PDA

View Full Version : A sincere apology. Please read carefully.

HHURRICANE
12-04-2009, 08:42 AM
I came into the office this morning and at some point I was planning to come in here and rip starting Fitzpatrick over Edwards.

Anyway I was talking to our new receptionist and we got on the topic of Buffalo food, etc, and found out that her brother was Trent's roomate at Stanford and played on the team with him. Needless to say I went on how he's getting a raw deal etc. and than asked if I could get some signed stuff etc.

She goes on to tell me that here brother doesn't really talk to him and neither do any of his teammates. Apparantly the guy is a complete loner and she used the word "politician".

Needless to say that Edwards is probably exhibiting the same wonderful qualities on this team. The question I have is how the hell does our scouting department **** this up twice? Two loner California QBs. WTF!!

Bottom line is that if you can't lead than it doesn't matter how smart or talented you are.

The o-line is the biggest problem on this team. Fitzpatrick sucked last night but in fairness no one can play behind that POS line.

Fix the line and get a QB. I'm done with pushing Edwards.

trapezeus
12-04-2009, 08:55 AM
politicians are notorious for selling you their product, which is them. and when you need them, they are like a toy made in china. often toxic and unreliable.

that's what they got sold on. that's what a lot of us got sold on. he looked capable early, a bit injury prone and a little hesitant to throw over 10 yards. and it just got worse. the line woes didnt' help, but he just wouldn't throw it, the injuries are a problem, and he never really showed that he was capable of playing in bad weather. granted he got some ridiculously bad weather games, but his long ball often was thrown with a lot of loft.

Oh well...as they say at the Deli, "NEXT!!!!"

djjimkelly
12-04-2009, 09:09 AM
I came into the office this morning and at some point I was planning to come in here and rip starting Fitzpatrick over Edwards.

Anyway I was talking to our new receptionist and we got on the topic of Buffalo food, etc, and found out that her brother was Trent's roomate at Stanford and played on the team with him. Needless to say I went on how he's getting a raw deal etc. and than asked if I could get some signed stuff etc.

She goes on to tell me that here brother doesn't really talk to him and neither do any of his teammates. Apparantly the guy is a complete loner and she used the word "politician".

Needless to say that Edwards is probably exhibiting the same wonderful qualities on this team. The question I have is how the hell does our scouting department **** this up twice? Two loner California QBs. WTF!!

Bottom line is that if you can't lead than it doesn't matter how smart or talented you are.

The o-line is the biggest problem on this team. Fitzpatrick sucked last night but in fairness no one can play behind that POS line.

finally and to be fair to JP he was liked by his team mates and hung out with several of them

Commissioner
12-04-2009, 09:11 AM

I dunno ... i ran into Edwards a few other Bills last year at the Warehouse in hamburg.... seem to be fine hanging out with the guys...

He just doesn't seem like the firery leader type to rally guys....

yordad
12-04-2009, 09:11 AM
You did not notice Trent's politician qualities? I think I've been mentioning it since draft day. He actually said the NFL was just a stepping stone.

don137
12-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Look at the successful QBs. They show a ton of passion. They are involved and very vocal during a game. You look at them on the sideline and they have this look in their eyes like they can not wait to get back on the field. I see it with Manning, Brady, Farve, etc. Edwards, Losman and many of the previous QBs never exhibited that trait. Not sure how scouts cant see passion. You can have all the talent and without passion and that competitive fire you will be nothing better than a marginal player.

The King
12-04-2009, 09:26 AM
why did I have to read this carefully?

shelby
12-04-2009, 09:49 AM
You did not notice Trent's politician qualities? I think I've been mentioning it since draft day. He actually said the NFL was just a stepping stone.
A stepping stone to what???

NorthCarBills
12-04-2009, 09:51 AM

Jesse Palmer's personal assistant.

bigbub2352
12-04-2009, 09:53 AM
The winning teams in this league are built on the Lines
We have spent way to many Draft picks and brought in way to many players that play skilled positions
Our Oline is a mismash of bums and our Dline is overpaid Old and dont play hard enuff
rebuilding should have started last yr but it didnt and now we are reaping the benefits of the Modrak Guy and Russ and Skeletor regime
this is what happens when u promote form within with a bunch of losers
SAD

casdhf
12-04-2009, 09:58 AM
JP was a **** QB, but he was not a loner. He is/was a great teammate and communitarian. He just couldnt play football to save his life.

Beebe's Kid
12-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Under-coached doesn't need to be censored. He needed help making decisions, he was young and didn't want to let us down...

Trent quit on this team. That is why a week after he was proclaimed our starter, thick and thin, HE'S OUR GUY....plays Tennessee, not horrible, not good, but not the worst game I've ever seen. Then he is benched for the guy that you just benched for a piss-poor performance the week before.

I didn't even see him on the sideline last night, I may have been in the bathroom, but I didn't see him...I'm not saying he wasn't there, but where was he?

Trent: 1. Good looking guy 2. Intelligent, Stanford Man 3. Starting QB in HS and College, and NFL (social prestige is the point)

This is not a proclamation of my man-crush on TE, but do you think he is not used to being booed? He was the man, the captain, then comes TO. TO is charismatic and shouting and a natural leader. TE is alienated. Then TO has enough and gets vocal in Tennessee, because he is allergic to losing and he broke out. TE was on the brink, and that put him over the top. He was already getting shredded in the media, Captain Checkdown was everywhere, and booed voraciously at home. Trent has never, ever, ever, had to handle failure. He is failing...He handled it. He just handled it the worst way. He quit.

I wish him the best, but you quit on me once, and unless you admit it, apologize, and tell us why it will be different, you'll do it again. Good day, go play for somebody else.

Mad Bomber
12-04-2009, 10:48 AM
The UFL.

trapezeus
12-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Under-coached doesn't need to be censored. He needed help making decisions, he was young and didn't want to let us down...

Trent quit on this team. That is why a week after he was proclaimed our starter, thick and thin, HE'S OUR GUY....plays Tennessee, not horrible, not good, but not the worst game I've ever seen. Then he is benched for the guy that you just benched for a piss-poor performance the week before.

I didn't even see him on the sideline last night, I may have been in the bathroom, but I didn't see him...I'm not saying he wasn't there, but where was he?

Trent: 1. Good looking guy 2. Intelligent, Stanford Man 3. Starting QB in HS and College, and NFL (social prestige is the point)

This is not a proclamation of my man-crush on TE, but do you think he is not used to being booed? He was the man, the captain, then comes TO. TO is charismatic and shouting and a natural leader. TE is alienated. Then TO has enough and gets vocal in Tennessee, because he is allergic to losing and he broke out. TE was on the brink, and that put him over the top. He was already getting shredded in the media, Captain Checkdown was everywhere, and booed voraciously at home. Trent has never, ever, ever, had to handle failure. He is failing...He handled it. He just handled it the worst way. He quit.

I wish him the best, but you quit on me once, and unless you admit it, apologize, and tell us why it will be different, you'll do it again. Good day, go play for somebody else.

that's not a bad take on how this could all of have played out. but trent just didn't trust his receivers. he only liked josh reed in terms of passes over 10 yards. even last year, he looked more comfortable throwing. this year it was a joke on how often he just dumped it to fred jackson.

hydro
12-04-2009, 11:03 AM
So I am supposed to believe by chance this just happened to you this morning before you were going to tear Fitz a new one? Ummmm yeah.... Not buying this load.

Commissioner
12-04-2009, 11:05 AM

I saw Trent run out and hug and celebrate with Fitzpatrick after he hit T.O. on the TD bomb vs. Miami....

I think people tend to micro analyze players on the sideline... Trent hasn't quit on anyone... he's on the bench... what's he supposed to be doing.

SABURZFAN
12-04-2009, 11:07 AM
why did I have to read this carefully?

did you???????

:lolpoint: Bedard

yordad
12-04-2009, 11:28 AM
A stepping stone to what???I don't know what he meant. He just said football wasn't life, just a stepping stone. Acting? Politics? I don't know.

SABURZFAN
12-04-2009, 11:31 AM
:yawn:

:z:

mayotm
12-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Awesome. More "inside information" from HH.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-04-2009, 03:35 PM
This stuff is funny. Insider info from a scorned groupy

BertSquirtgum
12-04-2009, 07:10 PM
lets cut him now. bring in brooks bollinger

HHURRICANE
12-04-2009, 09:23 PM
I think it's funny that I get ripped for having good intel even if it's totally random. I didn't expect the girl in my office to have a brother that played ball at Stanford with Edwards.

Why would I post something that completely goes against everything I feel about Edwards? I'm still struggling with the fact that he can play here.

Hydorsmark, let's put $500 down right now that I can prove it or better....you can post a public apology on this site for being an idiot. Your choice.

Lecter is a mod so we can use him as an independant authority to verify.

billistic
12-04-2009, 09:32 PM
"I came into the orifice..."

...and this is straight from the horse's mouth...I mean a receptionist's brother's roommate's, blah, blah blah?

Well, at least you're not spreading inane gossip. Anything a receptionist heard has just gotta be factual. Thanks for sharing...

Demon
12-04-2009, 09:36 PM
I stopped reading when he said he went to the office. I just don't buy HH works in any kind of office.....

Jan Reimers
12-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Looks like it will be a short step.

yordad
12-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Looks like it will be a short step.I was really hoping that wouldn't be the case, but I'm thinking all hope is now lost.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
12-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Awesome. More "inside information" from HH.

:lmao:

hydro
12-05-2009, 06:00 PM
I think it's funny that I get ripped for having good intel even if it's totally random. I didn't expect the girl in my office to have a brother that played ball at Stanford with Edwards.

Why would I post something that completely goes against everything I feel about Edwards? I'm still struggling with the fact that he can play here.

Hydorsmark, let's put $500 down right now that I can prove it or better....you can post a public apology on this site for being an idiot. Your choice.

Lecter is a mod so we can use him as an independant authority to verify.

Please prove me wrong HHemroid.

HHURRICANE
12-07-2009, 10:08 AM
Please prove me wrong HHemroid.

Did you get my PM? A simple "your info is factual" will do.

hydro
12-07-2009, 09:50 PM
All you did was give me more information about yourself and the first name of the receptionist. None of that proves anything. I could do the exact same thing.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-07-2009, 10:29 PM
All you did was give me more information about yourself and the first name of the receptionist. None of that proves anything. I could do the exact thing.

:rofl:

HHURRICANE
12-08-2009, 08:08 AM
All you did was give me more information about yourself and the first name of the receptionist. None of that proves anything. I could do the exact same thing.

Dude, now you are looking pathetic. I sent you my name, number, the kid's name and my employee's name. The kid went to High School where my company is.

Now you are looking a jerk. I have no respect for people that can't admit when they are wrong. Have a mod get involved if you can't offer an apology.

HHURRICANE
12-08-2009, 08:18 AM
::

I just sent you the same PM that I sent Hydroliar.

The kids profile from Stanford is in there.

I try to share one interesting story with this board, I back it up, and than I have to spend two days defending myself when everything you need to know is in the PM.

TacklingDummy
12-08-2009, 08:28 AM

Maybe the girl was lying and that's why she couldn't get any stuff for you.

hydro
12-08-2009, 08:30 AM
The kid went to Stanford.
Does that mean he knows anything about Trent?
20,000 kids go to Stanford.

He was a Stanford player when Trent was there. I didn't notice the correlation he was trying to show with his PM. I looked all over the players profile but didn't link the hometown with where he works.

I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE HH. You did give pretty good evidence although it isn't hard evidence there is a lot to be said of a player going to Stanford being from the same town you are and most likely having a sibling that could be working at your business.

HHURRICANE
12-08-2009, 09:00 AM
He was a Stanford player when Trent was there. I didn't notice the correlation he was trying to show with his PM. I looked all over the players profile but didn't link the hometown with where he works.

I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE HH. You did give pretty good evidence although it isn't hard evidence there is a lot to be said of a player going to Stanford being from the same town you are and most likely having a sibling that could be working at your business.

Look, I appreciate that! The kid was Trent's roomate and his sister works for my company. It's not that complicated.

I realize that I am a fairly controversial poster here but I'm not going to make up crap.

I have alot of respect for you apologizing. Sorry I got so worked up about it!!