PDA

View Full Version : Size of our players!

HHURRICANE
12-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Poz and Maybin looked like TEs out there.

The conditioning of this team is an utter joke. Our entire D looks like they are trying out for slimfast commercials.

There is no muscle on Whitner either.

Philagape
12-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Oh, but they're fast!! :insane:

Beastie Bills
12-04-2009, 09:01 AM
High motor.

hahaha

trapezeus
12-04-2009, 09:05 AM
could it possibly be that being undersized in the most physical game leads to the injuries?

could it be that the secondary make tackles routinely on run plays leads to them getting hurt?

If you ask the front office, they'll tell you no. It's just bad luck. This happens to a lot of teams each year. but then they never mention that it routinely happens to us ever since we went to this smaller/faster defense.

And from what i can tell, they are only smaller. Poz, whitner, schobel, kelsay are all getting outrun out there.

k-oneputt
12-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Well you know it is this super Tampa-2. We don't need big and strong, they don't fit.
We have fast and small which equals getting steamrolled and injuries.

bigbub2352
12-04-2009, 10:14 AM
there is a direct relation to the makeup of this team and the amount of injuries we have, if u have an undersized team they will get pounded on and by the end of the year u get 15 dudes on IR and half the team out with injuries
the makeup and philosphies of this team is killing us we give up 200 yds rushign a game for a reason
anyone who wanted Fewell as headcoach should no it was his D that got trounced for 4 yrs here and NE wasnt afraid of anythign Fewell did
GOOD BYE TO EVERYONE that had anything to do with the makeup of this roster the last 4 yrs here no thanks
take April and Sanders too
good bye
this is a panzy emotionless team with no heart no passion and a bunch of overpaid wannabees playign thru the motions
we r a joke

Mahdi
12-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Poz and Maybin looked like TEs out there.

The conditioning of this team is an utter joke. Our entire D looks like they are trying out for slimfast commercials.

There is no muscle on Whitner either.
http://www.everyjoe.com/files/2009/04/donte-whitner-bills-iconphotostwo156477-donte-whitner.jpg

Dont think a safety needs to be any bigger than that. We're not talking about a rush OLB here.

Poz is also fine. He is 238 and that is right in the range of most ILBs.

Maybin on the other hand needs to add some bulk. He needs to eat plenty of chicken.

HHURRICANE
12-04-2009, 09:30 PM
http://www.everyjoe.com/files/2009/04/donte-whitner-bills-iconphotostwo156477-donte-whitner.jpg

Dont think a safety needs to be any bigger than that. We're not talking about a rush OLB here.

Poz is also fine. He is 238 and that is right in the range of most ILBs.

Maybin on the other hand needs to add some bulk. He needs to eat plenty of chicken.

I have bigger biceps and I'm a 43 year old CEO. They don't pay me to work out.

Again, this team is a joke on conditioning and size.

Demon
12-04-2009, 09:37 PM
^^ LMAO

Come on man.

Mahdi
12-04-2009, 09:42 PM
^^ LMAO

Come on man.
Body Builders also have bigger biceps than Whitner.

HOWEVER.... Whitner is a safety not a LB. He has to run around and has to cover WRs downfield. If he is too big he will lose speed.

Let's not complain for the sake of complaining. The team sucks and size has nothing to do with it.

No pass rush, no QB, no OL. This is the problem.

Prov401
12-04-2009, 10:02 PM
I also have bigger biceps than Forrest Griffin and Floyd Mayweather. Hey maybe I should just go try out for the UFC because I have bigger muscles.

PECKERWOOD
12-04-2009, 10:42 PM

Again, this team is a joke on conditioning and size.

Guess what?? Muscle heads never make good athletes, look at Tony Mandarich..

Again, look at UFC fighters, none of them have the build of bodybuilders, yet their 265lbs heavyweights would absolutely demolish an ex 330lbs Mr. Olympia in Ronnie Coleman.

:up:

YardRat
12-05-2009, 02:38 AM
I think the size/injury correlation carries a lot of weight (no pun intended).

It isn't a coincidence or 'bad luck' that part of the Jauron/Fewell era's legacy is going to be massive amounts of injuries. Smaller guys, especially when the trait is somewhat consistent throughout the entire team on the field, are going to get hurt more often than bigger opponents.

Muscle strains and tears, etc, are going to afflict a smaller muscle mass trying to equalize or overcome a larger muscle mass. Breaks, etc are going to happen more often when smaller bodies are put in awkward positions because the individual or his teammates around him have been out-muscled/overwhelmed.

Not every player/position on the team necessarily needs to get bigger just for the sake of size, but the general philosophy certainly needs to change.

TacklingDummy
12-05-2009, 07:28 AM

That's because you are a 500 pound tub of S h * t.

:lmao: j/k

Mahdi
12-05-2009, 02:05 PM
I think the size/injury correlation carries a lot of weight (no pun intended).

It isn't a coincidence or 'bad luck' that part of the Jauron/Fewell era's legacy is going to be massive amounts of injuries. Smaller guys, especially when the trait is somewhat consistent throughout the entire team on the field, are going to get hurt more often than bigger opponents.

Muscle strains and tears, etc, are going to afflict a smaller muscle mass trying to equalize or overcome a larger muscle mass. Breaks, etc are going to happen more often when smaller bodies are put in awkward positions because the individual or his teammates around him have been out-muscled/overwhelmed.

Not every player/position on the team necessarily needs to get bigger just for the sake of size, but the general philosophy certainly needs to change.
Poz is 238. For a MLB around the league that is the average. Yet he broke his arm twice.

Size has no correlation with the injuries we have suffered.

How do you account for all the DBs getting injured? You saying McGee, McKelvin, Byrd, Whitner, Scott are all undersized DBs?

YardRat
12-05-2009, 03:34 PM
We'll just have to agree to disagree on the correlation...IMO, size does matter, and I've already briefly explained why I hold that opinion.

I never made the contention that ALL of the team's injuries were simply related to size...There are other factors, of course (other than just **** happens) that could help lead to a propensity of injuries...skill level of the player, skill level of the player's around him, conditioning, style of play, etc. I also stated that not every player/position needs to necessarily get bigger.

It's the nature of the sport. An undersized defensive line will get handled by bigger guys more frequently...Instead of a LB (like the POS), being unencumbered to shoot gaps or go hat on hat with a HB, he has to contend with the free offensive linemen now. That = a greater chance for injury. A smallish front seven that can't control the line of scrimmage and/or stuff the run because they're getting man-handled creates more necessity for defensive backs to contribute against the run more. More tackle opportunities = more contact = greater chance of injury. Smaller bodies getting beat on over the course of a game by bigger bodies are going to wear out and get tired. Tired = more injuries.

Again...it's no coincidence that the "smaller/faster" strategy comes hand in hand with more injuries.

Bmax
12-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Our Front seven is small. Stroud is the only guy with a lot of Size...

We need to get Bigger at LB and DE

Bmax

BertSquirtgum
12-06-2009, 12:59 AM
i have to agree with you here hurricane, except for the whitner comment whitner's size is just fine for an nfl safety. the strength and conditioning program has been a joke ever since the crypt keeper was hired. if some of these guys weren't getting thrown around then they wouldn't be getting hurt all the time.

Block "O"
12-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Peyton Manning has slim arms too, he sucks!!! :mad: