PDA

View Full Version : TMQ on Fitzy..

Pinkerton Security
12-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Fight Fiercely, Harvard! Miami leading 7-0 at Buffalo, former Harvard quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick left the pocket, saw the right sideline open and took off on a 31-yard touchdown run for the Bills. Pip pip! Joe Montana used to say that anytime a quarterback sees a clear path to the sideline, and can gain yardage then step out of bounds without being hit, he should simply take off for the sideline. Gaining 10 yards in this fashion a couple of times per game will give defenses fits. Too few quarterbacks follow this simple advice. Later, on a fourth-and-1, the call was a bootleg pass to the tight end. When Fitzpatrick got into the flat and saw he could simply run for the first down, that's what he did. That's football IQ.
Last week, the Jaguars' defense seemed shocked to discover a Harvard boy could throw a pass that traveled 60 yards in the air; this week, the Dolphins' defense seemed shocked to discover a Harvard boy could outrun NFL defensive backs. Another sweet Fitzpatrick move: Leading 17-14, Buffalo took possession at midfield with a little under three minutes remaining. Coming up to the line on first-and-10, Fitzpatrick saw no safety on the right side of the field. He audibled out of a planned power rush, motioned Terrell Owens to shift from a blocking slot back position to wideout right and then threw an up to Owens for a 51-yard touchdown and a 24-14 lead.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/091201&sportCat=nfl&POLL455=400000000000000000000000

I remember seeing him audible out and I got real excited...Fitzy has balls if nothing else.

trapezeus
12-02-2009, 11:10 AM
don't get me wrong. i love fitzy's good game and how different he is from the last two guys, but i get a Rick james sense from Fitzy. As in, when he's on he's amazing, when he was off, he sucks (then the clip from behind the music where Rick James takes the massive digger on stage).

I hope he can keep up the good games.

BillsWin
12-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Fitz will be a good backup for us for some time if he continues to grow (remember he is pretty young) and if we draft a QB high we can raise them correctly for once and let him sit behind Fitz for a few games to a season depending on his play.

bigbub2352
12-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Fitz does one thing that TE and JP didnt he uses his brains to make plays and isnt gonna not take the chance at the big play in fear of an INT
look at the throws in desperation he made to Shawn Nelson and Lee Evans, when in doubt put it up to ur play makers, hey it worked for a long time with some guy named Bret Favre
Fitz is an avg QB on a below avg team but u cant take away that the kid is trying to play and win and play hard
i would love him back next yr in the same role and we take a QB early and develop him to be the starter with Brohm in the wings as well
its called depth something DJ forgot about along time ago

madness
12-02-2009, 11:21 AM
If Fitz was more accurate on a regular basis, he'd be the QB we're looking for.

Pinkerton Security
12-02-2009, 11:21 AM
don't get me wrong. i love fitzy's good game and how different he is from the last two guys, but i get a Rick james sense from Fitzy. As in, when he's on he's amazing, when he was off, he sucks (then the clip from behind the music where Rick James takes the massive digger on stage).

I hope he can keep up the good games.

Yeah...im kinda torn because I want to see what Brohm has, but I almost want Fitzy to keep improving so we can (perhaps) not necessarily need to draft a QB early on next year...im not saying Fitzy is the QB of the future but if he could be serviceable, I'd like to build up our lines and get a real stud LB

Novacane
12-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Another writer making stuff up. There was no power rush called. AVP said it was a pass play called. Fitz just changed it to the bomb.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-02-2009, 11:33 AM
That 51 TO TD is very much Brady like - a shift and motion attack that's so subtle that people often attribute to OC made a good/bad call. Of course Brady can extend that to less obvious coverages.

trapezeus
12-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Fitz does one thing that TE and JP didnt he uses his brains to make plays and isnt gonna not take the chance at the big play in fear of an INT
look at the throws in desperation he made to Shawn Nelson and Lee Evans, when in doubt put it up to ur play makers, hey it worked for a long time with some guy named Bret Favre
Fitz is an avg QB on a below avg team but u cant take away that the kid is trying to play and win and play hard
i would love him back next yr in the same role and we take a QB early and develop him to be the starter with Brohm in the wings as well
its called depth something DJ forgot about along time ago

How can you say DJ forgot about depth. We have 200 DB's and 64 WR. We have plenty of depth :-)

Griff
12-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Bills fans are so bi-polar, if he has a bad game against the Jets, most of you will turn on him.

trapezeus
12-02-2009, 11:39 AM
on Brohm, i think it's in our advantage that Fitz plays well from here on out. You don't want brohm to be thrown out there this season. This way from a football and marketing standpoint the bills can look at the draft at its biggest need. LT and LB and DL.

If the bills can get these key positions filled and have the fans believe that Fitz is ok and Brohm can bail him out, we get to solidify the weakest part of our team.

If fitz fails, then brohm is thrown out there prematurely. If that happens and he sucks, the bills will waste a pick on a QB early. and that guy will be set up to fail like all the other QB's that have failed. Fortify the lines. Fitz seems to be able to deal to some degree with the all rookie line.

And he isn't so awesome that the fans will attach to him as a savior if he fails. He'll just leave and let us pick early in 2011

yordad
12-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Fitz for President!!

Meathead
12-02-2009, 11:41 AM
the best thing about his td run was that he noticed the lane the instant he turned around. watch the replay, you can virtually see his eyes get wide as soon as he looks to his right, and bam he takes off immediately without hesitation

i thought he might poop his pants before he got there but he made it

Pinkerton Security
12-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Another writer making stuff up. There was no power rush called. AVP said it was a pass play called. Fitz just changed it to the bomb.

id be interested to see a link to that bc fitzy definitely audibled..

trapezeus
12-02-2009, 11:46 AM
the best thing about his td run was that he noticed the lane the instant he turned around. watch the replay, you can virtually see his eyes get wide as soon as he looks to his right, and bam he takes off immediately without hesitation

i thought he might poop his pants before he got there but he made it

on his TD run, did it not look like he was attempting to high step the last 4 yards? am i going crazy?

Meathead
12-02-2009, 12:07 PM
lol yeah it did. i thot he was just crapping his drawers waiting to get creamed but maybe he was showboating lmao

ZacGriffi~82
12-02-2009, 12:08 PM
id be interested to see a link to that bc fitzy definitely audibled..

he did. he audibled from one pass play to another one. and audible doesn't always have to be from a run to a pass or vice versa.

Prov401
12-02-2009, 12:16 PM
You know, some QB's take time to develop some of their skills. I remember in 2003 everybody in San Diego was going crazy, and even booing Drew Brees. He was probably a top 15 QB. Then something just happened. Since his last year in SD up until this point, he has just been crazy good, easily in the top 3 QB talk. We know Fitz has what it takes in the head to be a good QB, maybe if he puts together a good off-season of tweaking a few mechanical issues, we could be onto something here.

mybills
12-02-2009, 12:16 PM
on his TD run, did it not look like he was attempting to high step the last 4 yards? am i going crazy?
2nd video 1:30 mark http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009112901/2009/REG12/dolphins@bills/recap#tab:watch

naugem
12-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Bills fans are so bi-polar

I blame the Bills for this. I didn't use to be like this.. :coocoo:

bigbub2352
12-02-2009, 12:54 PM
How can you say DJ forgot about depth. We have 200 DB's and 64 WR. We have plenty of depth :-)
Sorry he was a master of skilled player Depth, DBs and WRs lol
but for every other position i guess he was bad?

Meathead
12-02-2009, 09:54 PM
to has really matured. nice to see finally

ParanoidAndroid
12-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Bills fans are so bi-polar, if he has a bad game against the Jets, most of you will turn on him.

You should watch an Eagles game in Philly.... talk about bi-polar....

Ron Burgundy
12-03-2009, 09:44 AM
You should watch an Eagles game in Philly.... talk about total dickheads....

/fixed