PDA

View Full Version : Marv Levy: Jauron needed more time!

homeslice5484
11-30-2009, 12:58 PM
He said today on The Thurman Thomas Extra Point show that Jauron needed more time and was sad to see him go.

That was just loyalty to a guy he hired and the mistake he made. He made us worse in 2 years, he needs to just keep quiet about his 2 years as GM and boast about his coaching career of the 1990's.

Listen starting at 5:48 in the interview.

http://hosted-media.podzinger.com/wgr/archive/Football/2009-11-30_11_30_Thurmans_XP_w_Marv_Levy_The_Bulldo.mp3

Pinkerton Security
11-30-2009, 01:01 PM
I really think Levy had some sort of man-crush on Jauron, because he seems to be just dead wrong about him always.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Fewell didn't need more time to beat the fins.

mchurchfie
11-30-2009, 01:04 PM
**** YOU MARV!!!

Novacane
11-30-2009, 01:04 PM
STFU Marv.

Mad Bomber
11-30-2009, 01:06 PM
More time to do what? Get us the #1 overall pick?

jonah7777
11-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Levy has lost his mind. He should have never been made GM

bigbub2352
11-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Levy was an overatted Head coach, he was an overratted GM, and i think he is simply Overatted
the fact that he picked DJ out of a cluster of other coachs should tell u how much u should take his opinion
Marv ur moves in FA and the draft set us back another 5 years! or did u need more time?

NorthCarBills
11-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Levy has lost his mind. He should have never been made GM

I truly admire Marv and appreciate all he did as a HC coach. As a man he's a top class act.

However, as a GM he was horrible and this ongoing pro-Dick rant is not helping to maintain his credibility with a lot of fans, myself included.

TheBrownBear
11-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Levy might be the most overrated member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He was carried by Marchibroda and the great collection of players assembled by Polian. Other than Shula, Levy was always outcoached by the other big names he went up against - Gibbs, Parcells/Belichek, Johnson, etc.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Levy needs to STFU. Nobody cares if he's your friend Marv. Everyone knows your covering your own ass cause you're not man enough to admit you made a mistake! Marv, we live in a what have you done lately world, you've done nothing, get lost! You never delivered a championship either so nobody will lick your nuts.

Billz_fan
11-30-2009, 01:47 PM
Levy might be the most overrated member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He was carried by Marchibroda and the great collection of players assembled by Polian. Other than Shula, Levy was always outcoached by the other big names he went up against - Gibbs, Parcells/Belichek, Johnson, etc.

Sadly I agree. Worst of all it was most apparent in the Super Bowls.

JD
11-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Time to admit him to the psych ward.

Stewie
11-30-2009, 01:54 PM
c'mon guys he's probably right. just based on sheer odds, Jauron would definitely win a superbowl sometime in the next 250 years.

YardRat
11-30-2009, 01:56 PM
lol...If Marchibroda and the players were the one's that got them to the SB's, then they were the one's that lost them also.

Night Train
11-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Hank Bullough just needed more time..

wait...what Marv ?

Raptor
11-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Honestly Levy would be wise just to STFU on everything D.Jauron. He blew it on the coaching hire and pretty much everything he did here as a GM.

HAMMER
11-30-2009, 02:11 PM
WOW, a lot of classless comments about one of the best people the NFL has ever seen. Have a little more respect people.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-30-2009, 02:14 PM
WOW, a lot of classless comments about one of the best people the NFL has ever seen. Have a little more respect people.

He was overrated and never won the big game. And an epic failure as a GM. Second place is not comforting.

HAMMER
11-30-2009, 02:18 PM
He was overrated and never won the big game. And an epic failure as a GM. Second place is not comforting.

Classless, you are embarassing yourself.

DynaPaul
11-30-2009, 02:24 PM
What a dumb ass. More time? Like what? Another 20 years of this corpse on the sidelines? Jauron was never gonna do dick. Marv I think is going senile.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Classless, you are embarassing yourself.

Embarrassing myself? You're the only one tugging on Marv's dress. Everyone else is calling him out for his stupid statements and commenting on his overrated resume.

Philagape
11-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Defending Dick is grounds for impeachment from the HOF.

Impeach Marv!

YardRat
11-30-2009, 02:47 PM
:rofl: at 'over-rated resume'.

Say what you want about Marv's comment regarding Jauron, but it in no way detracts from the job he did here as HC or the fact he headed a team that accomplished something no other has been able to duplicate.

HHURRICANE
11-30-2009, 02:51 PM
He said today on The Thurman Thomas Extra Point show that Jauron needed more time and was sad to see him go.

That was just loyalty to a guy he hired and the mistake he made. He made us worse in 2 years, he needs to just keep quiet about his 2 years as GM and boast about his coaching career of the 1990's.

Listen starting at 5:48 in the interview.

http://hosted-media.podzinger.com/wgr/archive/Football/2009-11-30_11_30_Thurmans_XP_w_Marv_Levy_The_Bulldo.mp3

Marv, did you watch the game yesterday? We lose with Jauron and here's why:

1) Jauron defantely punts instead of going for a 56 field yard kick.

2) Jauron doesn't go for the open TD to TO.

3) Positions for a field goal at the 30.

BertSquirtgum
11-30-2009, 02:54 PM
i totally disagree with marv. he has to be trying to hide the fact that he was not a very good GM and made some very poor decisions.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-30-2009, 02:58 PM
:rofl: at 'over-rated resume'.

Say what you want about Marv's comment regarding Jauron, but it in no way detracts from the job he did here as HC or the fact he headed a team that accomplished something no other has been able to duplicate.

Awesome, we hold the record for losing 4 super bowls. Splendid. I'd take 1 SB appearance with a win and lose out the other 3 years with 2 win seasons. I understand it was a great accomplishment o get there 4 years in a row, but we didn't finish the race. We lost everytime.

mchurchfie
11-30-2009, 02:59 PM
He was a good motivational coach. No matter how much talent you have on the roster it takes a special coach to get them up off the ground and go to SBs repeatedly. That being said, as much good as he did for back then he undid when he came in here pretending he was a GM. He set this franchise back at least 5 years. It'll be another 4 before we fully recover from the Jauron debacle, all of his bad drafts, and FA signings.

HHURRICANE
11-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Awesome, we hold the record for losing 4 super bowls. Splendid. I'd take 1 SB appearance with a win and lose out the other 3 years with 2 win seasons. I understand it was a great accomplishment o get there 4 years in a row, but we didn't finish the race. We lost everytime.

Totally agree!! As far as I'm concerned Marv is the Bud Grant of the 90s.

I'll take one Superbowl win just to say Buffalo is a wrold champion, is a legitimate sport.

casdhf
11-30-2009, 03:08 PM
I don't get the Marv hate.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-30-2009, 03:10 PM
I don't get the Marv hate.

Let's make a shrine for the decade of destruction he caused during Jauron reign and years post to recover. Hey the man led us to 4 SB losses, he is a legendary loser.

trapezeus
11-30-2009, 03:20 PM
i don't hate the guy. i respect what he did. Look at the cowboys. They routinely try to buy their championship but don't have the coaching to put it all together. Marv rightfully is in the hall of fame.

But his insistance that Jauron was the right hire is really becoming annoying. We have 3 and half years of pathetically coached games. His teams didn't have any personality. Perhaps if you gave him a roster of divas like Marv had and his steady the ship, let's not get ahead of ourselves demeanor would be helpful. but with kids seeing the NFL for the first time, he provided no spark.

I have a list of at least 10 heartbreaking games that Jauron walked us into. The guy absolutely sucked and i will debate with Marv about this topic til the end of time.

ddaryl
11-30-2009, 03:24 PM
No Marv Jauron needed to go bye bye...

There was nothing demonstrated over th elast 3.5 years that showed us that if Jauron had more time things woud have gotten better

7-9
7-9
7-9
3-6 (with the potential of 7-9)

So Marv where do we see the small but steady improvement that tells us we should hold on to Jauron just one more year... The Bills W-L record really seems to tell a slightly different story

YardRat
11-30-2009, 03:29 PM
I would probably trade one ring for four appearances also...but that still doesn't negate the accomplishment.

Winning 4 consecutive AFC championships is one of the greatest feats in sports history (any sport) regardless of the outcome of the SB's.

Call him out for being a poor GM, and disagree with his recent comments as vehemently as you want, but don't let that sully what he helped this team achieve in the early 90's.

Jeff1220
11-30-2009, 03:36 PM
I'd have to agree with YR, he's was a crappy GM and must be having lapse of sanity in terms of his Jauron love, but he was a heck of a HC.
Just ask Chargers fans how important it is to have a good coach for the talent that's assembled.

TigerJ
11-30-2009, 04:08 PM
I'll say I respectfully disagree with Levy and leave it at that.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Have alot of respect for Marv and what he has done for the Bills but there is a time to shut up and let it go, Marv needs to do just that.

Mike in Syracuse
11-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Marv appears to have gone over the falls. Time for some tapioca and a big cup of STFU.

Griff
11-30-2009, 04:49 PM
wow, who would've thought that Marv was more out of touch than Ralph.

HAMMER
11-30-2009, 05:40 PM
You guys sure come off as jerks bashing an 80 year old icon of the coaching profession. He's a great guy who has done more than any of you miserable pukes will do in your lives. Show him some respect.

mybills
11-30-2009, 05:41 PM
More time to do what? Get us the #1 overall pick?
:spit:

Mudflap1
11-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Marv is an awesome guy who did a great job as head coach (with the braintrust of Bill Polian running the show). However, he needs to accept the fact that he made a bad call with Jauron as head coach. As was indicated earlier, Marv had a lot of talent on his teams. Maybe Jauron would've done alright with that kind of talent, but he certainly didn't do well with shoddy draft picks, bad free agent signings, and an overall mediocre roster (which Marv had a hand in as well for two years). The Bills need a coach who gets their players to overachieve, not be conservative and mire in mediocrity.

trapezeus
11-30-2009, 06:20 PM
i couldn't listen to the interview, but is it fair to say that he's being asked these questions about Jauron or is he offering his two cents? if they ask him a question, of course, as a friend he has to defend the decision. if he is just going off and suggesting that more time was needed, then i take issue with it. Jauron was one of the worst things that happened to this team. Fewell is performing worlds better with even lesser talent in some cases. fewell is no HOF but the proof is coming out on how much this team is being held back from bad game day coaching. when fewell ends up with a losing record, it'll be that much clearer on how poor the overall talent is.

warsawbassman
11-30-2009, 06:56 PM
You guys sure come off as jerks bashing an 80 year old icon of the coaching profession. He's a great guy who has done more than any of you miserable pukes will do in your lives. Show him some respect.

The guys bashing Levy's coaching record on here are way out of line. some one had to pull all that talant and ego's together. I doubt this team goes to one SB let alone 4 in row with out Levy as coach. Funny how he's getting blamed for all 4 losses. I don't recall him kicking the ball in SBXXV, or missing tackle after tackle in the second half of SBXXV. Or tossing 4 picks in SBXXVI, or turning the ball over 9 times in SBXXVII. Now SBXXVIII could be debated as a poor coaching job.

If you want to bash his GM resume, so be it................even I admit it stinks, but to turn this into a "he sucked as a coach too" thread is classless, and ignorant.

Nighthawk
11-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Marv was an average HC who was put in a position where it was hard for him NOT to be successful. Those teams were so loaded that even Lecter could have coached them to a SB!

elltrain22
11-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Damn, you guys are really being harsh on old Marv!!! Trickie Dick was Marv's guy, what do you expect him to say?

Nighthawk
11-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Damn, you guys are really being harsh on old Marv!!! Trickie Dick was Marv's guy, what do you expect him to say?

Agreed, I expected nothing less from Marv on this subject.

HHURRICANE
11-30-2009, 07:28 PM
Let's cut Marv some slack. Jauron was a mistake but he did alot of things right like:

1) Trading up for McCargo.

2) Promising not to franchise Clements so we couldn't get any picks in a trade for him.

3) All the great FAs like Peerless Price and Robert Royal and how about those lineman like Whittle, Dockery, and Walker that are all still contributing.

It was like having Polian back again...good times..good times.

BertSquirtgum
11-30-2009, 08:12 PM
marv was a horrible GM