• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

I'll give Fitzpatrick credit

Dude shut me up.

He has played well in the last 2 games and is getting the ball downfield. I have been very critical of him as a player and didn't even think he can be a good backup, but his play the last 2 weeks has been what the Bills need.

Fitzpatrick has been a journeyman and his career numbers were poor, particularly his crappy completion percentage to go with dreadful Yds/Att. Maybe the light has come one for the kid because he has played much better the last couple weeks.

Granted, he could still return to the level he displayed for most of his career, but if he keeps it up he becomes a real find for Buffalo. Time will tell, but the one thing for certain is his play the last couple of games has proven I didn't know what I was talking about. I never thought he could do it and I was wrong. Good for the kid, it is a nice story.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: I'll give Fitzpatrick credit

No question his skill sets are limited and he's a career backup. But he makes up for the shortage on sheer guts.

That 31 yards TD run and that kill shot to Owens was all heart. He can be my long term backup any day.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I dont think anyone thinks he's the answer long term, but having a back up who can win you games is a big plus.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

He is so inaccurate though.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• more cowbell
          • Apr 2006

I thought the dude was complete garbage and some of the decisions/throws he makes are questionable, however the guy somehow gets his team to rally around him. Definetaly a good backup QB
          The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• baalworship
            • May 2003

And he is making plays behind the worst offensive line in the NFL. He has no time but still makes plays.

Comment

• Griff
              • Jul 2008

Fitz is the smartest QB to ever play the game, however, I doubt he will ever be anything but a career backup.

Comment

• Griff
                • Jul 2008

Originally posted by baalworship
                And he is making plays behind the worst offensive line in the NFL. He has no time but still makes plays.
                but he's no Aaron Rodgers.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

So far he's shown a lot of heart and guts but we still need someone better for next season.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Hopefully he plays lights out so we can take QB off of our list for needs next offseason.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

It seems like soooo long ago I argued for pages that Fitz might actually be better. But wait, that was just a couple weeks ago. Props on admitting you were wrong.

Typo, griff, et al. should join you. Especially Typo who I had a smidgen of respect for previous to him calling me ******ed for my opinion.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Griff
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by yordad
                        It seems like soooo long ago I argued for pages that Fitz might actually be better. But wait, that was just a couple weeks ago. Props on admitting you were wrong.

Typo, griff, et al. should join you. Especially Typo who I had a smidgen of respect for previous to him calling me ******ed for my opinion.
                        rofl Trent is still better, and will succeed on any other team.

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Griff
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• mush69
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Griff
                            Not so sure about that with Trents scrambled brains. I wonder if he can get it back together.

Fitz on the other hand could become a jewel, I think his arm strength and accuracy improve during the off season. He will bring in his experience, his level head and leadership to camp next year. He will be the guy to beat out of the starter spot IMO. Gonna have to be a big name that we sign to walk into next years camp to be the starter.

Just a feeling but it is a gut feeling!

Last edited by mush69; 11-30-2009, 05:00 PM.
                            Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

He still sucks and has shown why he's nothing more than journeyman.

Comment

Working...
                              X