PDA

View Full Version : Fitzpatrick is awesome!!

HHURRICANE
12-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Please put Edwards in!!!

Dr. Lecter
12-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Odd.

The games that Edwards looked horrid, you blamed everybody but Trent.

circlethewagons
12-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Please put Edwards in!!!

Checking down every play is not going to get us back in this game

hydro
12-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Edwards is even worse!!! Put in Brohm IMO.

Commissioner
12-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Checking down every play is not going to get us back in this game

Can we get a happy medium?

HHURRICANE
12-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Completing 35% of your passes is probably not going to win us this game.

hydro
12-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Completing 35% of your passes is probably not going to win us this game.

And Edwards would probably be 60% even though all of them would be 5yds or less equaling to the same score.

raphael120
12-03-2009, 10:07 PM
**** Edwards, put in Brohm. Hell, put in Moorman.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2009, 10:08 PM
And Edwards would probably be 60% even though all of them would be 5yds or less equaling to the same score.

Well that would be more than 98 yards.

HHURRICANE
12-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Nice sack. Nice pick.

Commissioner
12-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Checkdown wouldn't have been such a bad thing on that interception...

Novacane
12-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Can we please end this debate. Both QB's effing suck. Calling for one or the other is pointless.

TheBrownBear
12-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Fitz is mediocre. Trent is mediocre. Brohm is likely mediocre too. I don't think any of these guys is as putrid as we sometimes make them out to be. The biggest problems are the O-Line and playcalling. The O-Line especially sucks. They had that one good drive, but other than that it was donkey balls all night long.

No QB will succeed behind this line and with AVP calling the shots. It is time we come to grips with reality.

New GM.
New Coach.
New O-Coordinator.
New & improved O-line
New QB

These are the major priorities - in that order.

Ingtar33
12-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Can we please end this debate. Both QB's effing suck. Calling for one or the other is pointless.

yep. I hope Brohm gets to start the last 4 games. we have nothing else to look forward to (might as well find out what we have there)

Boomstick
12-03-2009, 10:16 PM
Here's a way to end this debate... This Oline is effing terrible! Fix it or no QB will succeed behind it.

Typ0
12-03-2009, 10:18 PM
yep. I hope Brohm gets to start the last 4 games. we have nothing else to look forward to (might as well find out what we have there)

aren't you a little concerned that playing him won't demonstrate what we have with him though? There has got to be a reason he was on a practice squad. That usually indicates there is potential there but too raw to perform right now. I think they are looking at him for the future but going to let this team tank with RF this season.

hydro
12-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Well that would be more than 98 yards.

So what if it doesn't amount to points. Which it hasn't for all of Edwards' career.

Commissioner
12-03-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm not calling for one over the other.... but why do we have 2 HUGE EXTREMES!!

1 QB just wants to check down every damn time.

The other QB just chucks the ball up for grabs when he's got nothing else....

Ingtar33
12-03-2009, 10:23 PM
aren't you a little concerned that playing him won't demonstrate what we have with him though? There has got to be a reason he was on a practice squad. That usually indicates there is potential there but too raw to perform right now. I think they are looking at him for the future but going to let this team tank with RF this season.

I'm not really interested in how the offense does while he's in there. i want to see his feet, his arm, and if he starts to catch up with the speed of the NFL game (which apparently was the problem in GB).

We need to know if there is anything there before the team goes into the off season, so we can prioritize our draft needs.

Commissioner
12-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Yeah... lets find out if a guy who was on the practice squad all year is our franchise QB...

more idiocy from Bills fans...

Typ0
12-03-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm not really interested in how the offense does while he's in there. i want to see his feet, his arm, and if he starts to catch up with the speed of the NFL game (which apparently was the problem in GB).

We need to know if there is anything there before the team goes into the off season, so we can prioritize our draft needs.

well...he gets to play against our defense in practice. If he can't demonstrate those things well against our defense he certainly won't do it against anyone elses.

Typ0
12-03-2009, 10:27 PM
unfortunately, he's stuck with playing with our offense though. Hmm...this is really a problem.

Ingtar33
12-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Yeah... lets find out if a guy who was on the practice squad all year is our franchise QB...

keep putting words in my mouth. I said nothing about him being a franchise QB. I just remember before pre-draft workouts he was in the talk for number one player taken in the Draft... then he had some terrible workouts and fell to the 2nd round.

The Brohm i remember when he was in college was a blue chip outstanding prospect. He looked just like a young Jim Kelly (and that is not an exaggeration).

I don't know what happened to him on the transition to the NFL. I don't know what happened to him in the pre-draft workouts. But i'd certainly like to see what he looks like on the field, and see if there is any glimmer of the guy who was outstanding in college left in him.

for all we know he's a mess, or he might be able to hold down center. I want to know before the offseason, and the only way to "know" is to give him more then 1 game.

MikeInRoch
12-03-2009, 10:30 PM
WAIT, I thought you WANTED them to lose? Now you want the better QB in?? What gives?

Ingtar33
12-03-2009, 10:31 PM
well...he gets to play against our defense in practice. If he can't demonstrate those things well against our defense he certainly won't do it against anyone elses.

some guys look terrible on the practice field and outstanding on game day. It happens.

Typ0
12-03-2009, 10:34 PM
some guys look terrible on the practice field and outstanding on game day. It happens.

OK. I see what you said above too and that make sense. I just worry about putting a guy into an inept offense that can't provide protection who isn't ready. He could get killed. Injured or just destoy him mentally. I think we've already seen that with TE.

Ingtar33
12-03-2009, 10:39 PM
OK. I see what you said above too and that make sense. I just worry about putting a guy into an inept offense that can't provide protection who isn't ready. He could get killed. Injured or just destoy him mentally. I think we've already seen that with TE.

you can tell how "good" or "bad" a QB is without a good offense around him... I just would like to see WHY he was on the practice squad.

If his problem, like the people in GB say, is he can't adjust to the speed of the NFL i want to see if playing time HELPS. Give him 4 games, see what happens. Stick with him for them all. The only winnable game with either Edwards or Fitz under center left is against KC. It's not like we've got a chance to do better then 5-11 anyway.

Put Brohm under center for the last 4 games. see what happens. you'll know for sure what your needs are in the off season.

I don't care how out of his depth Brohm will be, i can't imagine him doing much worse then 30% completions, 90 yards an int and no tds (which i think BOTH fitz and Edwards have done this year).

Mr. Pink
12-03-2009, 11:28 PM
Play Brohm.

Lets go for having a trifecta of crappy QB play.

casdhf
12-03-2009, 11:30 PM
I don't see Fewell playing Brohm to see what the future holds.

Philagape
12-03-2009, 11:38 PM

More like to see if he doesn't suck donkeys ... to see if we don't end up wanting to stab ourselves in the eyeballs. That would be nice for a change.

Griff
12-04-2009, 12:19 PM

at least they would keep the defense off the field for more than 2 minutes.

SABURZFAN
12-04-2009, 12:22 PM

WE WANT LOSSMAN!!!!!!!!!!! :couch:

yordad
12-04-2009, 12:29 PM
at least they would keep the defense off the field for more than 2 minutes.Have you not wanted any of the games this year? WTF are you talking about? 3 completions for 6 yards = a punt.

SABURZFAN
12-04-2009, 12:32 PM
:yawn:

:z: