost games due to stupid mistakes, poor clock management and falling apart in the 4th quarter just like we saw last week.

Dick was basically a .500 coach here, what is Fewell now? .500

The problem is what is on the field, not on the sidelines.

screw the big picture. It's nothing more than a spin on your part. I'm not saying Fweel is the answer. Just pointing out the huge difference a coach can make with same team SAME OPPONENT. and it's evident in Dick vs. Fewell.

I want the FACTS and what the players themselves say.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2009, 10:08 AM
screw the big picture. It's nothing more than a spin on your part.

I want the FACTS and what the players themselves say.

The players say themselves?

The players said they loved Dick Jauron.

They're gonna say the same thing about Fewell.

Why?

Being politically correct to keep your job and not be fined.

The results on the field that we've seen so far are no different than what we saw in the previous 4 years.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 10:11 AM
The players say themselves?

The players said they loved Dick Jauron.

They're gonna say the same thing about Fewell.

Why?

Being politically correct to keep your job and not be fined.

The results on the field that we've seen so far are no different than what we saw in the previous 4 years.

NO. THe players loved Dick because how he treated them. Not because of what he brought to the table.

The players admitted the Fewell brought passion, aggessiveness to the team.

Their answers were directly made to the question in difference between Dick and Fewell. The score (FACTS) showed it . You can argue with the facts til' you are blue in th face.

Go back to 4 years all you want since SAME TEAM SAME OPPONENT owns you!

Mr. Pink
11-30-2009, 10:17 AM
NO. THe players loved Dick because how he treated them. Not because of what he brought to the table.

The players admitted the Fewell brought passion, aggessiveness to the team.

Their answers were directly made to the question in difference between Dick and Fewell. The score (FACTS) showed it . You can argue with the facts til' you are blue in th face.

The score?

Alright, we'll do Fewell vs Jauron the last two times we played the Jags

18-15 Jags over Bills with Fewell 2 sundays ago

20-16 Bills over the Jags with Jauron last year

I honestly don't see what you're trying to prove with your posts.

None of what we've seen these past two weeks looks any different than the previous 4 years.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 10:19 AM
The score?

Alright, we'll do Fewell vs Jauron the last two times we played the Jags

18-15 Jags over Bills with Fewell 2 sundays ago

20-16 Bills over the Jags with Jauron last year

I honestly don't see what you're trying to prove with your posts.

None of what we've seen these past two weeks looks any different than the previous 4 years.

last year? ROFL! How bout same season? The Jags and bills are not the same team as last year. Same season, same opponent same players is more accurate.

i'm not trying to prove anything with my posts . The FACTS prove that coaches make a bigger impact than you and TD make it out to be.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2009, 10:21 AM
last year? ROFL! How bout same season? It's more accurate?

What i'm trying to prove with my posts is that coaches make a bigger impact than you and TD make it out to be.

Alright, so what will your tune be when we go play New England week 15 and they beat us by 20?

Hypothetically speaking of course.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Alright, so what will your tune be when we go play New England week 15 and they beat us by 20?

Hypothetically speaking of course. Don't know. We'll see how they play. I don't think Fewell is any match for BB anyways but as long as we go down swinging , I still say this team has a better attitude with Perry than Dick.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Don't know. We'll see how they play. I don't think Fewell is any match for BB anyways but as long as we go down swinging , I still say this team has a better attitude with Perry than Dick.

How about if we hypothetically lose next week?

Dick lead us to a win versus the Jets earlier in the year!

TigerJ
11-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Jauron's major fault is his hyperconservative philosophy He played not to lose virtually from the opening kickoff (which he always had Lindell do even if he won the toss). I'm not going to penalize Fewell because he was on Jauron's staff. I don't think it necessarily follows that all his staff people are going to be hyperconservative. The bottom line is that I think Fewell should get the same opportunity to try for the head coach position as anyone else. Look at his credentials. Look at what he does in the remaining games this season. Assess his interview and decide accordingly. Don't start out by assigning demerit points because Jauron had him on his staff.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 10:33 AM
How about if we hypothetically lose next week?

Dick lead us to a win versus the Jets earlier in the year!

I'll use the same excuse you used with Henne. Sanchez gave us the game :snicker:

Mr. Pink
11-30-2009, 10:40 AM
I'll use the same excuse you used with Henne. Sanchez gave us the game :snicker:

He did.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 10:42 AM
He did.

Henne didn't

DraftBoy
11-30-2009, 10:46 AM
I haven't seen a Bills team play like they did the past two weeks (emotionally speaking) since Levy. To me that says a lot about Fewell's motivational abilities, he also has made big time adjustments in the game. He has made mistakes no doubt, but so far he has been very impressive.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 10:50 AM
I haven't seen a Bills team play like they did the past two weeks (emotionally speaking) since Levy. To me that says a lot about Fewell's motivational abilities, he also has made big time adjustments in the game. He has made mistakes no doubt, but so far he has been very impressive.
Especially if you consider the players Perry has left to work with.

I heard he makes them work harder than Dick did in practice. Not sure if that has anything to do with injury but we had 1 from last sunday and nothing serious.I forget who.

ParanoidAndroid
12-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Yes. During the 4 game winning streak last year.

Behind and desperate, yes. With a shaky 3 point lead, no.

k-oneputt
12-01-2009, 10:05 AM
I believe Fewell wins at least two of the games they lost. That makes them 6-5 and at least in the race.

trapezeus
12-01-2009, 11:24 AM
i was excited and happy for fewell. but we should remember that he coached a very similar plan to what Jauron would have called. he got the ball at the 40 and had the team go backwards and try a long shot fieldgoal. Maybe jauron punts, maybe he doesn't. he certainly doesn't go for it. it just happens that jauron gets the miss.

Also, Jauron has been known to be ridiculously bold at odd times. it just never worked for him (ala the JP 3rd and 1 Broncos game and the JP roll out against the jets). The bomb worked for Fewell.

Let's see if he can be consistent. it was a good first win, but he needs to build on it.

justasportsfan
12-01-2009, 11:32 AM
i was excited and happy for fewell. but we should remember that he coached a very similar plan to what Jauron would have called. he got the ball at the 40 and had the team go backwards and try a long shot fieldgoal. Maybe jauron punts, maybe he doesn't. he certainly doesn't go for it. it just happens that jauron gets the miss.

Also, Jauron has been known to be ridiculously bold at odd times. it just never worked for him (ala the JP 3rd and 1 Broncos game and the JP roll out against the jets). The bomb worked for Fewell.

Let's see if he can be consistent. it was a good first win, but he needs to build on it.

Dick also made a gutsy call to punt against the Saints when we were behind. He would've punted and dared the fins to take the win.

Dick would've made a game plan to try and stop the wildcat. Fewell came up with a gameplan to attack.

Funny how you use JP's failures while Dick was here instead of using Trents even though JP is gone.

Griff
12-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Dick also made a gutsy call to punt against the Saints when we were behind. He would've punted and dared the fins to take the win.

Dick would've made a game plan to try and stop the wildcat. Fewell came up with a gameplan to attack.

Funny how you use JP's failures while Dick was here instead of using Trents even though JP is gone.

it doesn't matter what QB we mention, DJ killed them both.