• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Stat Sheet Remains Mostly Empty For Evans

While Terrell Owens has been the benefactor of new starting quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick’s generosity, Lee Evans shopping cart for footballs has been mostly empty. In the three games since the bye week, Owens has grabbed 17 passes for 378 yards while Evans has managed just seven for 105.

While the Buffalo Bills have recently changed head coaches, quarterbacks and offensive philosophies, for Evans at least, the more things change the more they’ve stayed the same.
    MORE

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: Stat Sheet Remains Mostly Empty For Evans

Yeah, I've been surprised that this hasn't been discussed the past 2 weeks, while Owens has been rejuvenated.

Comment

• cocamide
      • Oct 2006

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

While I love seeing T.O. getting his, this is the downfall (and the subject of my next WR peice)

With TO likely gone next year, and Reed a FA as well, hardy and Johnson cant see the field. There is a good chance they can be our #2 and #3 receivers next year, which will send Evans back to double teams every play again, Pre-T.O.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• mikemac2001
          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          While I love seeing T.O. getting his, this is the downfall (and the subject of my next WR peice)

With TO likely gone next year, and Reed a FA as well, hardy and Johnson cant see the field. There is a good chance they can be our #2 and #3 receivers next year, which will send Evans back to double teams every play again, Pre-T.O.
          We can tag TO!

sick of everyone saying he is gone...we can force him to stay or not play anymore (if we want to)

MUCK
          FIAMI

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

thanks for this pat. after the TO piece, my first question was, "how is evans with this because nothing changes for him." and one thing that is interesting is that a hot TO should make him even more open. people should be rolling double coverage over to him....but he's still not getting many balls. what's the deal? is evans just not as good as we all keep claiming?

i never thought evans was worthy of being number 1, but he should start producing with TO being on a roll.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
              thanks for this pat. after the TO piece, my first question was, "how is evans with this because nothing changes for him." and one thing that is interesting is that a hot TO should make him even more open. people should be rolling double coverage over to him....but he's still not getting many balls. what's the deal? is evans just not as good as we all keep claiming?

i never thought evans was worthy of being number 1, but he should start producing with TO being on a roll.
              who do you think we have at qb ? Brees? Evans would've had better nos. if Trent wasn't the qb. You need a gunslinger that has time to throw if you are expecting 2 1000 yd. receivers. Who were they double teaming when TO caught those long balls where they had singlr coverage in him? TO benefits from Lee being opposite him too.
              Last edited by justasportsfan; 12-02-2009, 09:48 PM.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                We can tag TO!

sick of everyone saying he is gone...we can force him to stay or not play anymore (if we want to)
                The tag value of a franchise WR is $10M. Are you going to pay a 36-year old (we are talking next year, he would actually be 37 before the end of the season) WR $10M? That would be dumb given they are already paying Evans #1 WR money and have other needs.

Granted, I think TO would be thrilled to get a $10m franchise offer because it is a lot more than anyone else is going to pay him. He wouldn't be able to sign the tender fast enough to guarantee it.

That doesn't mean Buffalo can't keep him. There isn't going to be a huge market for TO, because there are a lot of teams that wouldn't have him just based on his reputation. One thing consistent with TO and Rosenhaus, they aren't going to turn down money. If the Bills have the best offer, he will re-sign.
                Last edited by Ickybaluky; 12-03-2009, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  who do you think we have at qb ? Brees? Evans would've had better nos. if Trent wasn't the qb. You need a gunslinger that has time to throw if you are expecting 2 1000 yd. receivers. Who were they double teaming when TO caught those long balls where they had singlr coverage in him? TO benefits from Lee being opposite him too.
                  fair enough, but now TO is the hot receiver, the next couple weeks should have TO getting the doubles.

all i am saying is that Evans doesn't clamour for the ball like TO does. Now that TO is happy, unless evans is truly a team player and realizes his work is making TO a stud, he must be a little angry. Who knows.

i hope that Evans starts getting it a little more so that coverages really get confused on which guy to cover. That just means it'll get easier for Jackson to run the ball if other teams had more DB's.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

fair enough, but now TO is the hot receiver, the next couple weeks should have TO getting the doubles. .
                    maybe. We shall see.
                    all i am saying is that Evans doesn't clamour for the ball like TO does. Now that TO is happy, unless evans is truly a team player and realizes his work is making TO a stud, he must be a little angry. Who knows. .
                    I doubt he's angry as long as we're winning.
                    i hope that Evans starts getting it a little more so that coverages really get confused on which guy to cover. That just means it'll get easier for Jackson to run the ball if other teams had more DB's.
                    Fitz himself said that if either guy is on single coverage, he'll take chances on either wr's.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

your last point is my question. Does Fitz throw to TO just to shut him up and that results in less looks to Evans? or is it simply a matter of who gets double coverage.

either way, it seems to be working for at least one week. let's see what happens. i'd be happiest if the jets attempt to take away TO and let Evans get some good touches. it would really start to become what we all hoped when TO was signed.

this is the best rememdy the bills could have for a still struggling, non gelled line.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

your last point is my question. Does Fitz throw to TO just to shut him up and that results in less looks to Evans? or is it simply a matter of who gets double coverage. .
                        I would think he would throw to whoever is in single coverage especially with the deep ball.

either way, it seems to be working for at least one week. let's see what happens. i'd be happiest if the jets attempt to take away TO and let Evans get some good touches. it would really start to become what we all hoped when TO was signed.

this is the best rememdy the bills could have for a still struggling, non gelled line.
                        If only we had a steady OL then we wouldn't have to go to maximum protect and use both the cb's and TE's in the middle if D's dropped back to cover both TO and Lee . Unfortunately we've had the TE's help the OL block. Nelson is slowly coming into his own though.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

i really want to see fitz show that he's competent to handle the load for these 5 games. this team needs a LT like no one's business. if they get everyone back healthy, they have a decent line in New LT - wood - hangartner - Levitre - Butler. If they can keep bell, meredith, and scott developping with simmons as a back up, they might be a legitimately deep OL next year.

Obviously TO will be gone, but Hardy hopefully steps in or we sign another big name like boldin to satiate the fans and see where we are.

I agree, nelson is looknig decent. there are still rookie mistakes like running outside instead of inside on the pick last week, but he catches almost everything thrown to him.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                            Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                            • Jul 2002

I think Evans could have a big game tonight. Odds are very good they'll put Revis on TO the entire game, leaving Evans with their other CBs.

God give me style and give me grace
                            God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
                              I think Evans could have a big game tonight. Odds are very good they'll put Revis on TO the entire game, leaving Evans with their other CBs.
                              but if Lee is double teamed, Fitz will go with TO 1 on 1 vs. Revis.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X