PDA

View Full Version : SEC

k-oneputt
11-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Anyone see the beatings they gave out to the ACC best ?

Middle of the road SEC teams hammer the best of the ACC. And it was easy.

Put that overrated Boise in that league and they would be lucky to go .500.

tampabay25690
12-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Yes it was funny to watch actually.
I had South Carolina big this weekend.......
Im going to the ACC championship game this SAT in Tampa

GTECH vs CLEMSON what a joke.......

tampabay25690
12-01-2009, 07:33 AM
Well Boise will have there chance against either Bama or Florida in the Sugar Bowl...

DraftBoy
12-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Anyone see the beatings they gave out to the ACC best ?

Middle of the road SEC teams hammer the best of the ACC. And it was easy.

Put that overrated Boise in that league and they would be lucky to go .500.

Can't really talk conference battles when its rivalry games. Records don't matter when its a rivalry game. You all know that.

k-oneputt
12-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Did you watch the two games ? If you did it was pretty obvious who the superior team was. Especially the South Caro/Clemson game.

The real National Championship game is this Saturday at 4:00 pm in Atlanta.

k-oneputt
12-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Well Boise will have there chance against either Bama or Florida in the Sugar Bowl...

True, but it is alot easier playing one game than a full SEC schedule where you get a tough team every week, especially the road games in that league. The physical beatings week after week take a toll in the SEC.

tampabay25690
12-01-2009, 08:17 AM
I know but people on here dont want to hear that....
Most people know the superior conference....

psubills62
12-01-2009, 08:41 AM
The SEC looked pretty good against the ACC this past weekend. Much better than last year.

BlackMetalNinja
12-01-2009, 09:21 AM
The ACC Atlantic division in particular is not very good. Georgia Tech had a letdown game Saturday, but I'd put the Top 3 ACC Coastal teams right in the mix behind Florida and Alabama with the SEC.

DraftBoy
12-01-2009, 09:30 AM
Did you watch the two games ? If you did it was pretty obvious who the superior team was. Especially the South Caro/Clemson game.

The real National Championship game is this Saturday at 4:00 pm in Atlanta.

Nope, I dont watch college football.

k-oneputt
12-01-2009, 09:53 AM
The ACC Atlantic division in particular is not very good. Georgia Tech had a letdown game Saturday, but I'd put the Top 3 ACC Coastal teams right in the mix behind Florida and Alabama with the SEC.

Miami is on their way back, they beat a down FSU and Oklahoma and didn't schedule any SEC teams. G-Tech beat Miss St, and lost to Georgia, and V-Tech lost to Alabama.
I was just surprised how easily S. Caro and Georgia handled Clemson and G. Tech.

DraftBoy
12-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Miami is on their way back, they beat a down FSU and Oklahoma and didn't schedule any SEC teams. G-Tech beat Miss St, and lost to Georgia, and V-Tech lost to Alabama.
I was just surprised how easily S. Caro and Georgia handled Clemson and G. Tech.

Georgia won by only 6 points...The game was never put away. If Bebe doesn't drop the ball on 4th down GT has a shot to win the game still. Did you watch the game?

k-oneputt
12-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Yeah I watched it, I had Georgia +7 and they were never losing.

I also had Clemson minus and after the opening kickoff they were completely dominated.

DraftBoy
12-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Yeah I watched it, I had Georgia +7 and they were never losing.

I also had Clemson minus and after the opening kickoff they were completely dominated.

Did I at any point say Tech was ever losing?

Clemson played how Clemson plays. Either they hit the big plays, or they suffer. They are not a consistent football team and South Carolina is a much better team than most people think.

RockStar36
12-01-2009, 11:20 AM

So Miami's measure of success is if they schedule SEC teams on the schedule?

I'm pretty sure their first four games were one of the hardest opening schedules in college football.

How were they supposed to know that Bradford would get hurt?

DraftBoy
12-01-2009, 11:29 AM

I'm pretty sure their first four games were one of the hardest opening schedules in college football.

Some fans only care about conferences not on individual games and teams. Conference arguments are extremely stupid.

Ingtar33
12-01-2009, 11:44 AM
the ACC is more a basketball conference... then a football one.

k-oneputt
12-01-2009, 01:14 PM

The thread is about the SEC, maybe you missed that. Either way I gave them props for being on their way back. Also I agree they did have the hardest opening four games in the nation.

k-oneputt
12-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Some fans only care about conferences not on individual games and teams. Conference arguments are extremely stupid.

You must be talking about the National Championship games the last dozen years or so.

BlackMetalNinja
12-01-2009, 02:23 PM
the ACC is more a basketball conference... then a football one.Undoubtedly true... Living in the middle of ACC territory, college hoops ranks far and above all other sports here. Football of course generates interest, but not nearly at the same level.

And those of you expecting more out of Clemson, clearly haven't watched the team for very long, or you'd know to expect that. They are Jekyll and Hyde all the way.

RockStar36
12-01-2009, 02:47 PM
The thread is about the SEC, maybe you missed that. Either way I gave them props for being on their way back. Also I agree they did have the hardest opening four games in the nation.

No, I didn't miss that.

You specifically brought up Miami, so I specifically brought up their schedule.

tampabay25690
12-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Miami is on there way up and had the hardest few games I ever saw. FSU doesnt count and they caught G TECH on there long stretch. Miami is a much better team though.

Block "O"
12-01-2009, 06:01 PM
DRAFT TIM TEB-HO