PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush for next year?

McBFLO
12-02-2009, 07:43 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/01/2009-could-be-reggie-bushs-last-year-in-new-orleans/

Just a thought. If Parrish is gone, and if we deal Lynch (or even if we don't), he might be worth a look. He'd give us a great PR/KR and be a dangerous change of pace to backup Fred (and maybe Lynch too). Plus we could throw him in the slot, move him around, etc.

He might command too much money, but I think he'd be worth a look.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2009, 07:44 AM
No thanks he is a bust.

hydro
12-02-2009, 07:53 AM
NO

k-oneputt
12-02-2009, 08:41 AM
And I can remember just a few years ago many yelling that Bush should have been the #1 pick over Mario Williams. You know who you are.
Rb's get used and abused quickly in the league. Williams will probably play another ten years.

Jan Reimers
12-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Bush is a gadget player who would not be a suitable replacement for Lynch. And we have plenty of good returners already. We need solid players, not overhyped part timers.

BertSquirtgum
12-02-2009, 09:54 AM
he has been plagued with injury. no thank you.

G Wolly
12-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Trading Lynch's spot to Bush isn't improving or even making things worse.

SABURZFAN
12-02-2009, 10:26 AM
he's more worried about trying to make highlights rather than helping a football team. no thanks.

G Wolly
12-02-2009, 10:47 AM
The only thing he has going for him is that he can leap 6 yards out to score a TD.

HAMMER
12-02-2009, 10:55 AM
If I get to see more of Kim Kardashian I'm all for it.

TacklingDummy
12-02-2009, 10:58 AM
If he came cheap I wouldn't be against it.

trapezeus
12-02-2009, 12:28 PM
what teams do you think are going to run to reggie? curious on who the top suitors are. basically washington and dallas as always?

PECKERWOOD
12-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Are you kidding? Of course, I'd take Reggie Bush. He is an upgrade over Marshawn, Josh Reed and Roscoe Parrish.

PECKERWOOD
12-02-2009, 12:29 PM
what teams do you think are going to run to reggie? curious on who the top suitors are. basically washington and dallas as always?

New England.

Jeff1220
12-02-2009, 12:34 PM
New England.

With the way NE like s to run screens and quick release plays, that would be scary!

Vanilla Thunder
12-02-2009, 02:01 PM
no, he is Busty McBusterson

Mr. Pink
12-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Reggie Bush is a niche player who can actually see the field.

He'd be a welcome addition to the roster.

He's not what he was touted to be out of college and I've always thought of him as a player like Eric Metcalf.

He does bring playmaking ability to the table you just can't run him between the tackles very often.

I see him more as a replacement for someone at the WR position not RB though, to be honest.

Ickybaluky
12-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Bush will never live up to his draft status or be a full-time RB. He is a valuable role player because he is a guy who can play both RB and WR pretty well. He has good hands and is good in the open field, so you can split him out or line him up in the backfield. That makes him a tough guy for defenses to match up against, because you are either passing against a base defense or running against a nickel.

That said, the biggest concern should be his health. After playing a full season as a rookie, Bush missed 2/3 of the Sants games the next two years. Then he had microfracture surgery in the offseason on his knees. Since then, the Saints have had to monitor his time. He missed time in training camp and practice time during the season because of his knee and now he has missed a game.

The question is, are his knees every going to be the same? If healthy, he is a valuable role player, but do you want to take the chance on a guy with an injury history and a microfracture surgery?

Night Train
12-02-2009, 02:45 PM
Can he play DE, LB or OT ? Because that's what we need in 2010, in addition to QB.

Since he's a brittle RB, I could care less.

DynaPaul
12-02-2009, 03:56 PM
He's a good gadget player that can be used for certain plays but I wouldn't bust the bank on him.

Dr. Pepper
12-02-2009, 04:01 PM
hes certainly not a "bust," but based on the name alone someone is going to drastically overpay for him. *cough*jerryjones*cough*

THRILLHO
12-02-2009, 07:18 PM
If we were playing Madden, Id have him signed. But in Madden, he'd also be a 99 due to his speed I am sure.

PECKERWOOD
12-02-2009, 07:23 PM
If we were playing Madden, Id have him signed. But in Madden, he'd also be a 99 due to his speed I am sure.

He is worth a 20 million dollar contract, potentially more. If we plan on dinking and dunking next year, it's necessary to have players like Reggie Bush who can make things happen once they get some space and the ball in their hands. It's undeniable that Bush has ability, the price is what matters.. We have the money to sign him, if released.

Demon
12-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Are you kidding? Of course, I'd take Reggie Bush. He is an upgrade over Marshawn, Josh Reed and Roscoe Parrish.

He plays in the most offensive minded system in the NFL and still can't really dominate games. He won't "cost" too much as the thread starter suggested, but he will go to a place who will give him most touches with the football. There's a few systems i do think he could be successful with, but if he's doing what he's doing now with Drew Brees, then he'll do MUCH MUCH less with our QBs.... No thanks on Bush.

mikemac2001
12-02-2009, 07:36 PM
he needs to bulk up a little and become brian westbrook

PECKERWOOD
12-02-2009, 07:36 PM
He plays in the most offensive minded system in the NFL and still can't really dominate games. He won't "cost" too much as the thread starter suggested, but he will go to a place who will give him most touches with the football. There's a few systems i do think he could be successful with, but if he's doing what he's doing now with Drew Brees, then he'll do MUCH MUCH less with our QBs.... No thanks on Bush.
Then again, they don't really rely on Bush. Teams that rely on star players, will typically put up better numbers, think Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson pre-Favre era. You couldn't tell me that Bush would not take pressure off of Terrell Owens (if he resigns) and Lee Evans (since, he is stuck here!). Imagine franchise tagging Owens (if he refuses to sign) and then signing Bush. We would have some talent on offense, boy, I'll tell ya! Owens, Bush, Jackson, Lynch, Evans, all we would need is a quarterback!

Demon
12-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Then again, they don't really rely on Bush. Teams that rely on star players, will typically put up better numbers, think Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson pre-Favre era. You couldn't tell me that Bush would not take pressure off of Terrell Owens (if he resigns) and Lee Evans (since, he is stuck here!). Imagine franchise tagging Owens (if he refuses to sign) and then signing Bush. We would have some talent on offense, boy, I'll tell ya! Owens, Bush, Jackson, Lynch, Evans, all we would need is a quarterback!

Assuming Owens returns (from your example), i think our offense will be decent with TO, Evans, Lynch, Jackson, Hardy (maybe) and Nelson (2nd yr).... the $$$ we would spend on Bush would be wiser to spend on the OL.

And like you said, this whole topic is pointless unless the find a true #1 QB.

PECKERWOOD
12-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Assuming Owens returns (from your example), i think our offense will be decent with TO, Evans, Lynch, Jackson, Hardy (maybe) and Nelson (2nd yr).... the $$$ we would spend on Bush would be wiser to spend on the OL.

And like you said, this whole topic is pointless unless the find a true #1 QB.

It would be wiser, but who is really available in free agency at left tackle? I can think of a couple right tackles I'd love to have (Alex Barron) but no left tackles.. Left tackle is the biggest hole on our line, Bell should be no higher than 3rd on the depth chart, he is not very good.

McBFLO
12-02-2009, 11:03 PM
I certainly don't think that he should be a top priority. We have many other more important holes to fill first. But.... if the Saints do cut him, I think the new regime HAS to at least kick the tires a bit and see what it would cost us. A luxury signing for sure, but man, he could bring some excitement, and add another explosive element to an offense that sorely needs it.