PDA

View Full Version : Shanhan Gains Leverage for 2010

Commissioner
12-04-2009, 09:38 AM
That's the title of the article on ESPN....

Anyone have insider?

Probably just says the Bills raised his asking price or something...

HHURRICANE
12-04-2009, 09:46 AM
NFL Network said it is very, very, likely that Shanahan goes to the Redskins. They said it is a good fit and Snyder and Shanahan have mutual respect for eachother.

I think the Bills need to take a run at Shottenheimer and promise a job for his son that would eventually lead to the HC position after his dad leaves.

I think Marty might like the idea of building a legacy for his family. I think it would be less about the money for him.

Commissioner
12-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Take a run at Schotty? If he's willing to coach they can probably get him.... not many teams are looking to play Marty ball.

Mike13
12-04-2009, 10:27 AM
The Rat will definately wait until the season is over so he can weigh his options

trapezeus
12-04-2009, 10:58 AM
shanahan and synder are probably a good fit together. shanahan likes throwing money around at players and synder loves throwing money around on washed up ex bills players.

The quicker the shanahan rumor goes away, the quicker they can sign on the GM/new scouts role.

HAMMER
12-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Take a run at Schotty? If he's willing to coach they can probably get him.... not many teams are looking to play Marty ball.

Why do people want to dredge up these dinosaurs, there is other young talent out there deserving of an opportunity.

don137
12-04-2009, 01:24 PM
I am not a fan of how Brian Schottenheimer calls a game. I think his play calling cost the game against the Bills in New Jersey. With Sanchez sucking and the running game running as good as a team could hope for he still let Sanchez throw consistently.

Typ0
12-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Why do people want to dredge up these dinosaurs, there is other young talent out there deserving of an opportunity.

Really? You want another high risk guy instead of one that's built winning teams several times over and everywhere he's went? That's good thinking!

Pinkerton Security
12-04-2009, 01:55 PM
i have insider but cant find the story

HAMMER
12-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Really? You want another high risk guy instead of one that's built winning teams several times over and everywhere he's went? That's good thinking!

Schott can't win PO games, that has been proven. I don't want to go, I want to win. Where do you think all of the dinosaurs got their start? At one time they were high risk unknowns too.

Griff
12-04-2009, 03:53 PM
why would anybody work for Synder outside of money?

Dying_-2-_Live
12-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Exactly... and we have the money to offer, if all the reports are true

X-Era
12-04-2009, 04:45 PM
NFL Network said it is very, very, likely that Shanahan goes to the Redskins. They said it is a good fit and Snyder and Shanahan have mutual respect for eachother.

I think the Bills need to take a run at Shottenheimer and promise a job for his son that would eventually lead to the HC position after his dad leaves.

I think Marty might like the idea of building a legacy for his family. I think it would be less about the money for him.

It was actually LaCanfora and what he said was that they have mutual respect and the HE THINKS Mike Shanahan doesn't need total control as long as he trust the guy whos handling personnel.

Basically it was pure speculation on LaCanfora's part where he connected his own dots to make the Skin's job seem likely for Mike.

The problem for the Skin's is that Mike will be connecting his own dots and plenty of them lead to serious questions about Vinny Cerrato who deserves plenty of blame for the lack of production from that team. If Mike believed Vinny was going to be gone and that the new guy is going to be good, then Jason's dot connecting may make sense where Shanahan doesn't necessarily need full control.

Lots of if's there and much of the dots don't lineup.

Would you rather trust someone who has been failing for years on the personnel side (Vinny) to finally get it right, and go under an owner who has zero patience and is well known for being a control freak (Snyder), or go to a team that is allowing you to do it your way?

Our offer is much more attractive than the media will give us credit for IMO.

Its all speculative BS at this point., we will see what actually happens.

X-Era
12-04-2009, 04:48 PM
shanahan and synder are probably a good fit together. shanahan likes throwing money around at players and synder loves throwing money around on washed up ex bills players.

The quicker the shanahan rumor goes away, the quicker they can sign on the GM/new scouts role who will sign the next Mularkey/Williams/Fewell a.l.a. Donahoe and continue to keep us perpetually mediocre.

You didnt finish your sentence so I did it for you :up:

YardRat
12-04-2009, 05:04 PM
I don't want him, or anybody for that matter, if he's going to get total control.

X-Era
12-04-2009, 05:17 PM
I don't want him, or anybody for that matter, if he's going to get total control.
I do.

The last thing I want is unproven FO personnel telling our HC with a SB ring that we don't need X, Y, or Z.

At this point I only trust in people who have actually done it.

And until we hire a GM who has built a team thats done it, I think we need a HC/GM who has done it.

Jeff1220
12-04-2009, 06:17 PM
At this point, I'm going to be skeptical about any coach they bring in - proven or unproven.

X-Era
12-04-2009, 06:26 PM
At this point, I'm going to be skeptical about any coach they bring in - proven or unproven.

And I think we should all be trained enough to be skeptical at this point.

But I feel less skeptical about someone that's already shown he can do it.

BertSquirtgum
12-04-2009, 07:03 PM
GOD DAMMIT. the bills are ****ed.

Typ0
12-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Schott can't win PO games, that has been proven. I don't want to go, I want to win. Where do you think all of the dinosaurs got their start? At one time they were high risk unknowns too.

I'd be pretty happy having a guy here who in a couple years was trying to put championships in his resume. His head would have to be in it which I don't think it is. It also would be a commitment to getting the talent to make it work. If he came here looking for the job and his head seemed into it and if they are serious about getting the right talent to be successful this would be a much better hire than any coordinator in the league.

As far as winning in the playoffs there is a lot of luck involved. You have to get there to try.

jamze132
12-05-2009, 01:48 PM
I still prefer Cowher. Pay him what he wants and let him run the show.

CoolBreeze
12-05-2009, 03:11 PM
I still prefer Cowher. Pay him what he wants and let him run the show.
Ditto!! Or at the very least a Cowher trainee.. Russ Grimm

jamze132
12-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Ditto!! Or at the very least a Cowher trainee.. Russ Grimm
No, just Cowher.