PDA

View Full Version : You Can’t Rush Beauty, Partna

patmoran2006
11-30-2009, 06:59 AM
By no coincidence, Owens’ resurrection coincided with Ryan Fitzpatrick taking over the offense and Perry Fewell control of the team. Dick Jauron and Trent Edwards may have looked like they were doing nothing, but they were simply waiting for their problems to go away.

Win or lose, Fewell gave Fitzpatrick the keys to the car, and instructed him there would be no speed limit. He’s responded by hitting T.O. with 98 and 51 yard touchdowns over the past two weeks.

Owens loves Fitzpatrick’s willingness to go to him early and often, regardless of the coverage rolled his way.

“As I mentioned last week it’s experience,” Owens said after the Miami win Sunday. “He’s not a stranger to being back there in the quarterback position. He’s recognizing defenses. He’s putting us in situations for us to win whether its run or pass. The guys up front are giving him a little bit of time to assesses that, and he’s delivering the ball.”

LINK (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/11/you-cant-rush-beauty-partna/)

Forward_Lateral
11-30-2009, 07:01 AM
They took several shots downfield, which is what we (I) expected them to do from day 1 this season. Fitz's deep ball has improved a lot since he first went in. I also thought his intermediate passes were good yesterday, and his decision making was very good. The INT was on Nelson, I don't know what he was doing.

Dujek
11-30-2009, 07:30 AM
The INT was on Nelson, I don't know what he was doing.
Making a rookie mistake?

Thought Fitz had a good game, and he's definitely the starter until the end of the season.

patmoran2006
11-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Fitz is definitely the starter, and don't be surprised to see the Bills make a legit run at T.O. coming back now.

HHURRICANE
11-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Again, is Edwards not reading the D or is nobody coaching him to throw the ball in different situations?

If the more talented guy is on the bench than you have to ask yourself what the heck is going on.

If Edwards can't read a D than it's time to part ways. If he's not getting coached properly than bring someone in that Can do the job.

Fitzpatrick at the helm is still a scary prospect.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Again, is Edwards not reading the D or is nobody coaching him to throw the ball in different situations?

If the more talented guy is on the bench than you have to ask yourself what the heck is going on.

If Edwards can't read a D than it's time to part ways. If he's not getting coached properly than bring someone in that Can do the job.

Fitzpatrick at the helm is still a scary prospect.

That's what I'm leaning to. There is a whole lot going on there with QBs, including shifting blocking assignments. It looks like Ryan is better than Edwards in that area.