PDA

View Full Version : Miller better than Hasek?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
12-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Miller leads the NHL with a 1.84 goals-against average and an eye-popping .937 save percentage. Oddly enough, that's the exact figure of Hasek'sNHL record set during the Sabres' 1998-99 season that ended in the Stanley Cup finals. Miller has 15 wins, one off the league lead.

Just past the first quarter of the season, Miller would be a heavy favorite for the Vezina Trophy given to the league's best goalie. And he'd be in the small circle of discussion for the Hart Trophy, given to the league's most valuable player.

Best in the world?
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/story/879796.html

Nighthawk
12-02-2009, 07:54 PM
No, now stop posting stupid s**t!

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Dude Hasek was the best goalie of all time. It isn't even close. I love MIller but lets be serious.

rbochan
12-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Even if Miller wins the Cup, the Super Bowl, builds a new Peace Bridge, and finds a way to stop lake effect snow, he'll still never come close to Hasek.

Myers57
12-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Lol no.

No
no
no
no
no

DMBcrew36
12-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Miller leads the NHL with a 1.84 goals-against average and an eye-popping .937 save percentage. Oddly enough, that's the exact figure of Hasek'sNHL record set during the Sabres' 1998-99 season that ended in the Stanley Cup finals. Miller has 15 wins, one off the league lead.

Just past the first quarter of the season, Miller would be a heavy favorite for the Vezina Trophy given to the league's best goalie. And he'd be in the small circle of discussion for the Hart Trophy, given to the league's most valuable player.

Best in the world?
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/story/879796.html

Where do you live? I want to come to your house and smash your computer so you don't post another dumb thread like this on here. Such BS is insulting to Hasek's legacy in Buffalo and you're obviously clueless when it comes to it. With one thread, one sentence, you officially have no credibility when it comes to hockey.

Ground Chuck
12-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Miller isn't quite up to Roger Crozier status yet.

You can go ahead and put him with Jerry Dejardins, Don Edwards, Gary Bromley, and Tom Barrasso though.

Crisis
12-02-2009, 10:05 PM
hasek's peak will never be matched by another goalie, ever.

Philagape
12-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Even if Miller wins the Cup, the Super Bowl, builds a new Peace Bridge, and finds a way to stop lake effect snow, he'll still never come close to Hasek.

Well if Miller brings a Cup here, that's Miller 1, Hasek 0.

That'll put him ahead in my book

SabreEleven
12-03-2009, 05:22 AM
different user name, same crappy posts....I was hoping for more than just a name change.

RockStar36
12-03-2009, 08:41 AM
This thread is embarrassing.

Forward_Lateral
12-03-2009, 02:42 PM
:rofl:

This thread is stupidly ******ed in more ways than one.

Ingtar33
12-03-2009, 04:49 PM
wow...you know i love watching Miller play and all but he isn't on the same planet with Hasek

Hasek had a joke of a team surrounding him, and carried them singlehandedly. I've never seen a goalie hung out to dry like Dom was so often. Miller gets outstanding defensive help (in comparison).

Do any of you remember the Olympics (1998)? He singlehandedly won that gold metal. No.. I love Miller, he's basically a clone of Marty Brodeur. But he's no Hasek.

Hasek was the only goaltender i've ever seen who got in the heads of opposing forwards. No other goaltender has done that in my experience... maybe Roy in his hayday... for a few years managed... but no one else.

BuffaloRanger
12-03-2009, 04:50 PM
wow. just wow.

G Wolly
12-03-2009, 05:34 PM
What about last season when everyone hated Miller for letting in 3-4 goals a game and he was blamed because we couldn't score any goals?

It's only been 2 months into the season. I love Miller as much as anyone, but it's too soon to start the talk of Hasek Jr.

Once Miller pulls in 2 Harts, 6 Vezinas, and a gold medal in the olympics, then we can only begin to think about comparing the two.

The only other active goalie that could be in the same sentence as Hasek is #30, but that #30 plays for the Devils.

Meathead
12-03-2009, 05:37 PM
the one huge diff btwn dom and ryan is that miller has developed his ice awareness earlier than dom did

by ice awareness i am referring to what lindy described here:

"When a goalie is really on, it just seems that everything sticks to him," Ruff said. "[Miller] is already in good position, he's read the play and not moving when making some of the saves. And some of them are flat-out, real good hockey reads where he's read where the puck is going."

and what i have been saying since last season:

miller has always been good at positioning himself, but this season he seems even more awesome at it. check out how little he moves, hes often just stationary waiting for the puck to hit him. this is especially evident in goalmouth scrambles where most goalies are flopping around, yet miller is usually in one place while everybody else is flying around

frankly, i have been in awe of him so far this season. he makes saves look super easy like he has done nothing special, and yet the puck stays out of the net. hes been just amazing. i love watching him work even if most of the time he looks like hes trying to imitate a statue

it took dom a few years to become the guy he started to be in bflo and at that time he was good mainly because he was super acrobatic. it was only after he suffered through some groin injuries that that hampered his athleticism when he adapted by developing his ice awareness so he could be less of a slinky and more of a psychic

the longer you do something the better you tend to be at it, and miller has been developing the skills that make him look prescient a lot long than dom did and thus its quite possible miller will bypass dom in that skill as some point here as time goes on

frankly, miller has that look of a superstar in the making and his ice awareness reminds me a ton of guys like roy, barrasso, dryden and brodeur who at similarly early points of their career had the same kind of prescience

i dont think miller is very far behind dom and i wouldnt be surprised at all if he ended up being our best goaltender ever. based on what im seeing now im sorta expecting it

Crisis
12-03-2009, 10:12 PM
talk to me when miller wins 6 vezinas and back to back harts.

hasek in his prime was the best goaltender the world will ever see, he was GOD during the 99 cup run, that team was a complete JOKE that he carried to game 6 of the finals.

Crisis
12-03-2009, 10:18 PM
its too bad hasek wasted his prime in buffalo

if he was on a real team during those years more people outside of buffalo would consider him ahead of roy, broduer, etc.

Mr. Pink
12-03-2009, 11:55 PM
hasek's peak will never be matched by another goalie, ever.

Vladislav Tretjak

Crisis
12-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Vladislav Tretjak

Would you consider Alexei Morozov one of the best players in the world right now?

Crisis
12-04-2009, 12:11 AM
And I'm not comparing the two, but I have a had time comparing goalies that competed in two different leagues...

Hasek dominated unquestionably the best talent in the world.

Forward_Lateral
12-04-2009, 06:24 AM
#1, Miller can't hold Hasek's jock, yet.

#2 Hasek was great, but not the best goalie of all time. Patrick Roy, Martin Brodeur are ahead of him, and possibly more.

#3 Quit being ******s.

DMBcrew36
12-04-2009, 09:38 AM
#1, Miller can't hold Hasek's jock, yet.

#2 Hasek was great, but not the best goalie of all time. Patrick Roy, Martin Brodeur are ahead of him, and possibly more.

#3 Quit being ******s.

Brodeur is ahead due to longevity, but thats about it. No one has ever done what Hasek did for those 5 years (1995-2000). No one has ever been THAT dominant before. Hasek had no one in front of him (the Sabres payroll was WAY below other teams), unlike Brodeur who has always been aided by solid teams with a defense-first system that choked opponents off from having good scoring chances. If you look at the individual awards Hasek won and then ponder what could've been if he had spent those prime years in Detroit or New Jersey, you realize he might've won the cup every single year from 1995-2000. If Hasek was on the Devils or Wings those years, he'd be considered the best goalie ever.