Anyone Still Hoping We Lose All of Our Remaining Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Anyone Still Hoping We Lose All of Our Remaining Games?

After playing our hearts out against the Fins?
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Re: Anyone Still Hoping We Lose All of Our Remaining Games?

Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    also cheese

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

I'd rather have a better draft pick then to win out and still miss the playoffs.

This team needs talent and I'll take the better draft spot that can either net us a better pick or a better trade down scenario.

Plus a win over the fins did nothing to rectify the mess this team still IS.

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

I still want to beat the Pats.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Billz_fan
          • Jan 2003

I want to win actually. unless we get a top level staff in place we will flub the draft anyway and if we do get a good coach etc. They will get good value wherever we pick. So I choose win !
          The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Stewie
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
            I'd rather have a better draft pick then to win out and still miss the playoffs.

This team needs talent and I'll take the better draft spot that can either net us a better pick or a better trade down scenario.

can you define "better draft pick" ?
            I love Weiner.
            also cheese

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Sweep the Jets, beat the Pats, I hate KC too, so I want that win...it would be nice to beat the Colts in cold weather, oh and who plays on the Falcons?
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                • May 2003

As I've said before, there is no guarantee that a higher draft spot will net us a better player, given our current talent evaluators. And if we get some better guys in our FO, they should do fine - ala the Colts and Patriots - with wherever we pick.

I just think losing in order to improve your draft status is bad policy. That's why I think few, if any, teams ever do it, even if fans root for it.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Yes, let's hope for all wins:

1) Than we keep Fewell, and we know how good first time HCs have worked out.

2) At 9-7 we still miss the playoffs and draft at 14th getting an overrated 1st rounder.

3) We sell out again because we were only 2 games from making the playoffs.

4) Ralph decides that we are only a few players away and seals up his wallet.

5) Op and I spend another year *****ing about how stupid this organization is.

Let me remind you that the year we went 2-14 with Kay Stephenson as our coach we beat the Cowboys and people were so happy that they thought Kay should get more time to coach the team.

A win is great but at this point I'd rather sacrifice the season to get a top 10 pick or at least trade it for some more players that we need.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by paulB
                    can you define "better draft pick" ?

higher up pick. I'd rather draft #3 instead of #11, and use the thepick for on a top OL DL QB or LB, or use that high pick to trade back for multiple 1st day picks.

It would be nice to see the team play good exciting football but I don't really feel that winning benefits the organization this year. It actually gives ammunition to the thought process that not many major changes need to be made.

IMO we need major changes in coaching and talent evaluation and if we win lots of games to end the season were going to get arguments from Ralph and Russ that big changes were not necessary and we'll be delaying the fixes that really need to be made.

I'd also rather have a shot at a top 5 prospect then to sit back and see what falls to us at #11 again

Comment

• Stewie
                      • Aug 2002

higher up pick. I'd rather draft #3 instead of #11, and use the thepick for on a top OL DL QB or LB, or use that high pick to trade back for multiple 1st day picks.

It would be nice to see the team play good exciting football but I don't really feel that winning benefits the organization this year. It actually gives ammunition to the thought process that not many major changes need to be made.

IMO we need major changes in coaching and talent evaluation and if we win lots of games to end the season were going to get arguments from Ralph and Russ that big changes were not necessary and we'll be delaying the fixes that really need to be made.

I'd also rather have a shot at a top 5 prospect then to sit back and see what falls to us at #11 again
                      Since a 1st round pick is a 50-50 proposition at best, I can't for the life of me understand why a the #3 is considered automatically better than #11. Especially considering it comes at a much higher cost.

Yes, I understand that more options are better, and you have more options at 3 than you do at 11. But that doesn't guarantee anything, and it certainly doesn't make 3 automatically better than 11.

Especially considering you have to totally suck to get the 3rd pick.

It boils down to: why lose now to win later, when you can win now?
                      I love Weiner.
                      also cheese

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                        • Sep 2003

I will never, ever root for the team to lose - nor will I be happy with losses.
                        "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• ddaryl
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          As I've said before, there is no guarantee that a higher draft spot will net us a better player, given our current talent evaluators. And if we get some better guys in our FO, they should do fine - ala the Colts and Patriots - with wherever we pick.

I just think losing in order to improve your draft status is bad policy. That's why I think few, if any, teams ever do it, even if fans root for it.

Although I agree with your 1st paragraph, I also don't feel lettting players fall to us at #11 is what this team needs. I want the top DL OL QB or LB in the top 5... OR the opportunity to trade down from a top 5 pick and parlay that pick into extra 1st day picks. This team needs a major talent influx quickly... and one of the best ways to do that quickly is to have a higher draft pick. The other is to have lots of cap space for FA which we do but guess what next year is an uncapped year...

I don't want the Bills to play to lose... I never do... I just rather we lose because there is nothing winning will do that will make the offseason better.

In fact I view winning out as more of a huge negative for this team. It will give Perry a stong argumenbt for the HC position, It will probably keep us upgrading the talent evaluators on this team, it will probably convinve Ralph and Russ they do not have to make some big FA moves and it will keep us from having more ammuition to work with in the draft by either picking in the top 5 or trading back for extra 1st day picks

The only thing winning out does is produce a fake confidennce that will set this franchise back another 2-3 years IMO with the decisions that willbe made based off of how we finished 2009 rather then how we looked the last 5-10 years
                          Last edited by ddaryl; 11-30-2009, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• M
                            • Aug 2006

I never want the Bills to lose.
                            Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              • May 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              Yes, let's hope for all wins:

1) Than we keep Fewell, and we know how good first time HCs have worked out.

2) At 9-7 we still miss the playoffs and draft at 14th getting an overrated 1st rounder.

3) We sell out again because we were only 2 games from making the playoffs.

4) Ralph decides that we are only a few players away and seals up his wallet.

5) Op and I spend another year *****ing about how stupid this organization is.

Let me remind you that the year we went 2-14 with Kay Stephenson as our coach we beat the Cowboys and people were so happy that they thought Kay should get more time to coach the team.

A win is great but at this point I'd rather sacrifice the season to get a top 10 pick or at least trade it for some more players that we need.
                              I don't agree that 1), 3) or 4) will necessarily follow even a miracle finish. And this team will definitely not win our final 5 games, even though I will root for them in every one. And 5) is a given, no matter what happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X