PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to happen on Thursday Night?

DraftBoy
11-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Easy Question: Win or Loss?

Lots of people, talking about how they want losses, and lots talking about how they want wins. Vote and let it be known. Im not commenting beyond this post.

I want a win.

SquishDaFish
11-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Win all day long. I dont care I want WINS and for the team to keep growing together.

TacklingDummy
11-30-2009, 06:46 PM
True feeling can not be told with a public poll.

DraftBoy
11-30-2009, 06:47 PM

If you're scared to vote then just say you're scared.

Griff
11-30-2009, 06:53 PM
I always want the Bills to win, but a loss doesn't hurt so much right now because I know it will get us a better pick.

Bravo82
11-30-2009, 06:55 PM
I voted win. However as I have stated before, I would rather see this team look good in a loss, than look bad in a win. If that makes any sense.

Nighthawk
11-30-2009, 07:02 PM
I voted win. However as I have stated before, I would rather see this team look good in a loss, than look bad in a win. If that makes any sense.

Makes total sense....

Nighthawk
11-30-2009, 07:03 PM
I always want the Bills to win, but a loss doesn't hurt so much right now because I know it will get us a better pick.

Agreed...

Ingtar33
11-30-2009, 07:06 PM
i want a win...

these last two years have started a growing hatred for ignorant dumb as all hell Jets fans. For years i generally ignored the jets as the ******ed stepchild of the AFCE... but the QB hype in NY first with Favre and now with Sanchez is getting on my nerves.

I didn't realize how much it bugged me till i was ecstatic at Sanchez's 5 int meltdown against us. So.. yeah. I'd love to see us win.

I'm a bills fan. I don't care if it harms our draft status or i lose the pick'em contest (i predicted a loss for this week). I just want to see the bills drive the dagger into jet's fan's hearts (that's right... i hate how sucky the bills are and am reduced to enjoying the pain of other teams fans at watching their seasons go up in smoke too, call me bitter but there i am.)

YardRat
11-30-2009, 07:10 PM
I always root for a win.

Don't worry about the draft position, fall-out on the coaching staff or front office, etc until later.

elltrain22
11-30-2009, 07:12 PM
IMO, you're not a real fan if you root for your team to loose.

Joe Fo Sho
11-30-2009, 07:15 PM

On an internet message board???

You guys take this s*** way too seriously...

Nighthawk
11-30-2009, 07:16 PM

And this I agree with you on!

TacklingDummy
11-30-2009, 07:24 PM

I've been attacked several times for voicing my opinion, so has many others.

Nighthawk
11-30-2009, 07:24 PM

You gotta be careful posting after a win here...people get caught up in the moment.

cocamide
11-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Any Bills fans who roots for them to lose supports terrorism and is Anti-American.

DrGraves
11-30-2009, 07:31 PM
losing won't get us a better pick.... it will get us a higher overall pick, but naturally we will mess up the pick so it doesn't really matter.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-30-2009, 07:38 PM
I always like betting on the underdog, must be the mentality of a bills fan. Anyway the jury is still out on Fewell, but I would like him to do well. If he does become the coach, hopefully he sees that we need a new football operations and pushes for it. You can see he has obviously learned from Jaurons mistakes. Maybe he sees the same mistakes in the football operations.

Now I would love to see Shanahan or Cowher, but with Ralph's history I just don't see it happening. Hope I'm wrong.

Dr. Lecter
11-30-2009, 07:41 PM

Oh Noes!!!

Attacked on the intraweb!!!

How terrible!!!

Dr. Lecter
11-30-2009, 07:42 PM
One of the biggest problems with this team has been the culture of losing.

The only way to end it is to develop a culture of winning. You do that by winning games.

T-Long
11-30-2009, 07:46 PM
For anyone to say they WANT the Bills to lose, is not a Bills fan in my book. I don't give a **** where we land in the draft, I won't ever ROOT for them to lose. If they do end up losing though, It hurts less because we move up the draft board.

Nighthawk
11-30-2009, 07:47 PM

The only way to end it is to develop a culture of winning. You do that by winning games.

You do that by bringing in a guy who demands respect and holds players accountable. You do that by getting rid of the waste that has infected this organization the past 10 years. You don't do that by hiring from within and keeping a link to the loser regime that's been here too long. Just my opinion, but there are many ways to build a culture of winning.

X-Era
11-30-2009, 07:47 PM

Lots of people, talking about how they want losses, and lots talking about how they want wins. Vote and let it be known. Im not commenting beyond this post.

I want a win.
I voted to lose.

Im a non-playoff season, whats the point?

Wait, if we can keep the Jets from making the playoffs with this win, can I change my answer?

T-Long
11-30-2009, 07:49 PM
I voted to lose.

Im a non-playoff season, whats the point?

Wait, if we can keep the Jets from making the playoffs with this win, can I change my answer?
very very disappointing from you X-Era. I took you for being a diehard fan...and you aren't one in my book if you can seriously watch the game Thursday night against the piece of **** JETS and actually ROOT for US to LOSE. Unbelievable.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 07:52 PM
win !

Nighthawk
11-30-2009, 07:53 PM
very very disappointing from you X-Era. I took you for being a diehard fan...and you aren't one in my book if you can seriously watch the game Thursday night against the piece of **** JETS and actually ROOT for US to LOSE. Unbelievable.

Seriously, stop with this "you're not Bills fan" crap. He's a Bills fan, but he doesn't think like you...who cares? You don't think like me and I know that you're huge Bills fan, even if I don't agree with everything you say. You know who are "real" Bills fans?!?! Anybody who cares enough to talk about them with other Bills fans on a website!

So please, stop with all this "real Bills fans" bulls**t!

(T-Long...this wasn't only directed towards you, so please don't take it as an insult. I've seen too many people post this crap and it is complete garbage.)

T-Long
11-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Seriously, stop with this "you're not Bills fan" crap. He's a Bills fan, but he doesn't think like you...who cares? You don't think like me and I know that you're huge Bills fan, even if I don't agree with everything you say. You know who are "real" Bills fans?!?! Anybody who cares enough to talk about them with other Bills fans on a website!

So please, stop with all this "real Bills fans" bulls**t!

(T-Long...this wasn't only directed towards you, so please don't take it as an insult. I've seen too many people post this crap and it is complete garbage.)

I actually have to agree with you. I didn't see it that way. Of course he is a Bills fan or else he wouldn't be here and posting all the time. What I'm saying is that in my book (which I wrote a couple times) that I can not root against my team, no matter what's going on. Even if Jauron was still here, I would never root against them. Do the losses soften up when Jauron was closer to getting canned? Absolutely. But not against division rivals in the Dolphins, Pats, and Jets. I just can not even think about rooting against them, ESPECIALLY against teams in the AFC EAST. But like I said, I do see your point. Well taken.

Dr. Lecter
11-30-2009, 07:57 PM
You do that by bringing in a guy who demands respect and holds players accountable. You do that by getting rid of the waste that has infected this organization the past 10 years. You don't do that by hiring from within and keeping a link to the loser regime that's been here too long. Just my opinion, but there are many ways to build a culture of winning.

And winning does not stop any of that. We also do not know if Fewell could be a good HC.

The most important thing is that the players get used to winning and playing to win.

This whole losing is OK thing is a Jauron mindset.

Nighthawk
11-30-2009, 08:00 PM
On a sidenote...Damn, I hate the Pats! Just watched them walk down the field and score a TD!

X-Era
11-30-2009, 08:02 PM

I understand your disappointment.

I am a die hard fan, I get your point.

It took balls to admit it... I knew many would disagree.

I simply cant root for anything that hurts us. Winning puts us farther from being at the top of the draft, a bit farther from realizing that Fewell cant solve our deep problems, and a bit farther from playing the young guys who may be a part of our future.

I understand your point, I hate the Jets as much as the next guy, but I want our future to get brighter as soon as possible. That happens when we dont have any reason to believe anything less than sweeping and huge changes will make a significant positive difference.

I simply think a loss now may help us in the long run.

Dont get pissed at a fellow fan who has been run down to this point.

Nighthawk
11-30-2009, 08:03 PM
I understand your disappointment.

I am a die hard fan, I get your point.

It took balls to admit it... I knew many would disagree.

I simply cant root for anything that hurts us. Winning puts us farther from being at the top of the draft, a bit farther from realizing that Fewell cant solve our deep problems, and a bit farther from playing the young guys who may be a part of our future.

I understand your point, I hate the Jets as much as the next guy, but I want our future to get brighter as soon as possible. That happens when we dont have any reason to believe anything less than sweeping and huge changes will make a significant positive difference.

I simply think a loss now may help us in the long run.

Dont get pissed at a fellow fan who has been run down to this point.

I totally understand your point of view and it makes complete sense.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Can I ask ,would it be possible Jauron had a big hand in the draft?

psubills62
11-30-2009, 08:05 PM

Completely agree. I voted for a win.

I'm still of the opinion that draft picks in the 5-10 range, or even 10-15 range are the best value for the money. How would it help us to shell out 70 million dollars for a top 5 draft pick when we could pay ~40 million instead and afford a darn good FA for the leftover money.

Nighthawk
11-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Can I ask ,would it be possible Jauron had a big hand in the draft?

Oh, he definitely had say in the players on this roster...that was proven by the signing of Brohm and the cutting of Hamden.

T-Long
11-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Completely agree. I voted for a win.

I'm still of the opinion that draft picks in the 5-10 range, or even 10-15 range are the best value for the money. How would it help us to shell out 70 million dollars for a top 5 draft pick when we could pay ~40 million instead and afford a darn good FA for the leftover money.

The only way it helps us is if we are dead set on drafting a QB or LT. Guys in the 10-15 range at that position aren't as likely to be elite. But, as the draft has shown us, it can be a total crapshoot.

X-Era
And winning does not stop any of that. We also do not know if Fewell could be a good HC.

The most important thing is that the players get used to winning and playing to win.

This whole losing is OK thing is a Jauron mindset.

Doc,

Of course we don't KNOW Fewell cant be a good HC. We simply have every reason to believe he wont be any good here in Buffalo. Weve tried this route and ended up with more of the same. Doesnt doing what you've done get you what you've gotten? Why is it different now? Thats the question we should be asking.

Do we have so much faith in the Bills at this point to trust that going with another unproven newbie HC will suddenly work?

The last time we went to the SB, we had a HOF HC... coincidence? I think not.

BTW, losing is only OK if there's nothing to win for and losing helps you get better in the long term.

VeggieMan14
as far as im concerned we are still technically in the playoff hunt correct?

T-Long
11-30-2009, 08:09 PM
we are...mathmatically. But, a 9-7 team in the AFC making the playoffs is such a far stretch.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Id rather watch them win, if I was rooting for them to lose then there would be no point in watching the game.

VeggieMan14
11-30-2009, 08:11 PM
we are...mathmatically. But, a 9-7 team in the AFC making the playoffs is such a far stretch.ehh il take it... Bills Titans AFC championship game

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 08:11 PM
jets are a rival team . Their fans are annoying too. If we can't undo what DICK did here , I at least want to go out swinging with my head up high at least within the division. I'm tired of being the AFCE's *****. It's not like we have 100% control of the draft anyways.

M
11-30-2009, 08:12 PM
A division rival? A win, of course. OK, let me fess up. Even if the Jets weren't in the divison, I'd still want a win!

X-Era
11-30-2009, 08:12 PM
The only way it helps us is if we are dead set on drafting a QB or LT. Guys in the 10-15 range at that position aren't as likely to be elite. But, as the draft has shown us, it can be a total crapshoot.
It is a crapshoot, but Id rather have pick of the litter than the 2nd or 3rd best.

Im a bit tired of missing out on great players like Patrick Willis, Adrian Peterson, and Ben Rothlisberger... Id like to be a bit higher and have guys like this staring us in the face.

Unfortunately I think our perpetual mediocrity has led us to these mid-range 1st rounders who havent ended up being a steal.

Im a bigger fan of the surer thing at this point.

BertSquirtgum
11-30-2009, 08:15 PM
i want the bills to shove a peanut butter and jelly sandwich down big ole rex ryans fat mouth.

T-Long
11-30-2009, 08:16 PM
It is a crapshoot, but Id rather have pick of the litter than the 2nd or 3rd best.

Im a bit tired of missing out on great players like Patrick Willis, Adrian Peterson, and Ben Rothlisberger... Id like to be a bit higher and have guys like this staring us in the face.

Unfortunately I think our perpetual mediocrity has led us to these mid-range 1st rounders who havent ended up being a steal.

Im a bigger fan of the surer thing at this point.

Last time we had a top 5 pick, how did it turn out? That's all I'm saying.

T-Long
11-30-2009, 08:16 PM
i want the bills to shove a peanut butter and jelly sandwich down big ole rex ryans fat mouth.
I'd prefer egg salad, but PB&J is fine by me!

X-Era
11-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Last time we had a top 5 pick, how did it turn out? That's all I'm saying.

Which one?

Bruce Smith?

Yeah we can blow it, but I actually feel that Buddy Nix coming back helped us not a little but a lot. I think that Nix being back and us having such a good looking draft this year are not total coincidence.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Which one?

Bruce Smith?

Yeah we can blow it, but I actually feel that Buddy Nix coming back helped us not a little but a lot. I think that Nix being back and us having such a good looking draft this year are not total coincidence.
Mike Williams . No. 4.

Let the future take care of itself. I'm more interested in the present.

BertSquirtgum
11-30-2009, 08:24 PM
i do not want a top 5 pick in this draft. we can get equal value through 8-15

X-Era
11-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Mike Williams . No. 4.

Let the future take care of itself. I'm more interested in the present.

We've done plenty of that for years and it didn't work so well.

X-Era
11-30-2009, 08:29 PM
i do not want a top 5 pick in this draft. we can get equal value though 8-15
Theoretically you cant.

But I understand your point.

BertSquirtgum
11-30-2009, 08:30 PM
i just don't think there is any game changing talent in this year draft. i only watch college football sparsely but normally you here them talk about this player and that player. i don't hear too much of that this year.

X-Era
11-30-2009, 08:34 PM
i just don't think there is any game changing talent in this year draft. i only watch college football sparsely but normally you here them talk about this player and that player. i don't hear too much of that this year.

Totally disagree.

If Bradford stays healthy and plays like he did in college, he could be very special in the NFL

Derrick Morgan is a beast and helps a team day one IMO

Dez Bryant is a stud

Russell Okung is a franchise LT in the making

Eric Berry may be the best S to come out since Ed Reed

Suh is an absolute beast who could easily become the next Richard Seymour

The only reason I agree that you dont need a top 10 pick is that this draft is very deep. But, there is still top talent who is clearly tops.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 08:37 PM
We've done plenty of that for years and it didn't work so well.

I know it isn't much , but give it those of us who still enjoy it when our team wins. We've accepted that we've lost the war. Let those of us who still like seeing the bills win the battles left ,enjoy it. We haven't had a whole lot to smile about in over a decade.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Win all day long. I dont care I want WINS and for the team to keep growing together.

Growing together LOL. Half this team will be jobless or in UFL next year. There will be major changes to the roster. I prefer they start Maybin, Brohm, and Hardy. Play the hardest with young guys. Of course we'll likely lose, but who cares. We're in process of building something special. Hopefully with Shanny, Fox, or Billick. Since Gruden snubbed us!

X-Era
11-30-2009, 08:40 PM
I know it isn't much , but give it those of us who still enjoy it when our team wins. We've accepted that we've lost the war. Let those of us who still like seeing the bills win the battles left ,enjoy it. We haven't had a whole lot to smile about in over a decade.
Hey, I may feel that a loss helps us the most. But, I still like Bills wins and beating the Jets as much as the next guy.

I didn't get to answer whether I would be happy if the Bills beat the Jets, the answer is a big fat yes.

justasportsfan
11-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Hey, I may feel that a loss helps us the most. But, I still like Bills wins and beating the Jets as much as the next guy.

I didn't get to answer whether I would be happy if the Bills beat the Jets, the answer is a big fat yes.
you don't know that for a fact. No one knows what the future brings. One thing I'm sure about is that I will enjoy watching the bills win just like I loved watching the bills beat the fins.

T-Long
11-30-2009, 09:35 PM
don't forget to add McCoy's name to that mix...Suh #1 McCoy #2 is a distinct possibility

TacklingDummy
12-01-2009, 03:22 AM
Oh Noes!!!

Attacked on the intraweb!!!

How terrible!!!

Oh no, my post got groaned at, let's complain so they take it away.

How come you are not defending the groan button?

Meathead
12-01-2009, 03:24 AM
root for a win during the game, hope for a loss afterwards

Jan Reimers
12-01-2009, 07:03 AM
I'm a Bills' fan. How could I ever root for them to lose?

mybills
12-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Correct. And I want the win.
The only thing that sucks about us winning, is that if the Jets were to win I could laugh at Miami some more. :snicker:

MikeInRoch
12-01-2009, 07:13 AM
It is asinine to root for loss against a team you claim to be a fan of.

NorthCarBills
12-01-2009, 07:20 AM

I want a win.

Easy answer. Win.

tampabay25690
12-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Easy ?

WIN all day.......Winning brings a attitude to the team and thats a good thing...

SABURZFAN
12-01-2009, 08:36 AM
i'm hoping for a win. anybody who wants the Bills to lose is a Meathead. (pun intended)

Cntrygal
12-01-2009, 01:08 PM
WIN!!!

yordad
12-01-2009, 02:18 PM
I want to see Maybin get a sack. I was to see Byrd get an Int. I want to see Nelson get a TD. I want to jump out of my chair and slap hands with my buddies and scream "Did you see that!!!!".

So, I guess I would rather a win, but not too much more. A nice spanking at the hands of the Jest IN TORONTO could go a long way in taking the wind out of sails of the ship trying to sail away with our team to Toronto (plus draft picks, front office changes, etc.)!

yordad
12-01-2009, 02:20 PM
In other words, "I can see how losing may help this team long term, but I still can't bring myself to root for it."