• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Bills/Colts at home

I love Peyton Manning, he's playing awesome, but...
    More than half of their games were very close and ify. (I picked them every time to win so far, but was unsure so many times if they could even pull off the win). With the Bills gelling w/Fewell & Fitz, and their ability to pick off passes, I don't feel it's impossible to beat them.
    I can't say we'll lose for sure, and I can't say we'll win for sure, because I feel it'll be one of those ify games again. As of right now, what do you think?
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Bills/Colts at home

Right now I think that game is a long way away.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
      Knows More Than You
      • Feb 2004

I think it would be sweet if they came in undefeated and we were able to take them down in this game. Anything is possible...we had this chance in 07 when we played the Pats on SNF at home...and...well...we didnt make it happen.

Don't get me wrong I like the colts and Peyton, but it would still be cool to see.
      BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Jersey1031
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
        I think it would be sweet if they came in undefeated and we were able to take them down in this game. Anything is possible...we had this chance in 07 when we played the Pats on SNF at home...and...well...we didnt make it happen.

Don't get me wrong I like the colts and Peyton, but it would still be cool to see.

then we can make shirts that say...

Indianapolis Colts

15 -
        Last edited by Jersey1031; 12-02-2009, 09:47 AM.
        "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• realdealryan
          realdealrex
          • Nov 2005

I like the separation and how they can possibly clinch home field early.

Bill Polian, on his show Monday night, said that if there is nothing to gain, players will sit. He cited two situations. The first was a 1999 week 17 game at Buffalo where they were expecting the Jags to win and take home field advantage (I think), so they were only going to play their starters for some of the time, etc etc...
          Well, Cornelius Bennett was the "lynchpin" in their defense that one year, according to Polian, and he went down with a knee in that game and Bill said he'd never forget the entire situation. The other thing he mentioned was how Thurman and several Bills would sit week 17 to stay healthy for the playoffs. He has never believed in momentum and the Bills made it all of the way through the playoffs 4 years straight and the title game 5 out of 6.

I have a feeling we will be facing Matt Painter for at least a half. Kind of like the preseason game from several years ago where Peyton started the game and planned on playing a few series'. Then he was laid out by Spikes or someone on the third play. They changed their mind immediately.

Comment

• G Wolly
            • Mar 2004

Indy is well in control of the AFC and home field at this point. By the time we play them all their starters will play a quarter at most to be healthy for the playoffs.

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

They will be resting their starters at that point. They've made it clear they aren't going for 16-0, and they should have home field advantage locked up easily by that point.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• G Wolly
                • Mar 2004

The Colts have nothing to play for in the last few weeks bu the Saints still have to fight off the Vikings who are behind by just one game.

I'd love to see the undefeated Colts play the undefeated Saints in the SB though. Most hyped game EVER.

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by G Wolly
                  The Colts have nothing to play for in the last few weeks bu the Saints still have to fight off the Vikings who are behind by just one game.

I'd love to see the undefeated Colts play the undefeated Saints in the SB though. Most hyped game EVER.
                  Agreed, that would be pretty sweet. Plus it would really take the wind out of the sails of the Patriots' 18-1 season and the 1972 Dolphins.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Prov401
                    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                    • Aug 2008

The Pats already did the whole 16-0 thing, so Indy wouldn't be doing something that hasn't been done already. I think they rather go 14-2 or 15-1 with a Superbowl title, rather than 18-1.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Peyton will likely play a quarter against us and roll up a 14-3 or so lead.

Sorgi will then come in to play game manager and likely take the Colts to one score.

Figure a 21-17ish type of game.

We however could win this game if the offense gets in any kind of sync.

Comment

• realdealryan
                        realdealrex
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

Sorgi will then come in to play game manager and likely take the Colts to one score.

If Freeney and Mathis sit then we go OFF. With Freeney out this past week and bringing 1-2 linebackers they have been very vulnerable. Just like the Patriots without Seymour. Just like us for the last decade.

Comment

• Demon
                          • Mar 2003

Colts will lose this weekend to the Titans.

Despite what Fewell says, it's gonna be Jim Sorgi vs. Brian Brohm. Not that it will matter, backup RB, rookie Donald Brown will have a career day, 120 yards, 2TD in a rout by the Colts.
                          Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Demon
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

They havn't had any sync in a year and a half, what makes you think things will all of a sudden change? We finally win a game and now people think we can beat the Colts? LOL
                            Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

There are so many tix left that if you buy a jersey at the pro shop, you get a free pair to the game, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X