PDA

View Full Version : The great Poz

BuffaloBlitz83
12-03-2009, 09:14 PM
0 Tackles tonight.

k-oneputt
12-03-2009, 09:17 PM
I used to think he was a average lb, but he is below avg.
and Draft should be siting for anybody.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-03-2009, 09:28 PM
He missed another play on Kellen. People should hate opn Poz more than Whitner.

Poz is a worse LB than Whitner is a Safety!

TacklingDummy
12-03-2009, 09:33 PM
If only the 49ers didn't pick Patrick Willis. :ill:

OpIv37
12-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Poz is overrated.

OpIv37
12-03-2009, 09:53 PM
He just had two good plays in a row.

psubills62
12-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Poz is overrated.

Really? Because most people on this board seem to have the same opinion as the posters in this thread.

BTW, not bad closing speed on the Clemens sack there.

Don't people learn? Why on earth would you start a thread saying "XXXX sucks," or "XXXX is overrated" when the game isn't even over yet? Malo did it during the last Jets game before Poz caught what ended up being the game-winning INT.

jdbillsfan
12-03-2009, 09:56 PM
It seems like he maybe should be an OLB, not MLB. Doesn't get off blocks very well, gets lost in the Middle.

northernbillfan
12-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Really? Because most people on this board seem to have the same opinion as the posters in this thread.

Don't people learn? Why on earth would you start a thread saying "XXXX sucks," or "XXXX is overrated" when the game isn't even over yet? Malo did it during the last Jets game before Poz caught what ended up being the game-winning INT.I've always disliked threads like this. It's like saying the word shut-out half way through the second period of a hockey game.

OpIv37
12-03-2009, 10:10 PM

Don't people learn? Why on earth would you start a thread saying "XXXX sucks," or "XXXX is overrated" when the game isn't even over yet? Malo did it during the last Jets game before Poz caught what ended up being the game-winning INT.
While threads like this are often a reaction, they are also usually based on more than just the previous play.

psubills62
12-03-2009, 10:15 PM
While threads like this are often a reaction, they are also usually based on more than just the previous play.
Yeah, this guy based it on what...a whole quarter? Brilliant.

Feel free to show me where Poz is being overrated?

BuffaloBlitz83
12-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Yup. He stunk tonight.

G Wolly
12-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Why pick him out of the whole defense? Blame Corner, Scott, McGee and the rest of the defense who allowed them to make catches that easily.

Boomstick
12-03-2009, 10:24 PM
He could be much better if we didn't play this weak ass Tampa 2, if he wasnt playing beside scrub players around him. Not many look great playing on an all around bad D. If the D didnt have a safety playing LB beside him it'd help.
Not saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread but he'd be much better with different circumstances. But all things considered he most certainly does not suck. As some suggest, move him to OLB and you would have a player people would be praising, especially in a changed defensive scheme.

Oaf
12-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Win or loss, this game convinced me that Poz will never be a starting caliber MLB.

He's a great leader, he's really nice, he's good looking (apparently), he's a "blue collar" guy, he bleeds blue and red, but he also makes less plays at the LOS than a WR-turned-safety does. The guy gets washed out every single play, pass blitz or run blitz.

Clemens had 5 seconds to get rid of the ball there- Todd Johnson would have made that play. Poz belongs at a different position, or in a different system, or on the bench, seriously.

Mad Bomber
12-03-2009, 10:51 PM
0 Tackles tonight.
Did you not watch the game? He had a sack. It was a really great play.

PECKERWOOD
12-03-2009, 10:58 PM
I used to think he was a average lb, but he is below avg.
and Draft should be siting for anybody.

Yep, I'd honestly say he is the worst MLB in the NFL.

psubills62
12-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Why pick him out of the whole defense? Blame Corner, Scott, McGee and the rest of the defense who allowed them to make catches that easily.

My thoughts exactly. It's like the other 21 starters are playing great but Poz is holding them back? I don't understand why, week after week, Poz is pretty much the only guy targeted as playing poorly. He hasn't been great but he certainly hasn't sucked.

TacklingDummy
12-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Did you not watch the game? He had a sack. It was a really great play.

You do know the thread was started at 10:14. That sack and any tackles POZ had didn't happen until after that time.

PECKERWOOD
12-03-2009, 11:07 PM
You do know the thread was started at 10:14. That sack and any tackles POZ had didn't happen until after that time.

Uhhh, redundant, he is still awful.

Mr. Pink
12-03-2009, 11:21 PM
is just another average replaceable guy.

My general opinion of anyone on this roster has now turned into...

Who cares.

PECKERWOOD
12-03-2009, 11:24 PM
is just another average replaceable guy.

My general opinion of anyone on this roster has now turned into...

Who cares.
hehe, Poz might as well just become invisible, he never makes plays.

Mr. Pink
12-03-2009, 11:26 PM

That about sums up 90% of the roster.

G Wolly
12-03-2009, 11:27 PM

So Clemens just fell to the turf and dropped the ball by himself right?

Mr. Pink
12-03-2009, 11:28 PM
So Clemens just fell to the turf and dropped the ball by himself right?

I forgot guys make one play and all of a sudden they're great.

Like Whitner's one INT last week, where was he this week?

Invisible.

PECKERWOOD
12-03-2009, 11:28 PM
That about sums up 90% of the roster.

:rolleyes:

Still, no excuse for having Scott and Draft on the field over Maybin and Harris!! WTF, is that?!!! I question the personnel decisions on this team, what a joke.. We've got better talent just sitting there, yet we don't utilize it..

Oaf
12-04-2009, 12:17 AM
Anyone on the Bills could have made that tackle, and Clemens sold himself by heading into that area and sitting there for so long.

Show me one instance where Poz actually shed a block within 4 seconds of the play and actually made the tackle.

The guy get gets stoned by C's, G's, T's, WR's and RB's.

Block "O"
12-04-2009, 03:50 AM
:rolleyes:

Still, no excuse for having Scott and Draft on the field over Maybin and Harris!! WTF, is that?!!! I question the personnel decisions on this team, what a joke.. We've got better talent just sitting there, yet we don't utilize it..

I agree with Harris, we need to get him on the field. Hell I would have rather had Palmer out there.

Bravo82
12-04-2009, 04:13 AM
I agree with Harris, we need to get him on the field. Hell I would have rather had Palmer out there.

Nic "thug hit" Harris http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg137/bravo_82/sasmokin.gif

yordad
12-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Poz looked like he was shot out of a cannon on that play.

Guys, look who he has flanking him, a safety, and a guy who was bar tending a month ago.

Was there a weak side LB in this game? Or did they play nickle the entire time?

Forward_Lateral
12-04-2009, 07:41 AM
Poz had 5 tackles and a sack.

DraftBoy
12-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Pos had a solid second half, but struggled horribly in the first.

I noticed three occasions where Pos is waiting on the player to hit the hole, rather than filling the hole himself. That's a huge issue for me.

EDS
12-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Poz is overrated by a lot of people on this board, but he is by far the best linebacker on the team. Second best, sadly, is probably Draft (and that includes anyone who has suited up this season, including Mitchell and Ellison).

I would love to see the Bills draft McClain from Alabama. That dude would instantly be the teams best defensive player. Of course, there is so much work to be done on both offensive and defensive line, I am not sure they have the luxury of drafting a linebacker early.

Beastie Bills
12-04-2009, 08:36 AM
Poz is overrated by a lot of people on this board, but he is by far the best linebacker on the team. Second best, sadly, is probably Draft (and that includes anyone who has suited up this season, including Mitchell and Ellison).

I would love to see the Bills draft McClain from Alabama. That dude would instantly be the teams best defensive player. Of course, there is so much work to be done on both offensive and defensive line, I am not sure they have the luxury of drafting a linebacker early.

The only LB's I want to come back next year are:

Poz
Draft
Ellison (great backup - he played very well before the injury)

Everybody else needs to go, including Mitchell.

trapezeus
12-04-2009, 08:43 AM
I've said this before, but poz is conlan. conlan had biscuit...poz has bryan scott?

He is ok...he's a roll player that would be better if he wasn't the man that defenses need to key on for their LB reads.

But since this is a rip on poz thread, I'll happily join in. The jets game was ugly. He looked very weak. Other than the sack, most runs that he stopped, it looked like he struggled to bring the guy to the turf. He never just shot through any gaps and drove people backwards. he was the one getting pushed back.

If poz was in whitner's position (i.e. could be a free agent by march) i wouldn't be against watching him walk if he asked too much. but he's signed and actually isn't the biggest problem. i think mitchell needs to go and ellison shouldn't be counted on. You can't replace them all in one offseason. So replace the other two first.

Beastie Bills
12-04-2009, 08:47 AM
I've said this before, but poz is conlan. conlan had biscuit...poz has bryan scott?

He is ok...he's a roll player that would be better if he wasn't the man that defenses need to key on for their LB reads.

But since this is a rip on poz thread, I'll happily join in. The jets game was ugly. He looked very weak. Other than the sack, most runs that he stopped, it looked like he struggled to bring the guy to the turf. He never just shot through any gaps and drove people backwards. he was the one getting pushed back.

If poz was in whitner's position (i.e. could be a free agent by march) i wouldn't be against watching him walk if he asked too much. but he's signed and actually isn't the biggest problem. i think mitchell needs to go and ellison shouldn't be counted on. You can't replace them all in one offseason. So replace the other two first.

Good post. I would DEFINITELY keep Ellison as a backup though. He was our best LB this year (when he played). No reason to not keep a cheap player, who can come off the bench and contribute. The way our team gets injured, we need as many capable backups as we can get.

HHURRICANE
12-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Pos had a solid second half, but struggled horribly in the first.

I noticed three occasions where Pos is waiting on the player to hit the hole, rather than filling the hole himself. That's a huge issue for me.

Somebody who actually watches the games!! Great post. Saw the same thing.

There was a 3rd and whatever and if Poz had met the player instead of standing there the Jets would have been forced to punt. I looked over at a friend of mine and said "is Poz afraid to hit people?"

Tatonka
12-04-2009, 08:58 AM
"other than the nice plays he made.. he sucked".

"if you take away his longest run, his average sucked".

BuffaloBlitz83
12-04-2009, 11:40 AM
"other than the nice plays he made.. he sucked".

"if you take away his longest run, his average sucked".

He had a good second half. He was awful during first half. That is when the thread was made. Thank you. I thought he played much better in the second half. But the first half is just a microcosm of how disappointed I have been in his play the last 2 years. I had so much belief in this kid when we drafted him.

Ron Burgundy
12-04-2009, 11:48 AM
He had a good second half. He was awful during first half. That is when the thread was made. Thank you. I thought he played much better in the second half. But the first half is just a microcosm of how disappointed I have been in his play the last 2 years. I had so much belief in this kid when we drafted him.

So technically, this thread should be called "The Naive BuffaloBlitz83" rather than "The Great Poz."

Gotcha.

G Wolly
12-04-2009, 02:45 PM
I forgot guys make one play and all of a sudden they're great.

Like Whitner's one INT last week, where was he this week?

Invisible.

Well since the previous post said he didn't make any plays, I think that counts as "making a play"

And Donte broke up a 3rd down pass in the red zone late in the game that forced a field goal.

PECKERWOOD
12-04-2009, 03:28 PM
He is our starting MLB on the last ranked run defense in the NFL, enough said.

G Wolly
12-04-2009, 04:52 PM
So I guess the other 10 guys have nothing to do with being worst at the run then?

Block "O"
12-04-2009, 04:59 PM
sometimes its really telling the difference between message board Bills fans and real Bills fans. threads that are Anti-Byrd and Poz???? Seriously???? Thats why I love going to games and tailgating w/ the true fans, its like being reborn after reading some of these ridiculous threads.

G Wolly
12-04-2009, 05:05 PM
sometimes its really telling the difference between message board Bills fans and real Bills fans. threads that are Anti-Byrd and Poz???? Seriously???? Thats why I love going to games and tailgating w/ the true fans, its like being reborn after reading some of these ridiculous threads.

A real fan shares their disgust with their favorite team's players when they're upset. At this point we have every right to be upset.

You can't keep turning your head to look away from how pathetic this team has been.

And most of the time when someone calls out the difference between "real fans" and "fans who are upset with their team" tend to not be very dedicated themselves.

YardRat
12-04-2009, 05:16 PM
the POS just isn't starting-caliber MLB material.

He doesn't fill or shoot gaps, he doesn't read and react well, he's always trailing the play and/or standing around the pile after the tackle was made by others, and often gets owned by whoever is locking on to him.

Maybe he would be a better fit outside, but he sure isn't a middle guy.

BTW...Conlan sucked also at first playing on the outside. The trade for Bennett that allowed Shane to be moved inside was a gift from the football gods for him.

Block "O"
12-04-2009, 05:33 PM
A real fan shares their disgust with their favorite team's players when they're upset. At this point we have every right to be upset.

You can't keep turning your head to look away from how pathetic this team has been.

And most of the time when someone calls out the difference between "real fans" and "fans who are upset with their team" tend to not be very dedicated themselves.

Yeah you're probably right, spending a fortune on gas by being a season ticket holder in Columbus, Ohio is not very dedicated. Good call bro.

billistic
12-04-2009, 05:40 PM
I've always disliked threads like this. It's like saying the word shut-out half way through the second period of a hockey game.

I've always disliked ADMINS chirping up on threads. It's like a priest trying to chum around.

G Wolly
12-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah you're probably right, spending a fortune on gas by being a season ticket holder in Columbus, Ohio is not very dedicated. Good call bro.

Sorry you didn't think that out, "bro"

G Wolly
12-04-2009, 05:58 PM
I've always disliked ADMINS chirping up on threads. It's like a priest trying to chum around.

Why are you here and why are you speaking out against the admins?

Block "O"
12-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Sorry you didn't think that out, "bro"
its not that, maybe you're just not that 'dedicated'. I go for the tailgating, once in a while football actually breaks out .

G Wolly
12-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Maybe I'm not. But dedication isn't measured through hours driving to the stadium or time spent tailgating either.

Block "O"
12-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Maybe I'm not. But dedication isn't measured through hours driving to the stadium or time spent tailgating either.

LOL whining on a message board is? Sorry I am one of those weirdos who actually watches the game and doesn't hang on play by play on a message board nit picking at each play with his fellow cyber nerds

G Wolly
12-04-2009, 06:17 PM
The only one whining here is you.

Block "O"
12-04-2009, 06:22 PM

really??? Did I start the anti poz or anti byrd threads??? Thats news to me.

Block "O"
12-04-2009, 06:25 PM

I see you're in Buffalo...out of curiosity are you a Bills season ticket holder?

G Wolly
12-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Well since you're getting super defensive I say that constitutes as a whine.

And it was totally unprovoked.

I see you're in Buffalo...out of curiosity are you a Bills season ticket holder?

Yes

PECKERWOOD
12-04-2009, 07:01 PM
So I guess the other 10 guys have nothing to do with being worst at the run then?

Say what you want but our D-line has been adequate and we have one of the best secondaries in the league, it really falls on our linebacking core and Posluszny is supposed to be the leader and the playmaker of the group, which he has not been. I've consistently seen him get taken out of the equation on run plays, he is not living up to the "great instincts" that fans branded him with.

G Wolly
12-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Best secondaries? Majority of our picks came due to over/under thrown passes or deflections.

So by statistics, sure we have one of the best. But skill wise we could do better.

BertSquirtgum
12-04-2009, 07:15 PM
i wish we could sign a real middle linebacker and have poz move outside

PECKERWOOD
12-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Best secondaries? Majority of our picks came due to over/under thrown passes or deflections.

So by statistics, sure we have one of the best. But skill wise we could do better.

McGee, Florence, Corner, Byrd, Whitner, Scott, Wilson, McKelvin and Youboty...

TedMock
12-05-2009, 09:57 AM
i wish we could sign a real middle linebacker and have poz move outside

Bingo. Poz is a good ball player. He's just not a 4-3 MLB at 235 lbs. He's great in pursuit and can move well, but he's not good at taking on guards head-on. The Jets ran a power running game, but they also ran a lot of misdirection which was just enough to get pursuit one way and get a guard on Poz. The FB took Scott & the other "LB's" out regularly & Schobel constantly got caught inside. We over pursued all game. The players out of position (Scott at LB, Poz in the middle, safties one-on-one with speed rceivers, etc.) & the lack of discipline killed us.

Bert102176
12-05-2009, 12:20 PM
c'mon the guy is a weak side LB'er playing MLB if we move him there and get a true MLB he will be better

Mr. Pink
12-06-2009, 05:13 AM
We could cut him and sign a guy like Chase Blackburn.

It would make literally no difference.

Poz is just a roster filler, nothing more, nothing less. He takes up space and is a warm body on the field. It is what it is.