PDA

View Full Version : What if I don't get NFL network???

yordad
12-01-2009, 02:22 PM
I heard this Thursday's game can be seen on NFL.com. Any truth to that?? Or any suggestions?

Dr. Pepper
12-01-2009, 02:24 PM
bar?

yordad
12-01-2009, 02:25 PM
bar?Yeah, that is my last option. But, I would rather watch it at home.

MikeInRoch
12-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Depends on where you are. My understanding is that in Rochester you are screwed. In Buffalo it's on local TV.

Dicknoze69
12-01-2009, 02:27 PM
It's on Channel 7 (WKBW) locally. At least, they're promoting the hell out of it being on Channel 7 and moving around other programs. They wouldn't do this if they weren't televising it. Additionally, the game is sold out.

I assume they purchased the rights to it from the NFL Network.

BlackMetalNinja
12-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Well, as I understand it, if you're in the Buffalo market, the game should also be shown on a local broadcast station... though that's subject to black out rules, and I'm not sure how that's handled for a game in Toronto.

As for it being shown online, I think I heard mention of that in some capacity during last week's game, but I'm not entirely sure about it.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-01-2009, 02:31 PM
I live in the NYC so they will play the game on regular tv since it is Jet country.

SabreEleven
12-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Get NFL Network?

DynaPaul
12-01-2009, 03:44 PM
I say we all start threatening our cable companies. Enough already! The only reason why they don't carry the NFL network is because the NFL will not let them charge for it and they all want to add it to an extra sports tier that you'd have to pay extra for.

BertSquirtgum
12-01-2009, 04:42 PM
i recommend going to a bar and get drunk like i'm going to do.

cocamide
12-01-2009, 05:01 PM
justin.tv or channelsurfing.net will probably have it.

Block "O"
12-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Ill never understand watching a football game on a computer?? Go to a bar. Pump money into the economy.

Luisito23
12-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Pump money into the economy.

Why?...Besides, it's much cheaper, and convenient watching it in your computer and discussing the game here.

Block "O"
12-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Why?...Besides, it's much cheaper, and convenient watching it in your computer and discussing the game here.
Meh, Im more of a big screen HDTV watching the Bills game in my Bills room...but to each their own brother. BTW I don't know any football fan who doesn't have the NFL network, thats craziness!!!

BertSquirtgum
12-01-2009, 07:25 PM
we used to have direct tv but it blows because every time there is a storm the tv goes out. we've missed many shows and games because of this. not worth having the nfl network to deal with that bull****.

psubills62
12-01-2009, 08:24 PM
I've found that when a game is on NFL Network, it is also "on" NFL.com. That means that they'll play part of the game, but alternately cut to some commentators even while the game is still being played. So you'll get to see about half of the actual game.

I'd recommend finding it online elsewhere.

Block "O"
12-01-2009, 08:35 PM
we used to have direct tv but it blows because every time there is a storm the tv goes out. we've missed many shows and games because of this. not worth having the nfl network to deal with that bull****.

Thats sucks, where do you live? I've had DTV for 3 years and I think it only went out once and that was a really bad storm.

life of faith
12-01-2009, 08:53 PM
I just added the NFL network and redzone channel for $1.99 a month. You can't possibly spend a better $2 then that. Redzone is awesome because you see every TD for every game live....

Typ0
12-01-2009, 09:15 PM

your dish wasn't pointed right or there was something in the way.

Pinkerton Security
12-01-2009, 09:20 PM
go to a bar and s*** on all the Jets fans around you when we win...

o wait thats what im gonna do.

thenry20
12-01-2009, 09:30 PM
How did NBC procure the rights to stream the Sunday night games online? You can watch via NBCSports.com or NFL.com. Why are they the only network allowed to do this?

BertSquirtgum
12-01-2009, 10:21 PM
your dish wasn't pointed right or there was something in the way.
i live in ransomville. there is nothing but farm fields around me. nothing could have been blocking the dish. i like direct tv a lot but with us missing some of our favorite shows due to this we said **** them. we called and called, they said there was nothing they could do.

BertSquirtgum
12-01-2009, 11:16 PM
and just so everyone knows the game will be on channel 7 because it's sold out.

Meathead
12-02-2009, 12:02 AM
:lolpoint: yor

Beastie Bills
12-02-2009, 07:33 AM
I heard this Thursday's game can be seen on NFL.com. Any truth to that?? Or any suggestions?

What cable provider do you have? Time Warner, DishNetwork, DirectTV, or none of the above?

Mad Bomber
12-02-2009, 07:38 AM
BTW I don't know any football fan who doesn't have the NFL network, thats craziness!!!

Cablevision doesn't carry the NFL network.

BertSquirtgum
12-02-2009, 09:56 AM
the game will be on channel 7

Typ0
12-02-2009, 10:07 AM
i live in ransomville. there is nothing but farm fields around me. nothing could have been blocking the dish. i like direct tv a lot but with us missing some of our favorite shows due to this we said **** them. we called and called, they said there was nothing they could do.

Then the dish must have been off. Did you have it professionally installed? I find it hard to believe they just blew you off as the service is the same everywhere in the hemisphere. We used to have more trouble with an older dish and I think the distance of the cable run also makes a difference. But we have only once lost reception for a couple seconds in the last few years with the slimline dish.

yordad
12-02-2009, 10:19 AM
What cable provider do you have? Time Warner, DishNetwork, DirectTV, or none of the above?Time Warner.

northernbillfan
12-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Another good reason to live in Canada. While the NFL network blacks out the games up here, we have Sportsnet carrying all the the Thursday games, in HD too.

Another good reason to live in Canada: We can go the bar, cheer for the Bills and get into a fight with all the Jets fans and get FREE treatment at the hospital.

Typ0
12-02-2009, 10:20 AM
actually, if you have your dish right there will be a lot more outages with cable than with the dish.

Beastie Bills
12-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Time Warner.

Oh, well the reason I asked is because I have DishNetwork. I have the Top100 package (the cheapest one), which doesn't carry NFL Network, but they are giving us NFL Network for free until Christmas.

But I guess with Time Warner, you're out of luck.

northernbillfan
12-02-2009, 10:31 AM
actually, if you have your dish right there will be a lot more outages with cable than with the dish.Bolt it down nice and tight and everything will be fine.

Or move to Canada where we have neither dish issues or cable outages.

BertSquirtgum
12-02-2009, 10:40 AM
i'm not allowed in canada

trapezeus
12-02-2009, 11:19 AM
I hate time warner cable. they absolutely suck.

But in this case for NFL network, it's not really their fault. The NFL is charging them more than the going rate. TW said they'll pay it, but it'll go on a sports premium tier and pass that cost on to their customers. Well, the NFL hates that because it puts them in violation of their anti-trust exemption of providing free games.

The NFL i think is to blame for this. TW isn't caving and the NFL knows what potential fall out they can get if their channel is charged (I have no idea why that becomes a big issue but Directv NFL package is ok). It's unbelieveable that the NFL can get away with taking 1 game off the tv a week and claiming they are the victims. All primetime games should be on networks that signed their mega deals.

When i was on vacation last month, my hotel had the NFL network. and it wa the first time i got to see it. the channel is awesome and i hate that i can't get it. From the fast forward showings of games, to showing classic games, and film review, it's an amazing channel.

mikemac2001
12-02-2009, 03:59 PM
I'll be watching it from home on my 60 inch with beer and chicken wing pizza go bills go directv

Tailspin
12-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Time Warner.I live in Hamlin New York surrounded by farms and only had trouble with reception during an ice storm. Direct TV has been good to me for football and NHL center ice !

Typ0
12-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Bolt it down nice and tight and everything will be fine.

Or move to Canada where we have neither dish issues or cable outages.

that will keep it in place but it has to be pointed right in the first place. I just can't believe a directv installer was sent out there and they did it half assed and then blew them off.

Bravo82
12-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Meh, Im more of a big screen HDTV watching the Bills game in my Bills room...but to each their own brother. BTW I don't know any football fan who doesn't have the NFL network, thats craziness!!!

you turned your dorm room into a Bills room??? :scratch:

Some rich kids in here http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg137/bravo_82/sasmokin.gif

Demon
12-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Ill never understand watching a football game on a computer?? Go to a bar. Pump money into the economy.

Seriously. Go out and have some fun. Call a few friends, and get drunk and eat some wings!

BertSquirtgum
12-02-2009, 10:41 PM
that will keep it in place but it has to be pointed right in the first place. I just can't believe a directv installer was sent out there and they did it half assed and then blew them off.
believe this. the direct tv installer stole 750$ from one of our clothes drawers. it just so happened the day direct tv was installed was the day we got paid and the money in the drawer was counted. missing 750$. called the sheriffs and they were a joke. so we called the troopers, they finger printed the drawers. then lied to the dick sucking peice of manur that stole the money, saying they actually found prints when they didn't and the turd fessed up. you know what direct tv gave us for this? ONE FREE MONTH. oh thanks guys. i don't really like direct tv too much. we gave it a chance for a year and went back to cable. cable pays our cancelation fee from direct tv.

BilldFaninVA
12-02-2009, 11:31 PM
I apologize if this has been mentioned before (truly do) however, (apparently, and correct me if i am wrong), nfl.com will be showing this free online because it is a thursday night game. I'm a noob(easy on me so if i am wrong I apologize)

Again correct me if i'm wrong http://www.nfl.com/ on the top (in red) says jets vs bills live 8pm. So i think, I think we can view it for free.

Go light on me fellas :)

djjimkelly
12-03-2009, 12:36 AM

im gonna be funny for a second

you dont have nfl network your not a fan lol

Stewie
12-03-2009, 07:34 AM
www.nfl.com/live

will carry the game