Thank you, Dolphins, for choosing Culpepper instead of Brees...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeInRoch
    • Sep 2003

Thank you, Dolphins, for choosing Culpepper instead of Brees...

If you remember, they turned down Brees in favor of Daunte. What a difference that would have made...
    Last edited by MikeInRoch; 12-01-2009, 08:27 AM.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: Thank you, Dolphins, for choosing Culpepper instead of Brees...

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

I thought he turned them down?

Comment

• Dicknoze69
          Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
          I thought he turned them down?
          The Dolphins doctors were scared off by Brees' shoulder injury and they decided they'd rather trade a 2nd rounder for Culpepper.

Frankly, I'm still amazed a young Pro Bowl QB hit the free agent market and only two teams were seriously interested.

God give me style and give me grace
          God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Static
            The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
            • Jul 2005

another great Saban choice.

Comment

• Griff
              • Jul 2008

to be fair though, Brees wouldn't have the weapons in Miami he has in New Orleans. They built a pretty good team down there.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Griff
                to be fair though, Brees wouldn't have the weapons in Miami he has in New Orleans. They built a pretty good team down there.
                Brees is making everyone look like Larry Fitzgerald.

I think Felton Huggins would have 5-7 TDs with Brees.

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

The Historian bumped FTP's Ode to Duante thread in the No-TOS Zone as an homage to this thread!

Comment

• DynaPaul
                    • Sep 2003

I said that was a mistake when it happened. Banking on Daunte Culpepper set them back about 5 years.

Comment

• Miami_Vice
                      • Aug 2003

haha your welcome!

But seriously, the Fins have actually pasted on Brees TWICE. The first time was in the draft, where our brillant front office picked Jamar Fletcher and passed on Brees(who was picked in the 2nd round I believe).

Whats even more mindboggling about that Fletcher pick was that we already had Surtain and Madison as two shut down corners but our excellent coaching staff wanted some more secondary backup.

I am not even sure if Jamar Fletcher is still in the NFL. I think he is working the late shift at White Castler now or something..

Comment

• DBrown77
                        Watching the Bills suck since 1999
                        • Mar 2005

I was talking to my wife about that while watching MNF

Comment

• BillsWin
                          man amongst boys
                          • Oct 2008

I doubt that Dolphins staff would have put Brees in a situation like he has in New Orleans. A solid offensive line, spread attack, great wide receivers. Almost the perfect playbook and personnel for a QB like Brees.

BREES is in fact the one who is lucky the Dolphins turned him down. In my opinion.
                          I am The Batman.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                            If you remember, they turned down Brees in favor of Daunte. What a difference that would have made...
                            Hey, probably the only post you've had that made any sense. I agree, the Phins f**ked that one up. But hey, the Bills could've signed him too and didn't...just another example of how badly this team needs a house cleaning.

Comment

• Demon
                              • Mar 2003

Ah, the great game of "what if".

Not only he doesn't have the talent as New Orleans has, but like a poster above said, that is debatable because he does make several nobodies look great, such as Colston and Moore. He does have some big weapons though in Henderson and Meachem. The other difference is, what style of football would they play? Sean Payton plays the spread offense in NO, very similar to what they do in college and they used it ALL night on Monday and Brees was playing from shutgun almost ALL night.... and they tore apart the Patriots. It's interesting to know, how well (or poor) Brees would play if he wasn't in the spread.

On a seperate topic, teams that use the spread offense in the NFL are finding more and more success. Once, the theory of spread offense was unheard of to use in the NFL, but now it's becoming successful. Will the trent contineau? I just saw a statistic on ESPN NFL Live, in 2004 24% of all throwing plays were from shutgun..... in 2008 the number jumped to 46%. As of Tuesday, this season, 56% of all throwing plays are from shutgun.
                              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X