X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Size of our players!

Poz and Maybin looked like TEs out there.

The conditioning of this team is an utter joke. Our entire D looks like they are trying out for slimfast commercials.

There is no muscle on Whitner either.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Size of our players!

Oh, but they're fast!!
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Beastie Bills
      Senior Zoner
      • Mar 2009

High motor.

hahaha

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

could it possibly be that being undersized in the most physical game leads to the injuries?

could it be that the secondary make tackles routinely on run plays leads to them getting hurt?

If you ask the front office, they'll tell you no. It's just bad luck. This happens to a lot of teams each year. but then they never mention that it routinely happens to us ever since we went to this smaller/faster defense.

And from what i can tell, they are only smaller. Poz, whitner, schobel, kelsay are all getting outrun out there.

Comment

• k-oneputt
          • Jun 2009

Well you know it is this super Tampa-2. We don't need big and strong, they don't fit.
          We have fast and small which equals getting steamrolled and injuries.

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

there is a direct relation to the makeup of this team and the amount of injuries we have, if u have an undersized team they will get pounded on and by the end of the year u get 15 dudes on IR and half the team out with injuries
            the makeup and philosphies of this team is killing us we give up 200 yds rushign a game for a reason
            anyone who wanted Fewell as headcoach should no it was his D that got trounced for 4 yrs here and NE wasnt afraid of anythign Fewell did
            GOOD BYE TO EVERYONE that had anything to do with the makeup of this roster the last 4 yrs here no thanks
            take April and Sanders too
            good bye
            this is a panzy emotionless team with no heart no passion and a bunch of overpaid wannabees playign thru the motions
            we r a joke
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              Poz and Maybin looked like TEs out there.

The conditioning of this team is an utter joke. Our entire D looks like they are trying out for slimfast commercials.

There is no muscle on Whitner either.

Dont think a safety needs to be any bigger than that. We're not talking about a rush OLB here.

Poz is also fine. He is 238 and that is right in the range of most ILBs.

Maybin on the other hand needs to add some bulk. He needs to eat plenty of chicken.
              Last edited by Mahdi; 12-04-2009, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi

Dont think a safety needs to be any bigger than that. We're not talking about a rush OLB here.

Poz is also fine. He is 238 and that is right in the range of most ILBs.

Maybin on the other hand needs to add some bulk. He needs to eat plenty of chicken.
                I have bigger biceps and I'm a 43 year old CEO. They don't pay me to work out.

Again, this team is a joke on conditioning and size.

Comment

• Demon
                  • Mar 2003

^^ LMAO

Come on man.
                  Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Demon
                    ^^ LMAO

Come on man.
                    Body Builders also have bigger biceps than Whitner.

HOWEVER.... Whitner is a safety not a LB. He has to run around and has to cover WRs downfield. If he is too big he will lose speed.

Let's not complain for the sake of complaining. The team sucks and size has nothing to do with it.

No pass rush, no QB, no OL. This is the problem.

Comment

• Prov401
                      President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                      • Aug 2008

I also have bigger biceps than Forrest Griffin and Floyd Mayweather. Hey maybe I should just go try out for the UFC because I have bigger muscles.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Again, this team is a joke on conditioning and size.
                        Guess what?? Muscle heads never make good athletes, look at Tony Mandarich..

Again, look at UFC fighters, none of them have the build of bodybuilders, yet their 265lbs heavyweights would absolutely demolish an ex 330lbs Mr. Olympia in Ronnie Coleman.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

I think the size/injury correlation carries a lot of weight (no pun intended).

It isn't a coincidence or 'bad luck' that part of the Jauron/Fewell era's legacy is going to be massive amounts of injuries. Smaller guys, especially when the trait is somewhat consistent throughout the entire team on the field, are going to get hurt more often than bigger opponents.

Muscle strains and tears, etc, are going to afflict a smaller muscle mass trying to equalize or overcome a larger muscle mass. Breaks, etc are going to happen more often when smaller bodies are put in awkward positions because the individual or his teammates around him have been out-muscled/overwhelmed.

Not every player/position on the team necessarily needs to get bigger just for the sake of size, but the general philosophy certainly needs to change.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

That's because you are a 500 pound tub of S h * t.

j/k
                            Last edited by TacklingDummy; 12-05-2009, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by YardRat
                              I think the size/injury correlation carries a lot of weight (no pun intended).

It isn't a coincidence or 'bad luck' that part of the Jauron/Fewell era's legacy is going to be massive amounts of injuries. Smaller guys, especially when the trait is somewhat consistent throughout the entire team on the field, are going to get hurt more often than bigger opponents.

Muscle strains and tears, etc, are going to afflict a smaller muscle mass trying to equalize or overcome a larger muscle mass. Breaks, etc are going to happen more often when smaller bodies are put in awkward positions because the individual or his teammates around him have been out-muscled/overwhelmed.

Not every player/position on the team necessarily needs to get bigger just for the sake of size, but the general philosophy certainly needs to change.
                              Poz is 238. For a MLB around the league that is the average. Yet he broke his arm twice.

Size has no correlation with the injuries we have suffered.

How do you account for all the DBs getting injured? You saying McGee, McKelvin, Byrd, Whitner, Scott are all undersized DBs?

Comment

Working...
                              X