PDA

View Full Version : Trent in the last 2 weeks....

homeslice5484
11-29-2009, 08:17 PM
1. His head coach was fired
2. His best friend on the team Hamden was released
3. He lost his job and after today, lost it for good.

Man that dude has had a rough 2 weeks!

I was talking to my brother after the game, there is NO way this team can bring him back as the backup next year. They need to move on and end any potential controversy next year if the new rookie or FA struggles. They cannot do what we did with JP and keep a previous starter and QB of the future here.

But then again, since he is not a bills fan as he said, its time to move on for good.

tampabay25690
11-29-2009, 08:19 PM
I dont feel that bad at all.
He's making a pretty $$

homeslice5484
11-29-2009, 08:24 PM
I dont feel bad, but damn lol

justasportsfan
11-29-2009, 08:58 PM
why can't he be back next year to compete? It's not like he's costing the team an arm and a leg? His mistake was listening to Dick.

YardRat
11-29-2009, 09:02 PM
I'd prefer to see a veteran FA and a rookie draft pick come in.

Crazygoo
11-29-2009, 09:39 PM
I don't feel bad. A W is a W

psubills62
11-29-2009, 09:51 PM
why can't he be back next year to compete? It's not like he's costing the team an arm and a leg? His mistake was listening to Dick.

He won't contribute that much to the team, and imo he's been a part of the losing mentality around the locker room. I'd really rather not see him come back. He'd probably be the #3 QB anyway. Not worth it.

Jan Reimers
11-30-2009, 07:57 AM
Sucks to be him. If he had a set of gonads, he would still be our starter.

HHURRICANE
11-30-2009, 08:01 AM
Sucks to be him. If he had a set of gonads, he would still be our starter.

I agree!!

yordad
11-30-2009, 08:05 AM
He is cheap and young. Let him compete.

mybills
11-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Let him compete? Does he even want to?

Dr. Pepper
11-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Let him compete? Does he even want to?

thats just it... he doesnt seem to care or want to. at least when JP got benched he was angry about it. trent will be a good soldier backup in the nfl for a long time, but hes never going to lead a team to the playoffs.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 09:28 AM
He won't contribute that much to the team, and imo he's been a part of the losing mentality around the locker room. I'd really rather not see him come back. He'd probably be the #3 QB anyway. Not worth it.

the dude had a potential that was abused by the head coach. Dick castrated him. Maybe the next coach can re attach them. If he can be a decent back up I'm all for it.

Griff
11-30-2009, 09:43 AM

after we JP'd him too?

Griff
11-30-2009, 09:45 AM
we'll release him, he'll get picked up by Bilicheik and turned into Brady's heir.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 09:46 AM
after we JP'd him too?

Haha! Singing a different tune now, eh?

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 09:48 AM
we'll release him, he'll get picked up by Bilicheik and turned into Brady's heir.

If NE39's comment about Josh McDaniels liking Trent is true , then it's most likely the broncos will pick him up .

trapezeus
11-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Trent's issue is that Evans never liked him and owens turned on him pretty quick. Even if he was playing ok, like he was in the titans game, he didn't really seem to jive with our team. and our team looked lethargic with him at the helm.

Fitz is not the answer, but he's doing better right now and it doesn't look like edwards was going to turn the corner while he was in buffalo. to greener pastures he must go and see if he can turn it around. It could very well be the three yeras of jauron coaching him. That's a huge obstacle to overcome...the second is being injury prone.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Trent's issue is that Evans never liked him and owens turned on him pretty quick. Even if he was playing ok, like he was in the titans game, he didn't really seem to jive with our team. and our team looked lethargic with him at the helm.

Fitz is not the answer, but he's doing better right now and it doesn't look like edwards was going to turn the corner while he was in buffalo. to greener pastures he must go and see if he can turn it around. It could very well be the three yeras of jauron coaching him. That's a huge obstacle to overcome...the second is being injury prone.

Trents issues is the long ball. One of his issues were, " if the wr isn't open waving his hands, I ain't throwing it to him " .

No wr would like his qb if he didn't want to trust his players to make plays.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2009, 10:11 AM
We didn't "JP" anyone.

It's our talent evaluators obviously don't know how to scout proper talent.

It's evident all over the roster.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 10:16 AM
We didn't "JP" anyone.

It's our talent evaluators obviously don't know how to scout proper talent.

It's evident all over the roster.

so how did we beat the fins with our talentless roster? Coaching? :snicker:

Mr. Pink
11-30-2009, 10:18 AM
so how did we beat the fins with our talentless roster? Coaching? :snicker:

We won because the Dolphins forgot that running the football was working in the 4th quarter, for whatever reason.

And Henne handed us the game.

Argue all you want but there isn't much talent on the roster.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 10:23 AM
We won because the Dolphins forgot that running the football was working in the 4th quarter, for whatever reason..reason: Our no talent players closed/finished. Something we didn't do with Dick.

And Henne handed us the game.. BS. He was pressured into making mistakes. You sound like a finfan

Argue all you want but there isn't much talent on the roster.

Yet we beat a more talented team because our coaches prepared them better.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2009, 10:24 AM
reason: Our no talent players closed/finished. Something we didn't do with Dick.

BS. He was pressured into making mistakes. You sound like a finfan

Yet we beat a more talented team because our coaches prepared them better.

Yet Dick prepared our team to a 1 point loss to the Pats who are a far superior team to either us or the Dolphins.

And if not for a McKelvin bonehead play, we likely win that game.

Did we pressure Sanchez into mistakes earlier in the year too? Or was it that Dick coached the team up to win? Or was that game handed to us too?
Fewell is no better of a HC than Jauron.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Yet Dick prepared our team to a 1 point loss to the Pats who are a far superior team to either us or the Dolphins.

Did we pressure Sanchez into mistakes earlier in the year too? Or was it that Dick coached the team up to win? Or was that game handed to us too?

Dick had all offseaon to perpare for the pats. The bills were healthy. It was Brady's first game back from injury. The pats had no tape on the bills and TO.

Fewell had 1 week to prepare for the fins who had 10 days to prepare for the bills and has been a HC for 2 weeks.

Not quite fair to Fewell yet the bills definitely performed better with less talent

TigerJ
11-30-2009, 10:40 AM
I think Trent is probably gone after the season. I don't know whether or not he can unlearn the tentativeness ahd hyperconservative attitude he learned from Dick Cadaver, but I think fans would have too difficult a time accepting him as QB. I think he probably would be booed the first time and every time he steps on the field. He needs a fresh start. I think next training camp it will be Fitz, Brohm, a mid round draft pick and a second tier veteran free agent pickup competing for the starting job.

sdbillsfan2
11-30-2009, 10:40 AM
He is cheap and young. Let him compete.

Why ? Like Jan said , he lack the balls to get the job done, shows zero leadership ability, and is still a physical liability . We won't even debate the arm strength when the wind blows.
Cheap and young , yeah, worth keeping . no thanks . If he really has any value, put him on the auction block during the off season.

Griff
11-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Haha! Singing a different tune now, eh?

naw Trent is still better than Fitz, we just broke him and didn't bother trying to fix him. If my boss treated me the way we treated Trent I would be pissed too.

Griff
11-30-2009, 03:17 PM

have you not seen the difference between the weeks 1-3 Pats and the team they have now? Brady is back, and we missed our chance to end the losing streak. Maybe next year without an idiot coach, a vet QB and a healthy team we will have a fighting chance, but now we have Fitz and a bad front 7 (DTs excluded).

Mr. Pink
11-30-2009, 05:41 PM
have you not seen the difference between the weeks 1-3 Pats and the team they have now? Brady is back, and we missed our chance to end the losing streak. Maybe next year without an idiot coach, a vet QB and a healthy team we will have a fighting chance, but now we have Fitz and a bad front 7 (DTs excluded).

But we have Perry Fewell who is a great coach and huge step up from Jauron!

/sarcasm

Griff
11-30-2009, 06:56 PM
But we have Perry Fewell who is a coach and huge step up from Jauron!

FYP ;)

warsawbassman
11-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Trent is finished, once you loss the will to push the ball down the field and let your big playmakers try and make a play your no longer fit to play in the NFL. Receivers beeing "open" in the NFL is rare. You have to force the issue at times. The great ones all did. Look at the all time leaders in INT's you'll also see alot of TD's, wins, and SB rings. Dink and dunk is for losers. Even Montana, Young, and other "west coast offense" short passing game QB's tossed it into harms way when they had too.

elltrain22
11-30-2009, 07:16 PM
:monkeyp: Trent

G Wolly
11-30-2009, 07:20 PM
He should run off without telling anyone like Young did last season.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 07:48 PM
naw Trent is still better than Fitz, we just broke him and didn't bother trying to fix him. If my boss treated me the way we treated Trent I would be pissed too.
broken is not better.

thenry20
12-01-2009, 03:02 AM
That's premature thinking IMHO. But I do like what I've seen from him so far. Let's hope we finish at 8-8 or better.

Griff
12-01-2009, 10:39 AM
broken is not better.

guess what, when you repair a broken limb, it comes back stronger. While I suspect Trent will go the way of JP, I wouldn't be shocked at all if he was picked up by the Pats and turned into a thorn in our side.

yordad
12-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Why ? Like Jan said , he lack the balls to get the job done, shows zero leadership ability, and is still a physical liability . We won't even debate the arm strength when the wind blows.
Cheap and young , yeah, worth keeping . no thanks . If he really has any value, put him on the auction block during the off season.Why not? How does letting the guy compete for a roster spot hurt in any way? If someone wants to trade for him, of course we could entertain that. Although, that isn't very likely. The biggest question mark is his leadership, but how many third stringers are natural born leaders?

yordad
12-01-2009, 10:43 AM
naw Trent is still better than Fitz, we just broke him and didn't bother trying to fix him. If my boss treated me the way we treated Trent I would be pissed too.Then you and him are mentally weak.

justasportsfan
12-01-2009, 10:44 AM
guess what, when you repair a broken limb, it comes back stronger. While I suspect Trent will go the way of JP, I wouldn't be shocked at all if he was picked up by the Pats and turned into a thorn in our side.

He isn't fixed yet. He's still broken. So at present Fitz is better. Maybe down the road he'll get better. But he isn't right now.

Griff
12-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Why not? How does letting the guy compete for a roster spot hurt in any way? If someone wants to trade for him, of course we could entertain that. Although, that isn't very likely. The biggest question mark is his leadership, but how many third stringers are natural born leaders?

rofl if Trent outplayed your boy, and he's a 3rd stringer, I guess this means you're finally admitting that JP doesn't belong in the NFL.

yordad
12-01-2009, 10:46 AM
rofl if Trent outplayed your boy, and he's a 3rd stringer, I guess this means you're finally admitting that JP doesn't belong in the NFL.Sure, if you want to take the word of an unemployed failure of a coach. :up:

Only time will tell youngster.

Not to mention, it is irrelevant.

Griff
12-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Sure, if you want to take the word of an unemployed failure of a coach. :up:

Only time will tell youngster.

Not to mention, it is irrelevant.

Rofl I'm taking the word of 32 GMs.

sdbillsfan2
12-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Why not? How does letting the guy compete for a roster spot hurt in any way? If someone wants to trade for him, of course we could entertain that. Although, that isn't very likely. The biggest question mark is his leadership, but how many third stringers are natural born leaders?

How about we fill that same roster spot with someone who actually isn't flawed ? We only have x-amount of spots to fill. Why not fill them with talent , not liabilities. If he has any trade value, do it now. I seriously doubt the players have much faith in him anymore then most of us do. That's not the kind of player that's an asset to the team in my opinion. Don't forget his durability. When has he finished a complete season . He couldn't do it in college and has had his bell rung like a pinata a few times here already. He's had his shot. It wouldn't hurt this team next year if we sent him packing. Maybe he can hook up with his daddy Dick Jauron and coach Pop Warner some where.