The 53 you think we'll see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

The 53 you think we'll see

Here is whom I think will be on the Bills final 53 man roster. (No particular depth depicted)

========================
    QB- Bledsoe, AVP, Jason Johnson

(* If a quality vet backup is available cheap- Bills may look)

RB- Henry, Gary, Simonton ,
    FB- Crosby, Gash

TE- Moore, Campbell. Mcdonnell

WR- Moulds, Reed, Shaw, Aiken, R Wright ( my sleeper- unless a splash is made after June 1)

OL - Williams, Brown, Sullivan, Jennings, Teague , Price, Pucillo, Sobieski, Conaty ( I beleive he will resign for the minimum)

=========================

DE- Schobel, Mckenzie, M Jones, Kelsay, Iorns, Denny

DT- P Williams, Adams, Bannan, Edwards

LB- Spikes, Fletcher, Posey, Spoon, Crowell, Haggan, Polk

CB- Clements, Winfield, Thomas, Sidney, McGee

S- Wire, Reese, Prioleau Driver
    (another addition very possible - Lassiter?)
    ==========================

K- Lindell
    P- Moorman

PUP- McGahee- see you in 2004
  • BADTHINGSMAN
    • Oct 2002

Looks really good Dozer.. Only 2 ill switch is

QB-Jason Johnson:Not sure he can beat out Travis Brown.. Maybe Johnson on the practice squad. I hope they dont pick up Jonathon Beasly he was released from Jacksonville..

WR-Rodney Wright: He probably be the number 4 if he didnt mess up last year. Would deffinitly take him over Charles Johnson,but maybe there be a veteran reciever after June 1st.. Mushin Muhammed could be a cap cut from Carolina.. Maybe offer him a contract let him split time at number 2 with Josh Reed..

Comment

• BFBills
      "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
      • Oct 2002

gash is better than crosby....
      "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I think Morris will be back because of his ST ability, Brown will remain as 3rd QB, C. Johnson will beat out Wright because of his llockeroom presence, and we won't keep six DEs. More likely a 5th safety with STs experience, from the FA market. Or McGee could be switched to safety, and an FA CB brought in.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

2:05 am on a Sat night, huh? You must have been drunk.

I think Jan Reimers has got it right.

Even if Simonton proves to be a better runner than Morris, which I doubt (Curtis Alexander anyone?), They would have to be complete fools to get rid of Sammy. I don't want to see Charlie Rogers pull a Chad Morton. Morris is the definition of a team player. Definitely a guy you want on your roster.

No way does Brown go anywhere. The coaches seemed to like him better than AVP last year. So if anyone has a reason to be worried, it is AVP.

Byrd.

Comment

• The Natrix
            • Jul 2002

BTW, I'm not ruling out Simonton making the roster, but I am ruling out Sammy Morris getting cut.

Same with AVP and Brown. It will either be the same as last year or Bledsoe, Brown, Johnson.

Byrd.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              I think Morris will be back because of his ST ability, Brown will remain as 3rd QB, C. Johnson will beat out Wright because of his llockeroom presence, and we won't keep six DEs. More likely a 5th safety with STs experience, from the FA market. Or McGee could be switched to safety, and an FA CB brought in.
              I took Simonton over Morris because of his versatility- Besides the total yards leader in NFLE he's also a top kick/Punt returner over there. Simonton, Crowell, Haggan will take over the Special teams role.

I also beleive Morris (who was nicked up a lot last season) is in the last year of his deal.

The only reason I took 6 DE' and not another safety is because I counted only players currently on the roster. I did mention though that I felt the Bills would possibly pick up another safety. Plus, 2 of the DE's are injury gambles (McKenzie and Jones) and depth was an issue.

What's so hot about Travis Brown? Personally, I think if a vet QB is out there at a decent price the Bills might consider it over doughboy, who's making a million per.

Comment

• The Natrix
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog

Simonton, Crowell, Haggan will take over the Special teams role.

This is Rob Johnson Ideology. They have not proven squat.

Byrd.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Oh, OK. I'll cut all the draft picks then. McGahee, Kelsay, what did they prove yet?

Comment

• The Natrix
                    • Jul 2002

Don't cut them, just keep the Special teams ace. They need to learn from someone.

Answer me this: Irons or Sammy Morris?

Byrd.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Why compare apples and oranges? Iorns makes it (in theory) because DE is one of our most injury risky positions

And why would you want to protect the "Ace" of the worst special teams in football? Yeah, he looked great in the opener against the Jets. He's the best looking garbage can on the curb on trash night.

This team needs a special teams retooling. They drafted heavily in favor of special teams this season, Reese and Sidney were both good special teams players for their former clubs.

Comment

• The Natrix
                        • Jul 2002

points taken. We will see........

Byrd.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

I can't wait!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Keep Morris and Irons,and Simonton if he has a great camp. Go with 6 LBs, particularly if one of the rooks is not a STs ace-- Haggans to the practice squad?
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                              • Jul 2002

What's so hot about Travis Brown? Personally, I think if a vet QB is out there at a decent price the Bills might consider it over doughboy, who's making a million per.
                              Oh, OK. I'll cut all the draft picks then. McGahee, Kelsay, what did they prove yet?
                              See the irony!?

As if Brown's been tested in a real game. If you want to consider that 3/4 of a game he played v. Miami w/ no team around him and no OL, then fine, but at least then say he played well given the circumstances.

I know I like the guy based on that, but you seem to hate him and he's not done anything to show that he can't play in this league, yet, you'd rather keep an undrafted rookie who really didn't do squat in college.

Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X