PDA

View Full Version : Can Simonton contribute to the Bills season this year?

WG
05-31-2003, 10:25 AM
I was just reading about Ken Simonton on the official site. He's doing extremely well in the NFLE.

He's small, 5'9"/191, but is there a liklihood that he can be a factor for us this season?

He's built in that Garner mode, small and fast. So he would never be a good F/T rusher or main RB. But could he contribute as a 3rd-down back? Like Metcalf or Morris used to be? Would he help the team as such?

Thoughts?

Novacane
05-31-2003, 10:28 AM
I doubt it. Did'nt we have a back doing great in NFLE last year and he did not even make the team. I can't remember his name.

G. Host
05-31-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I doubt it. Did'nt we have a back doing great in NFLE last year and he did not even make the team. I can't remember his name.

Curtis Alexander. And he had other health problems so I think that is why he was a flash in the pan.

Ken Simonton is only 5' 7" and while I'd love for him to get a shot the Bills do not seem to treat NFL Europe as a development league like some other teams do. My impression is if it was not a requirement to do so they would not send any players but that is just my impression .

WG
05-31-2003, 10:59 AM
Interesting.

It would be cool to have a very speedy scatback however. It would add a dimension to our game.

Stewie
05-31-2003, 11:39 AM
Waste of a roster spot... we're loaded at RB this year

HenryRules
05-31-2003, 11:41 AM
No chance of him doing anything for any team this year ... RBs in the NFLE have no future or present in the NFL.

Doc
05-31-2003, 11:43 AM
Simonton's best chance would be as a 3rd down back and returnman for this year. Coming off a full NFLE season, doing anymore than that would wear him out fast. Frankly I think he could be good in those roles, depending on how much or little the NFLE season takes out of him, which depends on his conditioning level. Maybe in the future when he isn't playing the NFLE first and bulks up a little more he has a chance to be a F/T player, but I doubt that.

mypoorfriendme
05-31-2003, 12:10 PM
i think simonton could be a good back-up in the nfl after he sits out this season to recover from the nfle season and bulk up. on the bills though, we are stacked at running back and dont really need him, so i dont think hed contribute on this team unless maybe returning or covering kicks. and thats very maybe

Tatonka
05-31-2003, 12:13 PM
no

WG
05-31-2003, 12:20 PM
LOL

Valid points!

The_Philster
06-01-2003, 04:41 PM
Best thing I see him doing is practice squad unless he makes it onto the rosier in mid-season. He's going to be pretty worn out from NFL Europe and not able to make much of an impact on the regular roster.

BillsNYC
06-01-2003, 06:35 PM
i watched the first half of the scotland barcelona game. he may be good as a special teams player...or like you say, a 3rd down back. the announcers were comparing him to priest homes...

Turf
06-01-2003, 07:13 PM
NO