PDA

View Full Version : Jairus Byrd didn't start today?

Ginger Vitis
11-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Was he hurt?

methos4ever
11-29-2009, 08:55 PM
He's been playing with a groin issue, so they probably just limited his in game reps...

Ingtar33
11-29-2009, 09:10 PM
he's been splitting time back there since last week when whitner came back. in obvious running downs he's coming out

BillsWin
11-29-2009, 09:19 PM
I dont understand why Byrd and Whitner can't be on the field together all the time. Those two could make up a pretty awesome safety corps.

Ginger Vitis
11-29-2009, 09:28 PM
I dont understand why Byrd and Whitner can't be on the field together all the time. Those two could make up a pretty awesome safety corps.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing which is why I was baffled as to why he wasn't starting today.. But the previous posts in this thread clarified that for me

Dr. Lecter
11-29-2009, 09:28 PM

Byrd is hurt and is not at 100% and also his run defense is still suspect.

With Wilson playing well, there is no reason to have the kid play while injured.

mybills
11-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Wilson & Whitner did a great job..you could tell they played hard for their little brother. ; )

Oaf
11-30-2009, 01:40 AM
Byrd was not on the IR to my knowledge this week. In run looks, Whitner is back there as added run support and in pass looks Byrd is back there. Both are weak in their counterpart's areas and both play very strong in their respective ones. Whitner did a great job hitting today and really prevented many medium gains from going big and smaller gains from going medium. Wilson is the constant at SS and has consistently looked good as well.

I think we can honestly say we have four starting caliber safeties on the roster. Wilson no longer looks like starter by default and we know Scott can start at SS too.

tomz
11-30-2009, 03:20 AM
There were numerous references to Byrd's 'limited mobility' due to injury on the radio broadcast of the game.

Buddo
11-30-2009, 11:19 AM
One of the articles Pat posted a link to summed it up best tbh. We used a safety rotation. Whitner and Wilson saw many more snaps, due to the finz being so run-orientated. Both Wilson and Whitner are good in run support, atm Byrd is still learning aspects of that.
Imho, it was good coaching, and good planning.

madness
11-30-2009, 12:24 PM
No question which position is one of our biggest strengths. 4 safeties on the field for most of that first drive w/ Scott @ LB and Donte @ NB.