PDA

View Full Version : Simmons

Jaybird
11-29-2009, 11:44 PM
I didn't hear his number called for any false starts, boy is it nice to have a vet on the line.

Besides that how do you think he played??

Ingtar33
11-30-2009, 12:11 AM
he looked good to me.

BSU Drew
11-30-2009, 12:12 AM
If i remember right he was called on a false start. However, I was impressed with him.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-30-2009, 12:21 AM
Wasn't Fitz sacked like 6 times? Who was responsible for the bulk of the sacks? I didn't pay attention to it. Hopefully not Simmons

ParanoidAndroid
11-30-2009, 01:44 AM
He was flagged twice. One hold and one false start. I'm sure he has some rust to shake off and some chemistry to build.

NorthCarBills
11-30-2009, 06:28 AM
He was flagged twice. One hold and one false start. I'm sure he has some rust to shake off and some chemistry to build.

I think you are right about the calls.....and for a guy who just got signed the same week I think he did very very well. Be interesting to see how he progresses after learning the playbook a bit more, and as you said getting a bit of the rust off.

yordad
11-30-2009, 06:56 AM
Man, I didn't think he looked that good. He completely whiffed on a sack or two, and got pushed around a little. But, I think he will get a little better, and we couldn't expect better at this point. Overall, I'll take it.

ddaryl
11-30-2009, 07:41 AM
Simmons was hit and miss. He looked solid at times and he looked overwhelmed at times.

but being his 1st real work in a long time that is understandable. I think he looked good enough to get better and help this OL considerably before the season runs out

Stewie
11-30-2009, 08:02 AM
simmons had a false start on the go-ahead drive in the 4th quarter. Could have been costly. He also got beat a few times that I noticed. But for a guy who was doing jack squat last week at this time, he played just fine.

HHURRICANE
11-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Can anyone explain to me why he wasn't on the roster when we needed players in the summer?

I think the guy looked horrible yesterday but mainly because he had a week to get ready. He actually showed that me with time he'll be fine. He really held his own at times which I liked.

Griz78
11-30-2009, 10:02 AM
The line after Dockery was cut and Hangartnet signed shoudl have been:

Peters - Simmons - Hangartner - Butler - Walker

PromoTheRobot
11-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Simmons had a few flags and allowed some sacks but played well considering the situation. However, using the BillsZone talent evaluation method, Simmons was a collasal failure and should be cut immediately.

PTR

Mahdi
11-30-2009, 10:23 AM
He was flagged for a hold, flagged for a false start and was directly responsible for one of the sacks. Kendall Langford's I believe.

That being said he is a solid run blocker and we need that desperately.

Michael82
11-30-2009, 10:57 AM
I preferred Wood.

DraftBoy
11-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Can anyone explain to me why he wasn't on the roster when we needed players in the summer?

I think the guy looked horrible yesterday but mainly because he had a week to get ready. He actually showed that me with time he'll be fine. He really held his own at times which I liked.

Maybe because he wasn't all the way healed yet? Its not like we were the only team to pass on him.