PDA

View Full Version : i love how sam aiken.....

djjimkelly
11-30-2009, 10:03 PM
wasnt good enough to play wr for the bills.

was only a special teams player

was carried as 6th or 7th wr

however he is good enough to have 4-6 balls thrown his way for the patriots every week.

more proof of what a joke our entire system has been.

i wonder how many other players are or have been misused by our genius brain trust at one bills drive.

i can think of several guys right off the bat.

but it is a joke he wasnt near good enough for our roster let alone see significant playing time, but with the pats hes a player!

Pinkerton Security
11-30-2009, 10:06 PM
pretty sure you could put Corey mace in the Pats attack and he'd catch 4 balls a game...Aiken is a product of his team

the pats dont need proven WR's because they can be successful with just a certain type of player (ie. a smart one who can catch a ball)

Ingtar33
11-30-2009, 10:06 PM
I thought he was a steal when the bills drafted him and never understood how he never saw the field.

homeslice5484
11-30-2009, 10:07 PM
remember when reed got hurt, we all thought Aiken would get time and we used Robert Royal instead? Classic Jauron decisions!!

realdealryan
11-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Undecided. Aiken never got a chance to show anything with us. And spreading it out with an accurate quarterback makes wide receivers look great. Also, how many of their receivers leave to go underwhelm in another city or just leave football altogether?

DBrown77
11-30-2009, 10:42 PM

however he is good enough to have 4-6 balls thrown his way for the patriots every week.

i wonder how many other players are or have been misused by our genius brain trust at one bills drive.

but it is a joke he wasnt near good enough for our roster let alone see significant playing time, but with the pats hes a player!
I agree with your assessment of our brain trust, but Aiken had only 9 catches all year before tonight. Hardly someone the Bills miss. I have no problem with letting the Patsies have him

Mr. Pink
11-30-2009, 11:31 PM
I agree with your assessment of our brain trust, but Aiken had only 9 catches all year before tonight. Hardly someone the Bills miss. I have no problem with letting the Patsies have him

Beat me to the punch.

:rofl: at this thread.

Dude has 16 catches, 229 yards and 1 TD for the season.

Which includes tonight which is probably his most productive game of his career.

But yeah, we totally misused him.

Mr. Pink
11-30-2009, 11:32 PM
Oh yeah, last year 8 catches for 101 yards.

Very productive player for the Pats though right?

Block "O"
11-30-2009, 11:57 PM
we'll be able to tell how well they use Bills players when they have TO next year.

Lexwhat
12-01-2009, 12:15 AM
This thread is dumb.

First of all, Aiken was invisible when he played on Offense for the Bills. Could he have been more effective with a better coaching staff? Sure, I guess. But the guy was here when Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey, AND Dick Jauron were around. He didn't do a damn thing on Offense under any of those 3 guys.

Anyways, he had 7 catches tonight -- by far the best game of his Career. Not including tonight, he has had more than 2 catches in only TWO games his ENTIRE career (4 catches one game with the Bills, and 4 catches one game with the Patriots).

Anyways, he obviously had more targets tonight because the Saints did so well covering Moss and Welker.

Get real.

Lexwhat
12-01-2009, 12:18 AM
And anyways, go ask a knowledgeable Pats fan about Sam Aiken -- Belichick signed Aiken solely because of his ability to help their Special Teams. He is not relevant to their everyday Offense.

Ickybaluky
12-01-2009, 05:51 AM
Aiken has been a solid player on ST for NE. In fact, he took over as their ST captain this season (with Larry Izzo leaving). He also has surprised of late with his contributions on offense, after showing shaky hands early in the season he is now holding onto the ball and displaying some production.

However, he is still a 5th/6th WR in NE. The only reason he is seeing more time this year is because Joey Galloway was a bust, Brandon Tate is on IR and Julian Edelman has been missing games due to injury.

Historian
12-01-2009, 05:59 AM
Aiken was okay.

Were have just always been very deep at Wide Receiver.

There are only so many vballs to go around, especially when your quarterbacks have spent the better part of 10 years on their backs.

OpIv37
12-01-2009, 06:38 AM
Aiken, Jim Leonard, Justin Bannan, coy wire, Jabari Greer, there is a long list of players who were mediocre to useless for us that have moved on to contribute to other teams. Jauron and his staff do not utilize talent well.

SABURZFAN
12-01-2009, 08:28 AM

he's nothing. he only has 16 receptions and the ball has been thrown to him 30 times. the only joke here is this thread and you licking Aiken's balls.

Mahdi
12-01-2009, 08:30 AM

I dont mind that Aiken went and became a receiver somewhere else. What bothers me is constantly having guys like Aiken, Jenkins, Johnson and Hardy watching games in shorts and a T-shirt when they can be contributing to the offense.

Someone please tell me why Parrish was activated again and put on PR??? He almost cost us the game AGAIN with a bone-head NON fair-catch, got drilled and fumbled but was lucky enough to regain control of the ball.

Why is this staff so reluctant to give Stevie and chance to play. He catches the ball when thrown to so I dont see the problem.

Was Hardy injured?

And I distinctly remember Jenkins EVERY pre-season making tough catches in traffic and getting drilled and still holding on. He is also 6'2 or so. Am I missing something?

trapezeus
12-01-2009, 08:33 AM
it is odd that a number of bills go to other teams and don't suck as much. Aiken isn't one of those guys. When a secondary has to focus on Moss and Welker, chances are you are going to get open.

Aiken never lined up with a stud WR core in buffalo and a future HOF QB throwing it to him.

Dicknoze69
12-01-2009, 08:53 AM
I thought it was fairly clear the Saints defense gameplan was to make someone other than Moss/Welker beat them and get some pressure on Brady. Obviously the Saints executed this pretty well.

So, through injuries to their other WRs, Aiken was naturally going to get a lot of balls last night.

hydro
12-01-2009, 08:58 AM
Aiken, Jim Leonard, Justin Bannan, coy wire, Jabari Greer, there is a long list of players who were mediocre to useless for us that have moved on to contribute to other teams. Jauron and his staff do not utilize talent well.

Agreed except for Jabari Greer. He didn't get a high paying contract because he was medicore...

DMBcrew36
12-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Aiken had Losman throwing to him here.
Aiken has Brady throwing to him in New England.

Pretty simple - receivers do better with a good QB

zone
12-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Aiken had his shot to replace Moulds and he couldn't do it. Just because he caught some balls last night doesn't mean we shouldn't have let him go. His is not a star receiver and never will be.

ParanoidAndroid
12-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Why is it every time a former Bills player has a decent game, someone starts a thread?

Players don't fit sometimes. Players come and go.

The number of players that find a place, pales in comparison to the number of players that leave and do nothing.

When was the last time Sam Aiken had a meaningful impact on a game?

We're getting production from Bryan Scott and Drayton Florence. We found a use for Jamon Meredith while the Packers, who also were suffering from O-line problems, did not utilize him.

Some players fit, some don't.

k-oneputt
12-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Just goes to show you again it's all about the qb and o-line.
You can always find good enough wr's and rb's.

DynaPaul
12-01-2009, 11:18 AM
New England can keep Sam Aiken and Sammy Morris. I'm not missing them.

soapman
12-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Sam Aikens is just Josh Reed minus the great hands. We didn't need two slow receivers.

Lexwhat
12-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Sam Aikens is just Josh Reed minus the great hands. We didn't need to slow receivers.

???????