PDA

View Full Version : I would like to see them defeat the Jets again...

Historian
11-30-2009, 10:07 AM
...even if that's the only other win of the season.

I think it's important for three reasons:

1. Last year's 7-9 was meaningless as they were 0-6 against the division. The division is your first hurdle. They are the true enemy. Get past them...and anything can happen. Lose all of them, and you might as well shine up your golf clubs.

2. As previously mentioned, it helps build a winning culture.

3. Even at 5-11 or 6-10, you can play the spoiler, so they must take you seriously. I can't tell you the number of times the Bills came up with big wins, once they were eliminated, and the pressure was off. (A 1997 win against Parcell's Jets comes to mind)

I would really like to see them defeat the Jets...and the Pats if possible.

I wouldn't completely rule out a late-season win in Atlanta either.
(See: 1973)

Night Train
11-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Couldn't agree more.

Carry over confidence into next season with many players who will still be here and make other teams miserable, like Miami.

Buddo
11-30-2009, 11:11 AM
The divisional games are the ones that matter most in what is left of this season. Beating the Jest (again), and especially the Pats, should be the thing to focus on in all honesty. We have to play them every year, and the more we beat them, the better our chances are of doing anything in the future. If we went (from here) 6-10 for the season, but still managed to beat the Jest (again) and the Pats for the first time in forever, it shows that we are becoming competitive.

The King
11-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Let's beat the S H ! T out of the J E T S

DraftBoy
11-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Id like to see them win, because I like it when they win!

HAMMER
11-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Amen, a sweep of the Jets after just beating Miami would be a great week of football.

DynaPaul
11-30-2009, 02:27 PM
I'd like to see a win this Thursday too. I think Sanchez might be able to throw the game away again. It's too bad I won't see it because of Time Warner being jerks about the NFL Network.

HAMMER
11-30-2009, 02:32 PM
I think you can be sure we load up against the run and make Sanchez try to beat us.

YardRat
11-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Is that dickhead Fireman Joe going to be there?

Ed
11-30-2009, 04:48 PM
I'd like to see a win this Thursday too. I think Sanchez might be able to throw the game away again. It's too bad I won't see it because of Time Warner being jerks about the NFL Network.
Just watch it at a sports bar. They'll all have the game on.

I would love to see us win this week too. A win against the Jets combined with a NE victory over Miami on Sunday would put the Bills in second place in the AFC East. Who would have thought that would be possible a few weeks ago?

yordad
11-30-2009, 05:09 PM
I heard you can watch this on NFL.com. Any truth?