PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Ernie Sims?

psubills62
12-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Obviously this point will be moot if we change coaches and change schemes, but it's interesting that they mentioned us specifically (per rotoworld.com)

Lions beat writer Brian VanOchten suggests that Ernie Sims may be "expendable" after the season due to the play of rookie LB DeAndre Levy.

Levy's technique is still a bit raw, but he's been much more productive than Sims. Sims has also battled injuries all season. Sims would be an intriguing trade candidate for Tampa 2 teams in the offseason. The Bills, in particular, could use a hard-hitting, young weak-side linebacker.

IF we happen to keep this scheme (God forbid), would you want him?

Forward_Lateral
12-01-2009, 10:10 AM
He's good, when healthy. He's also one concussion away from being Troy Aikman'd.

DraftBoy
12-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Lots of risk in taking on Sims. Id only move a 5th Rounder for him.

djjimkelly
12-01-2009, 10:50 AM
we wont be playing cover 2 next year thats all i know

bigbub2352
12-01-2009, 11:23 AM
trade Parrish for him straight up

ddaryl
12-01-2009, 11:27 AM
we wont be playing cover 2 next year thats all i know

If Perry gets the HC job you can guarentee he will run it, which is why I really don't care if we win anymore games this year... Can't have a reason to keep that scheme....

Nighthawk
12-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Obviously this point will be moot if we change coaches and change schemes, but it's interesting that they mentioned us specifically (per rotoworld.com)

IF we happen to keep this scheme (God forbid), would you want him?

If we keep this scheme, it means that we kept Fewell and that is not a good thing.