PDA

View Full Version : I'm rooting for Wins

Bufftp
12-01-2009, 08:49 AM
The Bills have a decade of a culture of losing. With the coaching change we have a fresh start and an opportunity to start a culture of winning. Winning is more than talent it's a mindset. We need some of our young developing players to devolp that attitude. Now!

The King
12-01-2009, 08:52 AM
:hi5:

DBrown77
12-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Thank God someone is. Your not a fan if you root for your team to lose to get a better draft pick.

justasportsfan
12-01-2009, 09:48 AM
after watching the team the last 2 games, it's starting to look like we've had the talent all along but not the right brains. I'll enjoy the wins.

MidnightVoice
12-01-2009, 10:16 AM
The Bills have a decade of a culture of losing. With the coaching change we have a fresh start and an opportunity to start a culture of winning. Winning is more than talent it's a mindset. We need some of our young developing players to devolp that attitude. Now!

I hate to agree with you, but...........

You may be right. :D

Dr. Lecter
12-01-2009, 10:25 AM

I might have to bookmark this post............

MidnightVoice
12-01-2009, 10:32 AM
I might have to bookmark this post............

It was a hard post to write :D

DraftBoy
12-01-2009, 10:39 AM
The fact is we all know change is coming, so rooting for losses is not about rooting for change. That's coming whether we win or lose, so its just twisted logic.

djjimkelly
12-01-2009, 10:48 AM
i know im gonna get bashed for what i'm about to write however........

not does losing help us with how low our pick is in round 1 it helps in every other round.

the difference between picking 6th or 12th in the 2nd round is huge becuz maybe a 1st round talent drops into round 2. or someone we like is still there late first and its less compensation to move up to get him.

thats not saying i want to trade up or anything. but for the right guy anyone would.

next the 3rd round is day 2 of the draft a few guys will be on the board for round 3 that draft pundits didnt think would be there. we have a beteer shot with a lower pick.

while i agree the culture here must change its not gonna be these coaches or half these players changing it so wins are meaningless.

a chance at a franchise qb is not!!!!

Historian
12-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Classic Ted:

A day late, and a dollar short.

Nighthawk
12-01-2009, 12:28 PM
The fact is we all know change is coming, so rooting for losses is not about rooting for change. That's coming whether we win or lose, so its just twisted logic.

So you know for a fact that Fewell won't be the HC and that they will then hire a respected GM??? Really?

Bufftp
12-01-2009, 12:58 PM

You may be surprised at how often we do agree. Even in the spinzone.....
Life changes us, Life has been changing me the last few years.

Dr. Lecter
12-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Classic Ted:

A day late, and a dollar short.

Yet, he still beat you to the punch.

Typ0
12-01-2009, 01:01 PM
I am rooting for wins because that is the only enjoyable thing to root for. Losing all the time destroys all the fun in it really.

zone
12-01-2009, 01:04 PM
You would have to be a mental midget to root for the Bills to lose to get a better drafting position. News flash the draft is a complete crap shoot drafting position means nothing!

DraftBoy
12-01-2009, 01:08 PM
So you know for a fact that Fewell won't be the HC and that they will then hire a respected GM??? Really?

Nope I know we will have a new HC next season. That is change, is it not?

BillsWin
12-01-2009, 01:10 PM
I don't root for losses. I just realize that if we lose, it actually can help the team draft wise. Ill celebrate wins though and root for the Bills to win, but when youre out of playoff contention wins have no real meaning other than making us feel good until the next loss. Either way, GO BILLS! I hate the Jets. I wouldn't be pissed with a win at all!

BillsWin
12-01-2009, 01:12 PM
And if you think Im not a real fan you are an absolute moron because I have bled, sweat and teared Bills football since I was born.

Historian
12-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Yet, he still beat you to the punch.

How so?

This was discussed ad nauseum yesterday.

Raptor
12-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Thank God someone is. Your not a fan if you root for your team to lose to get a better draft pick.

So rooting for and supporting mediocrity is what a Bills fan is? No wonder this franchise has sucked for 10 years

I'm sorry that I want my team to be in a better position to acquire the talent it needs to turn this thing around and actually make it to the playoffs. Sorry I'm not into this short term goal **** that has plagued this franchise for over a decade. If you think for a second that we are a lock to change no matter how this season turns out then you haven't been following this team for the past decade.

Oh and on the topic of this thread, I've heard this same little diatribe about creating a culture of winning by winning a couple meaningless games at the end of the season that do nothing but drop us out of position to get elite talent in the draft and get us no farther to the playoffs...Sorry but that whole theory is a complete crock of ****. You want to create a culture of winning then you do that by getting to the playoffs year after year. Not by beating the pathetic Dolphins that does ZERO for this franchise making the playoffs this year or next

Jan Reimers
12-02-2009, 09:17 AM
The concept of losing as a key to future success abslotely confounds me.

WeAreArthurMoates
12-02-2009, 09:40 AM
The only time I was seriously rooting to lose was when Jauron was still here. I loathed the man and just wanted him gone. I'm hoping for wins so Perry can keep his job. With two good experienced coordinators and a good football guy as a GM Perry could be a hell of a coach.

BertSquirtgum
12-02-2009, 10:27 AM
i agree. if the bills get a new coach it's not good for the players to already have a losing mentality.

Raptor
12-03-2009, 08:44 AM
i agree. if the bills get a new coach it's not good for the players to already have a losing mentality.

Newsflash!! They already do and winning a few meaningless games at the end of the year is not going to change that and I have 10 years worth of meaningless end of the year victories to back up my point. The only way to get rid of that mentality is to make the playoffs

thenry20
12-03-2009, 03:51 PM

Unless one can guarantee that said pick will be a HOF type player. I'm not God so I'll pull for wins every week.

tampabay25690
12-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Of course most of us are rooting for wins its the BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO BILLS.