PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought

The Juice Is Loose
12-03-2009, 11:26 PM
People are criticizing Poz, but those same people would probably also advocate that Stroud and our D line in general has been a dissapointment.

Ray Lewis said it himself. You need someone to absorb blocks.

Poz fights hard, and I think if we got a serious force in the middle he'd flourish.

Mr. Pink
12-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Stroud absorbs doubles every play

PECKERWOOD
12-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Excuses, both aren't the answer..

Stroud hasn't made many plays, it starts with him, but at the same point, Poz has made close to zero game changing plays, which is the very nature of his position, even without Ngata and Gregg, Ray Lew did better than this, same goes for Pat Willis in San Fran, Poz is not the answer.

DrGraves
12-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Poz sucks.... if you are the middle linebacker you should be the first man to the ball carrier in the hole every play... not chasing the back down at a terrible angle 10 yards down field

BuffaloBlitz83
12-03-2009, 11:36 PM
stroud must be hurt. he's been a great player in past. poz is a never was

BillsWin
12-03-2009, 11:36 PM
I don't think Poz is a bad player. Look who he lines up next to. A 33 year old and a converted safety.

He also has gotten very little help up the middle.

Add in injuries and that is one nasty situation.

Mr. Pink
12-03-2009, 11:37 PM
I don't think Poz is a bad player. Look who he lines up next to. A 33 year old and a converted safety.

He also has gotten very little help up the middle.

Add in injuries and that is one nasty situation.

Yes, he did so much lining up next to Kawika Mitchell too.

Poz is the prototypical Buffalo Bill defensive player.

White with a high motor and nothing else.

BillsWin
12-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Yes, he did so much lining up next to Kawika Mitchell too.

Poz is the prototypical Buffalo Bill defensive player.

White with a high motor and nothing else.

Kawika was a product of system and d-line talent in NY.

I don't think him playing next to Poz, and even with Ellison in there was any more help anyway.

I think this team needs to draft or sign a space eater and switch things to a 3-4, if that is possible with the personnel.

PECKERWOOD
12-03-2009, 11:40 PM
I got to admit, I've dished out criticism towards Poz, Draft and Scott but I'll also give praises... Kyle Williams, Donte Whitner & Aaron Schobel are very good football players, I was impressed with their effort tonight, they need to be apart of our future.

Bmax
12-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Too slow for MLB not physical enough I think Poz would be better as a ILB in a 3-4 defense...

Bmax

Mr. Pink
12-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Poz should be on the bench and a backup.

He makes next to no plays, he can't cover, he's slow, he's not physical, he's not a leader, he doesn't make wise decisions on the field.

He's just another average guy who could be replaced.

The difference between Poz and Ellison is literally nothing.

The Juice Is Loose
12-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Poz should be on the bench and a backup.

He makes next to no plays, he can't cover, he's slow, he's not physical, he's not a leader, he doesn't make wise decisions on the field.

He's just another average guy who could be replaced.

The difference between Poz and Ellison is literally nothing.

Harsh man.

I bet you anything he's on the team next year.

He's respected throughout the league, and you gotta figure if he's the only real guy a team feels they need to go after, maybe he gets extra attention.

If the whole D sucks, you can't expect him to save everybody.

And also, not every team can have a Top 10 player at every position. So he's not Ray Lewis, neither are the 31 other MLB's in the league.

I'm not inducting him to the hall of fame, but he could be as good as Bruschi or Vrabel if he had any studs around him in the front 7.

We need to add an average of 30lbs to every position on the D line. If I was in charge I'd add a big ass NT and go with Kelsay and Stroud at one D end and Spencer and add another big D end. Maybin at OLB and a player TBD to the other OLB. Poz and Mitchell inside, Schobel, we should trade while his value is good.