PDA

View Full Version : What is more important right now?

homeslice5484
12-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Hire a GM?

Hire a coach?

I believe we need to hire a GM ASAP to begin evaluation the talent we have, the talent we need, and the talent that is out there. He needs time to reassemble the football dept from college scouting to FA scouting.

Once the season is over, that guy would then interview head coaches, including Fewell and decide who would work best with him and fits what we want to accomplish.

I think the bills are doing things backwards, as usual. They are putting all their eggs in one basket hoping Shanahan will do both roles, which I am not so sure is a good idea. We need the GM and coach to be separate.

kernowboy
12-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Completely agree - a man can't wear two hats easily.

But not a veteran GM but a young guy like Eric DeCosta ready to make their mark

ddaryl
12-01-2009, 12:11 PM
If we hire a big name coach I expect that coach to get SOME GM duties liek talent evaluations, FA pickups and draft picks

Leaving the contract negotiations with Russ

If we are not hiring one of the big name coaches who have an eye for talent then there is no doubt we need a GM

Dicknoze69
12-01-2009, 12:12 PM
I've been saying all along that our real problem is our front office personnel. As bad as Jauron & Co. have been, there's no doubt our talent acquisition has been subpar for 10+ years.

elltrain22
12-01-2009, 12:18 PM
A good GM will immediately (& hopefully) do 2 things right off the bat.

1. fire Modrak & Guy
2. hire a respectable coach

yordad
12-01-2009, 12:23 PM
I don't think it matters too much. These days you can have the coach pick your GM or your GM pick your coach. As long as we know who to point at when the draft picks suck, it doesn't really matter.

Nighthawk
12-01-2009, 12:25 PM
The only reason that I can think of why a GM hasn't been hired is a) they're waiting for Shanhan or Cowher or b) they're interested in somebody from another team and those individuals can't be talked to until after the season.