PDA

View Full Version : One Good Thing About These Toronto Games..

raphael120
12-03-2009, 10:36 PM
We've sucked so bad, I think the threat of Toronto wanting the Bills is gone.

Whoever actually paid $99 or over for a seat in that stadium should punch themselves in the face.

trapezeus
12-03-2009, 10:39 PM
maybe it opens the NFL eyes that simply being a bigger city doesn't guarantee fans. they have a good set of football markets...seasoned and established. why run from it?

raphael120
12-03-2009, 10:44 PM
maybe it opens the NFL eyes that simply being a bigger city doesn't guarantee fans. they have a good set of football markets...seasoned and established. why run from it?

In this whole Bills fiasco, hell, even when it comes to the Sabres sometimes...the problem is never the fans. We show up. We cheer. We care.

What the hell else do you want us to do, Ralph?

trapezeus
12-03-2009, 10:53 PM
they think bigger cities means more money. but those people with more money don't necessarily want to see a new football team. they already grew up with their favorite team.

they also have more entertainment options. they already have established number teams that they love.

the nfl just assumes that they can come in and capture everyone's attention.

Prov401
12-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Those fans suck. I seriously was tuned out the whole game. We were the home team? Seemed neutral. Fans here in the states go insane. Their tailgates probably include yogurt, O-Dules, and a nuwave oven.

Philagape
12-03-2009, 11:20 PM
they think bigger cities means more money. but those people with more money don't necessarily want to see a new football team. they already grew up with their favorite team.

they also have more entertainment options. they already have established number teams that they love.

the nfl just assumes that they can come in and capture everyone's attention.

It's L.A. North

Mr. Pink
12-03-2009, 11:31 PM
I was gonna say one less home game for fans to waste the trip to Orchard Park.

hammerbillsfan
12-04-2009, 12:09 AM
thank god i only paid 30

Jaybird
12-04-2009, 12:11 AM
thank god i only paid 30

still got some bad news for you tho..... you live in Totronto

Michael82
12-04-2009, 03:25 AM
still got some bad news for you tho..... you live in Totronto

:rofl:

Historian
12-04-2009, 04:38 AM
This is clearly a case of the NFL out-thinking themselves, and Ralph Wilson making out like a bandit. (As Usual)

bflojohn
12-04-2009, 01:16 PM
The argument is valid and real here in Arizona! The Cardinals raced out of St. Louis with the deal of a lifetime. Bill Bidwill had everyone here promising the new stadium, luxury boxes, and big ticket notions that didn't happen overnight. The other obvious blunder was the demographics here, whereby everyone in the Phoenix area is basically from somewhere else, and the fans here (natives) were Dallas Cowboys fans! EVERY game was a road game for this team up until their recent success. Moving essentially does NOT ensure a big payday at all, as the fans you inherit, really would like an expansion team to call their own. I know Phoenix was thinking that way initially....
Note: I went to the Bills game here last year, and the same thing applied then. Plenty of Bills fans made their way to this game and it's the same with the Broncos fans and Browns fans and....

Ebenezer
12-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Note to the skeptics: If the Bills were 10-2 that game would have easily sold out, the fans rabid and everybody would be on pins and needles that the team was running to Toronto.

BillsFanCupp38
12-04-2009, 01:26 PM
This is clearly a case of the NFL out-thinking themselves, and Ralph Wilson making out like a bandit. (As Usual)

And I love it because Ralph made some $78 million on this deal. Now we can afford a great head coach and if we have an uncapped year we will have money to sign decent players. Who cares if Toronto fans don't get what they want? That happends to us EVERY year. We should care more but don't because we love them :). So thank you Toronto for your money. Hopefully we will spend it wisely lol

Demon
12-04-2009, 01:31 PM
We've sucked so bad, I think the threat of Toronto wanting the Bills is gone.

Whoever actually paid $99 or over for a seat in that stadium should punch themselves in the face.

Not really. I'm sure they hoped for better success in the Bills Toronto Series, however, this isn't an indication that their done trying to land the NFL. It just seems like there is lots of NFL fans in Toronto and not necessarily Bills. A Toronto NFL team would draw much more interest and hype in Toronto. So, little success in this series doesn't mean anything as to their plans on stealing our football team.

Ebenezer
12-04-2009, 01:32 PM
it's more a reflection of the current state of the Bills...not the current state of Toronto or the NFL.

dannyek71
12-04-2009, 01:45 PM
I like the Toronto games. Apparently, we have a home game at the Ralph next week. I will have to get my ticket

The Bills were defeated 19-13 by the NY Jets in Toronto on Thursday, December 3. The Bills beat the Jets 16-13 in Week 6. Thanks to all the fans for supporting the Bills Toronto Series.

The Bills take on the Kansas City Chiefs next week at The Ralph.

Ebenezer
12-04-2009, 01:46 PM
I like the Toronto games. Apparently, we have a home game at the Ralph next week. I will have to get my ticket

The Bills were defeated 19-13 by the NY Jets in Toronto on Thursday, December 3. The Bills beat the Jets 16-13 in Week 6. Thanks to all the fans for supporting the Bills Toronto Series.

check the schedule on that one...

Typ0
12-04-2009, 01:50 PM
it's more a reflection of the current state of the Bills...not the current state of Toronto or the NFL.

How so?

casdhf
12-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Faulty argument, Eb. The Bills don't need to be 10-2 to sell out home games in Buffalo.

Ebenezer
12-04-2009, 02:17 PM
How so?

who in Toronto wants to pay those prices to go see the Bills suck on a Thursday night? Had it been 1993 it would have been packed.

Michael82
12-05-2009, 01:01 AM

WTF! Danny, I am disappointed in this. You used to be so against these games. :ill:

Oh and WTF are you talking about? The Bills play in KC next week.

Bravo82
12-05-2009, 01:48 AM
WTF! Danny, I am disappointed in this. You used to be so against these games. :ill:

Oh and WTF are you talking about? The Bills play in KC next week.

He was being sarcastic.