PDA

View Full Version : How the Bills & Dolphins matchup....(in My Opinion)

WCoastFin
05-31-2003, 01:03 PM
I know this doesnt mean squat, and like it says, its just my opinion....

Matchup Adv
QB-Bledsoe v. Fiedler (Bills)
RB1-Henry v. Williams (Dolphins)
RB2-Gary v. Minor (Even)
FB-Gash v. Konrad (Dolphins)
TE1-Moore v. McMichael (Dolphins)
TE2-Campbell v. Battaglia (Even)
WR1-Moulds v. Chambers (Bills)
WR2-Reed v. McKnight (Even)
WR3-Shaw v. Thompson (Dolphins)
OT1-Williams v. Dixon (Even)-Barely
OT2-Jennings v. Wade (Dolphins)
OG1-Brown v. Perry (Even)
OG2-Sullivan v. Nails (Dolphins)
C-Teague v. Ruddy/McKinnie (Dolphins)

DT1-Williams v. Bowens (Even)
DT2-Adams v. Chester/Zgonina (Even)-Barely
DE1-Schobel v. Taylor (Dolphins)
DE2-Jones v. Ogunleye (Dolphins)
LB1-Fletcher v. Thomas (Dolphins)
LB2-Spikes v. Seau (Bills)
LB3-Posey v. Greenwood (Bills)-Barely
LB4-Spoon v. Moore (????????)
CB1-Clements v. Surtain (Dolphins)
CB2-Winfield v. Madison (Dolphins)
CB3-Sidney v. Buckley (Dolphins)
SS-Wire v. Knight (Dolphins)
FS-Prioleau v. Marion (Dolphins)

I got them down ...
Bills v. Dolphins
OFFENSE Bills-2 Dolphins-7 Evens-5
DEFENSE Bills-2 Dolphins-7 Evens-3 Unkonwns -1

don137
05-31-2003, 01:12 PM
:chuckle: Now that is some funny analysis. Where did you go to study football? Maybe the Pete Prisco school of Football Analysis.
The best was the Dolphins rate better in 3 out of 5 on the OL and even in the other 2 categories.:rofl: Your killing me here. I guess another example of fin fans showing there knowledge of the game...

Dozerdog
05-31-2003, 01:28 PM
Hey WestCoastPrisco-

Bizzare logic there.

So, a QB advantage =1 point, But a backup TE and a Backup RB = 2 points for the fins, even though they don't see 95% of the plays.....

Sullivan vs Nails- The guy the Bills DUMPED because he was fat and he sucked.

I'm not going to even try to continue with the rest of the comparisons- We would be better off testing ******s at the state school than listen to this fool.

baalworship
05-31-2003, 02:39 PM
Mike Williams vs Dixon = Even?

I don't get this one. Mike Williams is a RT. And he's way better than Dixon!

BillsOwnAll
05-31-2003, 03:11 PM
seriously why do you post? its a waste of time.

Alien (<>..<>)
05-31-2003, 03:36 PM
Just to continue with this non-sense

Matchup Adv

QB-Bledsoe - Fiedler - Pennington (Jets)
RB1-Henry - Williams - Martin (Jets)
RB2-Gary - Minor - Jordan (Bills)
FB-Gash - Konrad - Sowell (Dolphins)
TE1-Moore - McMichael - Becht (Dolphins)
TE2-Campbell - Battaglia - Baker (Even)
WR1-Moulds - Chambers - Chrebet (Bills)
WR2-Reed - McKnight - Conway (Bills)
WR3-Shaw - Thompson - Moss (Jets)
OT1-Williams - Dixon - Fabini (Jets)
OT2-Jennings - Wade - McKensie (????)
OG1-Brown - Perry - Szott (Jets)
OG2-Sullivan - ??? - Nutten (????)
C-Teague - Ruddy/McKinnie - Mawae (Jets)

DT1-Williams - Bowens - Evans (Bills)
DT2-Adams - Chester/Zgonina - Fergurson (Bills)
DE1-Schobel - Taylor - Abraham (Jets)
DE2-Jones - Ogunleye - Ellis (Dolphins)
LB1-Fletcher - Thomas - Cowart (Jets)
LB2-Spikes - Seau - Lewis (Bills)
LB3-Posey - Greenwood - Jones (Bills)
LB4-Spoon - Moore - Glenn (Jets)
CB1-Clements - Surtain - Beasley (Dolphins)
CB2-Winfield - Madison - Abraham (Dolphins)
CB3-Sidney - Buckley - Mickens (Dolphins)
SS-Wire - Knight - Garnes (Dolphins)
FS-Prioleau - Marion - MgGraw(Dolphins)

I didnt count but it seems Jets better on offence, the Bills better at WRs. Dolphins better on secundary as expected. And overall deffense is kind of even.

Tatonka
05-31-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

1. I know this doesnt mean squat

2. its just my opinion....

1. the best point of your post.

2. you need to finish that with ..... so it is completely flawed.

baalworship
05-31-2003, 04:33 PM
AFC East Positions:

QB:

1.Buffalo
2. Jersey
3.N England
4.Miami

WR's

1.Buffalo
2. N England
3. Jersey
4.Miami

RB

1.Miami
2. Buffalo
3. Jersey
4. N England

TE

1.Jersey
2. Miami
3. N England
4. Buffalo

Offensive Line

Pass-Protection

1. Jersey
2. Buffalo
3. N England
4. Miami

Run-Blocking

1. Miami
2. Buffalo
3.Jersey
4. N England

Defense

DT

1. Buffalo
2.Miami
3.Jersey
4. N England

DE

1.Miami
2.Jersey
3.N England
4. Buffalo

LB's

1. Buffalo
2. N England
3. Miami
4. Jersey

Safeties

1.N England
2. Miami
3. Jersey
4.Buffalo

CB's

1.Miami
2. Buffalo
3. N England
4. Jersey

Coaching

1. N England
2. Jersey
3. Buffalo
4. Miami

Front Office

1.Buffalo
2. N England
3. Miami
4. Jersey

Alien (<>..<>)
05-31-2003, 05:20 PM
Very funny Ballworship, but let me remind you that the Jets are form New York city not crappy jersey. Ok, they play there because of the lack of suitable place for a stadium in NY, but I hope that soon they'll move.

And I strongly disagree with your RB rating, Curtis Martin #3??? Maybe even with Ricky Williams at #1. Also Pennington should be #1.

Is funny but you rank us as #1 in TE's but I really don't like our starter TE (Betch) even tough he is a first round pick, I would give the edge to Miami.

HenryRules
05-31-2003, 05:26 PM
RB is the hardest thing to grade in our division ... it should almost be a 1A, 1B, 1C with Williams, Henry, and Martin in almost any order, and then Antowain Smith at #4.

hey
05-31-2003, 05:26 PM
i wish bill's fan would stop sayin they have the best o-line...in case you didnt notice you gave up 50+sacks.i would say the jets have the best o-line

BillsNYC
05-31-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Alien (&lt;&gt;..&lt;&gt;)
Very funny Ballworship, but let me remind you that the Jets are form New York city not crappy jersey. Ok, they play there because of the lack of suitable place for a stadium in NY, but I hope that soon they'll move.

And I strongly disagree with your RB rating, Curtis Martin #3??? Maybe even with Ricky Williams at #1. Also Pennington should be #1.

Is funny but you rank us as #1 in TE's but I really don't like our starter TE (Betch) even tough he is a first round pick, I would give the edge to Miami.

Pennington is no way #1...he hasn't even played a full season yet, and one quarterback from the afc east made the pro bowl last year, Drew Bledsoe. I'm not even sure if I'd put him in front of Brady, at least Brady has a full season under his belt AND has a SB ring.

I think Buffalo is tied with Jets at #2 for RB, true Martin is great, BUT Henry had a break-out season AND we signed Olandis Gary...plus drafted McGahee, so we have much deeper depth than the Jets.

I live in Manhattan, and I'm sorry, but calling them Jersey Jets is fully accurate here.

LarryBoy
05-31-2003, 05:33 PM
"QB-Bledsoe - Fiedler - Pennington (Jets) "

Buh-AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHH!!!

I agree the kid looks good, but saying hes better then a probowl QB based on a handfull of games is kinda dumb, IMO.

Alien (<>..<>)
05-31-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by BillsNYC

Pennington is no way #1...he hasn't even played a full season yet, and one quarterback from the afc east made the pro bowl last year, Drew Bledsoe. I'm not even sure if I'd put him in front of Brady, at least Brady has a full season under his belt AND has a SB ring.

I think Buffalo is tied with Jets at #2 for RB, true Martin is great, BUT Henry had a break-out season AND we signed Olandis Gary...plus drafted McGahee, so we have much deeper depth than the Jets.

I live in Manhattan, and I'm sorry, but calling them Jersey Jets is fully accurate here.

Ok, Pennington does not have a full season, but he showed great potential, let's wait and see.

I don't think McGahee gives you depht, since his knee is questionable and he's not even expected to play this season. We have Lamont Jordan who I didn't mention, but who is pretty good too.

Jersey Jets sounds awful! I dont live in NY but I've never heard that in the media or elsewhere....

if you want you can say: Jeysey Giants.... :priest:

HenryRules
05-31-2003, 05:46 PM
Jeysey Jints.

BillsFanInMass
05-31-2003, 06:03 PM
why do all these sucker dolphin and jets fans come here does there teams suck so bad that there website has nothing interesting on it.

BillsNYC
05-31-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanInMass
why do all these sucker dolphin and jets fans come here does there teams suck so bad that there website has nothing interesting on it.

i enjoy talking to other team fans. i refuse to be a-holes to them because thats how the fin fans were to me at finheaven and banned me for no reason. i REFUSE to sink to their level.

Alien (<>..<>)
05-31-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by BillsNYC

i enjoy talking to other team fans. i refuse to be a-holes to them because thats how the fin fans were to me at finheaven and banned me for no reason. i REFUSE to sink to their level.

Well said BillNYC!

Besides, sometimes talking to foes is more interesting.:bf1:

The Natrix
05-31-2003, 06:27 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt, RBs go:

1. Miami
2. Buffalo
3. Jersey
4. New England

hey
05-31-2003, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BillsFanInMass
[B]why do all these sucker dolphin and jets fans come here does there teams suck so bad that there website has nothing interesting on it.

i come here for the same reason all those bills fan come to finheaven...because I can!!!!!!!

dolfan25
05-31-2003, 08:10 PM
Abraham is better than Jason Taylor? please what a joke. Name me one aspect of Abraham's game that is better than Taylor's

WG
05-31-2003, 08:24 PM
LMAO

WC,

Bills 2-0
Fins 0-2

We'll see what happens this season, eh!

I only think Williams is better than Henry b/c he's been in the league longer and is what, 2, 3 years ahead of Henry? This year will be different as Henry will bust out! It'll be a close battle for who has more rushing yards unless Gilbride happens!

Tatonka
06-01-2003, 12:11 AM
judging from what i saw last season.. i would take pennington over bledsoe in a heartbeat. pennington singlehandly turned the jets shinking ship into a playoff team.

outtawack311
06-01-2003, 12:33 AM
Abraham is in no way even close to Taylor. No aspect of his game is in the same league...

Whoa whoa....did that guy put Martin infront of Ricky?!?!?!?! After the breakout season Ricky had there is no question as to who is the best running back out of those 4.

Dozerdog
06-01-2003, 01:49 AM
Welcome to the Zone!

Ricky had the best statistical season, but If I had to pick a RB for an imaginary team I'd take a healthy Martin or Henry over Ricky. He's a time bomb ready to blow.

BillsFanInMass
06-01-2003, 08:34 AM
I think if Henry got the ball 30 - 35 times a game he would break all of Thurmans records. He is such a punishing running back he would wear down the other teams defense. Then use mcgahee in the fourth when the D all has there hands on there hips gasping for air > That of coarse when his Knee is healed like week 10 or so. With our defense we have now we could easily run 40 + times a game IMO.

Stewie
06-01-2003, 11:10 AM
Very funny Ballworship, but let me remind you that the Jets are form New York city not crappy jersey.

Umm... No. They are from jersey, thats where they play. The Jets don't even have any team offices in NY.

Tatonka
06-01-2003, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by paulB

Umm... No. They are from jersey, thats where they play. The Jets don't even have any team offices in NY.

thank you for pointing this out..

a jersey fan in denial.. rofl.:movie:

Jan Reimers
06-01-2003, 11:28 AM
I'm an SU guy and a PSU hater, but Konrad over Gash? Sure, Rob could be a better player, but he is totally underutilized in Miami. In their traditional blocking roles, I'll take Sam.

Alien (<>..<>)
06-01-2003, 11:48 AM

Do the bills play exactly in downtown Buffalo? no, then should they be called the Orchard Park Bills?.....:badboy:

baalworship
06-01-2003, 12:11 PM
They play in a suburb of Buffalo, NY. The Jets play in suburb of NYC, but in a different state.

Actually, I would love to see the Bills have a stadium downtown some day. They should also have UB downtown as well. Buffalo is dying because of poor decisions like these.

BillsNYC
06-01-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by baalworship
They play in a suburb of Buffalo, NY. The Jets play in suburb of NYC, but in a different state.

Exactly, Jersey is a whole different state, at least profits from RWS go to New York State and Buffalo, which Pataki has numerous times said "The Bills are the only NY team!"

Also, the Jets play in GIANTS STADIUM, which would be bad enough considering its RIGHT next door to the arena which houses the NEW JERSEY NETS and the NEW JERSEY DEVILS.

Bert102176
06-01-2003, 12:33 PM
Alien (<>..<>) they play in Jersey then there a jersey team wanting to be a NY team. They really are NJ Jets that are wanna be's nothing more.

Alien (<>..<>)
06-01-2003, 12:33 PM
Ok, take a look at the Jets' future stadium, right on Manhattan!

BillsNYC
06-01-2003, 12:43 PM
Ok, take a look at the Jets' future stadium, right on Manhattan!

hasn't been approved yet...guliani pushed for it but was voted down, and bloomberg is making so many cuts that i doubt it will be approved any time soon...

Alien (<>..<>)
06-01-2003, 12:49 PM
Hey BillsNYC, how do I put a picture in my post? I tried in the previous one but it didn't work....

Alien (<>..<>)
06-01-2003, 01:13 PM
Ok, here is the picture.....

Patrick76777
06-02-2003, 07:53 AM
I’m so sick of hearing how great the Fins DB’s are, when we tear them apart each and every time we play them. They seem very average to me.

dolfan25
06-02-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by don137
:The best was the Dolphins rate better in 3 out of 5 on the OL and even in the other 2 categories.:rofl: Your killing me here. I guess another example of fin fans showing there knowledge of the game...

I guess a thousand yards more rushing and 30 less sacks given up don't account for much then.

Kicker22705
06-02-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
I know this doesnt mean squat, and like it says, its just my opinion....

Matchup Adv
QB-Bledsoe v. Fiedler (Bills)
RB1-Henry v. Williams (Dolphins)
RB2-Gary v. Minor (Even)
FB-Gash v. Konrad (Dolphins)
TE1-Moore v. McMichael (Dolphins)
TE2-Campbell v. Battaglia (Even)
WR1-Moulds v. Chambers (Bills)
WR2-Reed v. McKnight (Even)
WR3-Shaw v. Thompson (Dolphins)
OT1-Williams v. Dixon (Even)-Barely
OT2-Jennings v. Wade (Dolphins)
OG1-Brown v. Perry (Even)
OG2-Sullivan v. Nails (Dolphins)
C-Teague v. Ruddy/McKinnie (Dolphins)

DT1-Williams v. Bowens (Even)
DT2-Adams v. Chester/Zgonina (Even)-Barely
DE1-Schobel v. Taylor (Dolphins)
DE2-Jones v. Ogunleye (Dolphins)
LB1-Fletcher v. Thomas (Dolphins)
LB2-Spikes v. Seau (Bills)
LB3-Posey v. Greenwood (Bills)-Barely
LB4-Spoon v. Moore (????????)
CB1-Clements v. Surtain (Dolphins)
CB2-Winfield v. Madison (Dolphins)
CB3-Sidney v. Buckley (Dolphins)
SS-Wire v. Knight (Dolphins)
FS-Prioleau v. Marion (Dolphins)

I got them down ...
Bills v. Dolphins
OFFENSE Bills-2 Dolphins-7 Evens-5
DEFENSE Bills-2 Dolphins-7 Evens-3 Unkonwns -1

why are we matching up bledsoe vs fieldler, ricky vs henry, etc when they are never gonna play eachother???

Why not moulds vs Surtain, Jennings vs Taylor, etc???

EricStratton
06-02-2003, 01:45 PM

Actually the Jets offices are Hempstead out on Long Island.

With the current budget issues I have a hard time thinking the Jets will get a building in Manhattan unless the Olympics they get the Olympics and then that shuts you out until after 2012.

Patrick76777
06-02-2003, 01:52 PM
The fins stink. Too small.

Phins054
06-02-2003, 03:04 PM
I find it funny how we are already getting worked up into who is the best at this position against who cares. The only thing that matters is what T-E-A-M plays best on Sunday. Last year the Bills were the better team on the 2 Sundays we played them.

I for one am curious to see if defensively we can slow down the Bledsoe to Moulds bomb show while Ricky averages (approx) 170+ yds a game against the Bills. But most of all I just want to see Miami win a SB.

TedMock
06-03-2003, 11:55 AM
I'm not a Jets fan but if I was I sure as hell wouldn't want the Stadium in Manhattan. That leaves little room for parking. Who wants to "train it" to a football game? That kills the great tradition of the tailgate. Not to mention, The Giants are the favorite child there. If anything move out to the Island where there are more Jets fans than Giant fans. Those people deserve it more. F the city anyway. They're still in debt and now they want to build football and olympic stadiums on tax money and while they're at it keeping the tolls on the NYS throughway.

don137
06-03-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by dolfan25

I guess a thousand yards more rushing and 30 less sacks given up don't account for much then.
How many more times did Miami run the ball and how many more balls did Buffalo throw? Add in that Bledsoe is not as mobile as Fielder and you get the difference but I guess you forget to look at the obvious. Both teams averaged 5.3 yards per offensive play which is a more accurate stat.

dolfan25
06-03-2003, 10:57 PM
How the hell is that a more meaningful stat when it comes to the offensive line? Oh and I guess the Bills didn't have more dangerous receivers who helped increase their yards per play. Talk about not seing the obvious. Try buying a clue Don, when offensive lines are evaluated it is based on 2 things. How they block for a RB and how they pass protect. That's it. All your little smoke and mirrors games don't mean ****. Geez talk about arguing for the sake of arguing. That is 1 clueless reply.

If you project the stats even with the Bills having the same number of rushing attempts as the Fins they would have more than 300 yds. less and the Bills gave up a sack once out of every 11 attempts while the Fins gave up 1 every 18 attempts.

Oh and I guess Bledsoe doesn't have a quicker release than Fiedler or Lucas. Right Don.

SABURZFAN
06-05-2003, 08:14 PM
that's really funny Wheat toast.your knowledge of football needs work but you have a promising career as a comedian.