PDA

View Full Version : BYRD sucked tonight too

BuffaloBlitz83
12-03-2009, 11:51 PM
He didn't make any plays. Blew a couple coverages, mistackles. But he's untouchable right.

Jaybird
12-03-2009, 11:55 PM
1-he's a rookie
2-he's playing injured
3-he's playing situational football

BuffaloBlitz83
12-03-2009, 11:56 PM
1-he's a rookie
2-he's playing injured
3-he's playing situational football

All true. Calling a spade a spade. He wasn't good tonight.

Prov401
12-03-2009, 11:59 PM
No need to bash Byrd. He's given me something to look forward to the last couple of months. No need to bash the secondary at all. With no pass rush, and a line that let's up an average 8 yards a carry, there is little a secondary can do to help. Byrd made an excellent tackle in the 2nd that probably saved a touchdown. Byrd is a gem, and hopefully will be in Buffalo for a while.

Oaf
12-04-2009, 12:12 AM
He wasn't bad either, I didn't see any mistackles and I KNOW you are not qualified enough to state he blew a couple coverages.

That said, Whitner continues to impress me with his solid tackling and Wilson has been a beast at the LOS.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-04-2009, 12:38 AM
He wasn't bad either, I didn't see any mistackles and I KNOW you are not qualified enough to state he blew a couple coverages.

That said, Whitner continues to impress me with his solid tackling and Wilson has been a beast at the LOS.

Yo harold and kumar you talking? You're a homer. have another one!

Oaf
12-04-2009, 12:44 AM
Yo harold and kumar you talking? You're a homer. have another one!
I'm sorry, is this an attack based on my heritage? The rest of your post doesn't make sense either so I guess that's to be expected.

Ah the days of Mitchell59.. never thought it'd get any worse than that.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-04-2009, 12:50 AM
I'm sorry, is this an attack based on my heritage? The rest of your post doesn't make sense either so I guess that's to be expected.

No, not race related.

Block "O"
12-04-2009, 03:48 AM
he made a nice open field tackle on thomas jones that if he wouldve missed it, it could have been a TD

Bravo82
12-04-2009, 04:15 AM
he made a nice open field tackle on thomas jones that if he wouldve missed it, it could have been a TD

Thank you Block "O" for your in-depth analysis and really busting the lid off this story. You should win a pulitzer for such groundbreaking information.

DBrown77
12-04-2009, 05:31 AM
Byrd gets burned quite a lot and takes bad angles. He has been Johnny on the spot though

zone
12-04-2009, 06:19 AM
Of all the things to complain about this season Byrd is certainly not one of them.

Forward_Lateral
12-04-2009, 06:21 AM
Can someone please ban the moron who started this thread.

DesertFox24
12-04-2009, 07:44 AM
Can someone please ban the moron who started this thread.

Agree, Bryd is playing with a bad groin and is not even practicing what do you expect. The blame for this game falls on the run d and the OL, plain and simple.

Tatonka
12-04-2009, 09:00 AM
i say was cut that piece of ****.. kid hasnt had a pick in weeks and most of them were luck anyways.. he is terrible.. actually, screw cutting him.. lets ****ing kill him!!

:rolleyes:

trapezeus
12-04-2009, 09:09 AM
bryd was out of position on the dropped edwards drop and the edwards catch on the sidelines. either him or corner blew their assignment.

Aside from that he also gets pulled for a harder hitting safety.

The team needs an overhaul for sure. but if people can come on here and proclaim they love fitzy because of one game with real NFL QB like stats in the miami game, then we should be able to stand behind a rookie who had all star stats over the course of 6 games.

He's a rookie and hardly the worst player out there.

Mahdi
12-04-2009, 09:19 AM
He didn't make any plays. Blew a couple coverages, mistackles. But he's untouchable right.
The Jets ran over us yesterday. When exactly did Byrd have a chance to defend passes?

Byrd is one of the reasons our pass D is so good. Offenses are avoiding throwing downfield on us because of him.

If our pass rush was any good Byrd would have 10 picks by now.

The Juice Is Loose
12-04-2009, 09:32 AM

Well whitner can't cover David Clowney.

Yes our 8th overall safety can't cover the Jet's 5th receiver.

That play set up a TD, and we lost by a TD. Whitner cost us the game.

Beastie Bills
12-04-2009, 09:36 AM

I'm pretty that long play was to Cotchery, not Clowney. But yeah, Whitner still blows.

Mahdi
12-04-2009, 09:38 AM

First of all, there are not many safeties in the NFL that are asked, or even have the ability to cover WRs in the slot. Covering slot WRs is one of the toughest assignments in pass coverage.

Whitner however does it on a regular basis and is very good at it. The completions that were made while Whitner was covering the WR 1 on 1 we got ZERO pressure on the QB. Not even a regular CB would be able to cover that long.

Beebe's Kid
12-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Put Whitner on the free agent market...see who comes calling. Probably get about 25-27 phone calls, maybe 29. That's just the first day. Whitner was getting bashed when he was hurt for his poor play...when he is on the field he has been playing at an amazing level. Man to man is not a safeties job...

I like Byrd... who doesn't? He is nowhere near the tackler that DW is. He has picks in CF, not man to man. I am not diminishing his accomplishments, they are just different. Why does it have to be him or DW? Always one or the other....guys, two players are allowed to play at the same time, or spell each other, it's called depth.

Byrd was bad tonight he has a bad groin. DW has been our star when he is on the field...no matter how right you want to be about him being a bust. Withing two years he will make the Pro Bowl.

Poz, same thing. Dude is for real. He has played a year and a half. A little help on the left side, and Mitchell back, and possibly another MLB if we go 3-4, and you'll be ready to give him a hand-release.

Blowing up the team is not the answer. I don't care what Schlop and Bullfrog say. It is not realistic. We have talented players, just not enough of them. I always see cases for Hardy and St. Johnson...these guys are unproven. If they got in the game you would fall out of love with them quickly. They aren't experienced, and you won't let them gain the experience that every player in the league needs.

Do me and yourself a favor... look at the top 10 players taken in the draft for as long as you have been paying attention. We did alright. Don't pick out the 5-10 true superstars, look at the 70-80 guys not in the league anymore.

I am glad that the fact we are in the message board means we have absolutely no influence on the team, because we would have Jackson, St Johnson, Stroud and Byrd left and let the rest of the talent walk.

trapezeus
12-04-2009, 11:11 AM
I am glad that the fact we are in the message board means we have absolutely no influence on the team, because we would have Jackson, St Johnson, Stroud and Byrd left and let the rest of the talent walk.

which probably means that our team would go 4-12....oh wait.

I don't agree with the whitner assessment at all. when whitner was out, we had the same defensive secondary type play. Even if a safety isn't suppose to be able to play man to man, he isn't suppose to be out sprinted by the wide receivers every single time.

his decision making as a safety was awful last night. he got caught flat footed early and let both receivers streak by him. if sanchez was even remotely accurate, he would have been the reason a TD was scored.

If you look at the 3rd and 1 where we desperately needed a stop so we didn't have to waste time outs, whitner was lifted up and tossed aside. it was pathetic.

He gets worse as the season rolls on and talks more. i think he has JP's disease. he doesn't know when to shut up about his inferior skills and just put his play on the field. That's why JP got so much flak. that's why jauron caught so much flak. You can't keep having the exact same performance and then say, "we're trying and we'll make the corrections. i think this team can do it." It grows old.

Demon
12-04-2009, 01:04 PM

They should shut him down with his groin injury. I agreed, he sucked, but little he can do with the injury he has. To come and bash him for sucking, is laughable though.

Lexwhat
12-04-2009, 04:34 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it was race-related.

He made some comments to me:

...And I prefer to give time to a guy like Maybin that has tons of potential than to a guy that potentially will be killed in drive by like your homie Tupac and Biggie. Or maybe death row.

He hasn't played well enough to start Homie.

I didn't pull the race card then, but now that he called you "Harold and Kumar," I think he likes to make these statements subliminally and then act like he doesn't mean anything by it.

Otherwise, why is he calling me "homie?" He wouldn't do that to a White poster on here. Nor would he call a White poster "Harold and Kumar."

BuffaloBlitz83
12-04-2009, 04:41 PM

I didn't pull the race card then, but now that he called you "Harold and Kumar," I think he likes to make these statements subliminally and then act like he doesn't mean anything by it.

Otherwise, why is he calling me "homie?" He wouldn't do that to a White poster on here. Nor would he call a White poster "Harold and Kumar."

The guys last name is Kumar! Get it? Jeez

The drive by stuff was in reference to RESIDENT THUG, Anthony Hargrove! Therefore the mention of Tupac and Biggie

BuffaloBlitz83
12-04-2009, 04:44 PM

BTW how the F would I know your race or color regardless. There are plenty of white people that are avid fans of tupac. Changes was a great song.

YardRat
12-04-2009, 05:20 PM
I actually thought Byrd showed some progress in run support last night. He's getting better.

Oaf
12-04-2009, 08:19 PM
I think he likes to make these statements subliminally and then act like he doesn't mean anything by it.

The guys last name is Kumar! Get it? Jeez

The drive by stuff was in reference to RESIDENT THUG, Anthony Hargrove! Therefore the mention of Tupac and Biggie

Looks like you're spot on here Lex.

Akhippo
12-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Of all the secondary that looked real bad against the Jets, Corner was horrible. He was the victim of alot of bad plays.

Whitner played good, Florence played good and Byrd was in and out of the lineup.

Now the whirling dervishes of a D line; they were bad. Not one seems to hold the point of attack and work their way to the QB. They go way out of their lanes and still end up turned around and confused. Hence the Jets exploiting that and having huge gains.

You get beef at DT and some ends that know how to use technique and our backers and backs will shine.

Oaf
12-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Of all the secondary that looked real bad against the Jets, Corner was horrible. He was the victim of alot of bad plays.

Whitner played good, Florence played good and Byrd was in and out of the lineup.

Now the whirling dervishes of a D line; they were bad. Not one seems to hold the point of attack and work their way to the QB. They go way out of their lanes and still end up turned around and confused. Hence the Jets exploiting that and having huge gains.

You get beef at DT and some ends that know how to use technique and our backers and backs will shine.
I would say that is a pretty accurate assessment.