Maybe some of you need to re-think your positions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Maybe some of you need to re-think your positions.

If Fewell wins tonight, there will be a zillion "Fewell for coach" and "Fitz as the starter" next year posts.

Anybody outside of Buffalo will tell you that Fewell and Fitz are not the answers in any combination.

I'll be fine with a win, although it does absolutely nothing for us. Point is that at the end of the day I still want this team dismantled and a coach inserted that will challenge the FO and "Mr. Wilson" on personnel and contract situations.

I'm sure Shanahan, Cowher, Billick or any other winning coach wouldn't have let Peters walk out the door or dismantled the o-line to the point of being unserviceable.
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Maybe some of you need to re-think your positions.

By the way, I have a feeling that the Bills will win tonight based purely on momentum.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Fitz is not a franchise QB and I doubt anyone wants him as one.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

The people who don't care about winning or losing are the ones who need to re-think their positions.

There are not many people who think Fitz is the answer. Fewell is an unknown. Funny thing is, if the Bills win out people will *****.

I really love the positions like yours - you ***** if they win or if they lose tonight. A perfect storm, if you will.

Winning fosters winning. Having players like Nelson, Byrd, Levitre, Evans, Maybin, Harris, Poz, McGee, etc being around and on teams that win is an invaluable lesson.
        Don't be a loser that roots for losing.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

I am open minded. And, one game isn't going to prove anything.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

The people who want them to lose because of the draft are the people who need to rethink their position.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by mybills
              The people who want them to lose because of the draft are the people who need to rethink their position.
              I agree.

Lets' worry about the draft in March.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

By rethink my position do you mean "Choose wisely between the couch and the recliner"?
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian
                  I agree.

Lets' worry about the draft in March.

Well maybe a little earlier than March...
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    If Fewell wins tonight, there will be a zillion "Fewell for coach" and "Fitz as the starter" next year posts.

Anybody outside of Buffalo will tell you that Fewell and Fitz are not the answers in any combination.

I'll be fine with a win, although it does absolutely nothing for us. Point is that at the end of the day I still want this team dismantled and a coach inserted that will challenge the FO and "Mr. Wilson" on personnel and contract situations.

I'm sure Shanahan, Cowher, Billick or any other winning coach wouldn't have let Peters walk out the door or dismantled the o-line to the point of being unserviceable.
                    Could you kindly stop telling us all how we should think? Go ahead and trying just thinking for yourself sometime, it might be fun!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

I think everybody knows Fitz is not a franchise QB and nobody is sitting here saying he is.

Is he a stop gap QB to the next guy? Who knows, he has proven he is a very capable NFL backup, which I think one or two posters made very clear when he signed with us...I wonder who that was?

As for Fewell, I have an open mind about him. Im not sold on him, but Im not convinced he is a loser and sucks. As a DC he was hit or miss, and he was never able to put it all together. However as HC he has shown so far to be more capable. He had us in a position to win both our games and he shut down our rivals. If we take care of business v. the Jets, I dont know how somebody couldn't be excited about him. He has a lot to still prove as I think we all want to see him v. teams like New England and Atlanta, but riding a big momentum wave with wins and player confidence heading into those games will be huge for us.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        Well maybe a little earlier than March...
                        Except for you, lol.

Comment

• hydro
                          • Oct 2005

I don't have to rethink anything...

You know why? Because it doesn't matter one iota what I think. What happens has no bearing on what the fans combined thought process is. The FO is going to do what they see fit no matter what my frame of mind is.

But, with that said just enjoy watching the Bills. Why does everyone have to be junior GMs in this place? What you think or "re-think" doesn't do jack squat. So just enjoy the games. And if you can't then you need to find another hobby because watching sports and getting all torn up about how a team is run is just not enjoyable to me personally.
                          Last edited by hydro; 12-03-2009, 08:21 AM.
                          BERNIAC!

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

You play to win the games.
                            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Do you suffer from OCD? We already went over this.

Comment

Working...
                              X