PDA

View Full Version : Both games were close, as always...The Jets and Bills split the season series.

HendersonD06
12-04-2009, 11:16 AM
I was really upset after the Jets lost to the Bills during week 6 I believe. We had over 300+ rushing yards, we lost Kris Jenkins and Leon Washington for the season, Mark Sanchez threw 5 INT's, the Defense played lights out...And we still lost in O.T; that was a tough loss to swallow.

Last night... This game shouldn't have ever been close. The over throw from Sanchez to Cotchery, who was wide open for the TD during the 1st Q. The wide open drop from Braylon Edwards on a play that would have been an 80+ yard TD... Thats 14 points off the board right there, but as a Jets fan, I can never complain about a W.

Our O-Line and Rushing Attack is as advertised; the best in the league.

Our Pass Defense and Overall Defense are both as advertised; the #1 Ranked Defense in the game today.

Darrelle Revis is the best overall CB since #21 of the Falcons during the 90's, he's simply amazing. What Revis is doing here in 09, is simply ground breaking for the CB position.

Week 1, Andre Johnson: 4 catches, 35 yards, 0 TD's.
Week 2, Randy Moss: 4 catches, 24 yards, 0 TD's.
Week 4, Marques Colston: 2 catches, 33 yards, 0 TD's.
Week 6, Terrell Owens: 3 catches, 31 yards, 0 TD's.
Week 11, Randy Moss: 5 catches, 34 yards, 1 TD.
Week 12, Steve Smith: 1 catch, 5 yards, 0 TD's.
Week 13, Terrell Owens: 3 catches, 31 yards, 0 TD's.

In 7 games; Johnson, Moss, Colston, Owens and Smith have only combined for 22 catches, 193 yards, only an average of 27.5 yards per game, with a 1 TD, thats an average of 0.14 TD's per game.

Revis and Sheppard make for the best overall 1-2 punch at the CB position in the game today.

David Harris and Bart Scott make for an elite 1-2 punch at the MLB position; Harris is having a pro bowl type of season.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson is a Franchise LT, Alan Faneca is one of the best run blocking LG's around, Nick Mangold is one of, if not the best overall center in the game today...We have one hell of an O-Line.

Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery make for one of the most talented 1-2 around @ the WR position. Dustin keller is one hell of a pass catching talent @ the TE position. We have alot of SPEED with players such as David Clowney and Brad Smith as our #3 and #4 WR's.

Mark Sanchez? He's had 3 really bad games against the Bills, Patriots and Saints, but he's also had 9 really strong games as a rookie QB who's learning on the fly. 9 out of 12 starts have been really strong for Mark Sanchez and thats really rare coming from a RAW Rookie QB. I think it's safe to say that my Jets team finially has that potential Franchise QB to build our team around for many of years to come.

This Jets team COULD be 10-2 right now...With the two L's coming to the Saints and Pats. We had the Dolphins beat with under 2 mins to go... They scored with no time on the clock, we lost by 4. We Dominated the Dolphins the 2nd time around, we lost by 5, those Two Ted Ginn Jr Kick Returns lost us the game, the Jets Dominated this Bills team, those 5 INT's lost us the game by 3 points in O.T and against the Jaguars? Once again, they kicked a FG with no time on the clock to win by 2.

W's and L's are the only thing that matter in the NFL though, none of that stuff matters...The Jets are 6-6 and no 10-2, but it's just a good feeling knowing that we have a chance to win with each and every game this team takes the field. If we can take out the 1-10 Bucs on the road, followed by a W over the Falcons @ home, we would then be 8-6 heading into that game against the Colts as Serious playoff contenders.

Will we make the playoffs? Maybe not. But next season, Mark Sanchez should be "that much better" because of the playing time and experience he's gaining as a rookie QB this season... We could really take the AFC East for many of years to come.

Buffalo fans, I'm not a troll, never have been, never will be... It's just an exciting time to be a Jets fan. You all have had your great teams during the 90's...And also have a boat load of young talent on this Bills team as of right now...You all just need that head coach to take this team to the next level.

Me? I've never seen a Jets team with the #1 ranked D and #1 ranked rushing Offense in the league, I also enjoy watching Mark Sanchez learn on the fly.

Good season series though... THat loss really hurt the Jets playoff chances though

trapezeus
12-04-2009, 11:20 AM
neither game was close. if the jets execute better in both games, they run away with both.

Jets have their issues and being in a big market you hear about them all the time. so for us bills fans, we can't even compete against a team that has a fair share of their issues. how pathetic for us.

Thanks HendersonD for being the classy Jets fan on our boards.

Static
12-04-2009, 11:22 AM
I love when people say what there record should be, as if some how reality has cheated them.

justasportsfan
12-04-2009, 11:37 AM
thanks for trying to make us feel better but it won't work.

HendersonD06
12-04-2009, 11:40 AM
I love when people say what there record should be, as if some how reality has cheated them.

Like I was saying, W's and L's are the only thing that matter. The Jets are an average 6-6 team that may not make the playoffs this season.

I never said anything about what our record "Should be", I made it known that our record "Could be" 10-2, and thats not something teams such as the Dolphins, Bucs, Raiders and Browns can say as of right now.

Dolphins lost to the Chargers by 10 points.
Dolphins lost to the Patriots by 10 points.
Dolphins lost to the Falcons by 12 points.
Dolphins lost to the Saints by 12 points.
Dolphins lost to the Bills by 17 points.

In the 6 Miami L's... The Dolphins have lost by a combined 55 points; an average of losing by 9 points per game.

Jets lost to the Dolphins by 4 points.
Jets lost to the Bills by 3 points.
Jets lost to the Dolphins by 5 points.
Jets lost to the Jaguars by 2 points.

Those are the 4 games that I was talking about... We lost those 4 games (All games we should have won) by 14 points, an average of 3.5 points per game.

Good luck against the Patriots without Ronnie Brown this week, lol; no chance.

The Jets? We at least have a chance to win each and every game because of our #1 Ranked Defense, #1 Ranked Rushing Attack, along with a really strong 1-2 punch at the RB position.

After the Bucs and Falcons, the Jets could be 8-6 with a strong chance of making the playoffs.

The Dolphins? After L's to the Patriots and Jagaurs...6-8 and done.

T-Long
12-04-2009, 12:07 PM
You can also look at the Bills losses...

Week 1: We were leading by 11 with 5 minutes left and lost to the Pats by 1
Week 3: It was 10-7 late in the 3rd against the Saints
Week 5: Browns game was the worst game I ever seen, but still only a loss by 3
Week 8: Winning against the Texans 10-9 in the 4th untl our D wore out (like they did in many games due to the offense not being able to convert)
Week 9: Tied 17-17 in 4th qt to the Titans, and D wore out again
Week 10: Were beating JAX with a minute left, then lost.

We've had out shares of close games and scores that didn't indicate that. Our biggest problem was a half ass coach and a poor offense who couldn't convert a first down to save their life and our defense paid for it.

shelby
12-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks Henderson. Revis is freaking amazing and i envy you having him on your team.

Good luck the rest of the season.

HendersonD06
12-04-2009, 01:07 PM
You can also look at the Bills losses...

Week 1: We were leading by 11 with 5 minutes left and lost to the Pats by 1
Week 3: It was 10-7 late in the 3rd against the Saints
Week 5: Browns game was the worst game I ever seen, but still only a loss by 3
Week 8: Winning against the Texans 10-9 in the 4th untl our D wore out (like they did in many games due to the offense not being able to convert)
Week 9: Tied 17-17 in 4th qt to the Titans, and D wore out again
Week 10: Were beating JAX with a minute left, then lost.

We've had out shares of close games and scores that didn't indicate that. Our biggest problem was a half ass coach and a poor offense who couldn't convert a first down to save their life and our defense paid for it.

I know it sucks to always say "There is always next year", but there really always is. Just by that post right there, it's obvious that the Bills are no Bucs, Raiders, Browns type of horrid team...The Bills have solid young talent, talent @ the WR position, talent in the backfield, one of the better secondary around, a beast of a MLB in that Paul P dude, a young Safety thats been playing like the next coming of Ed Freaking Reed as a damn rookie, a 1-2 punch of Jackson/Lynch or Lynch Jackson, either way... Explosive.

ALL the Bills need is a damn O-Line. It's not really fair to judge the play of both Edwards (Who I like) and Fitzpatrick behind an O-Line that just lost a Franchise LT in Peters. Once the Bills upgrade their O-Line, that rushing attack will become explosive but right now, it's a mess. One solid draft and two key Free Agent signings could change that in a quickness.

If the Bills get a coach like Gruden or Shanahan...Watch out, because the future of the AFC East could belong to the Jets and Bills.

O-Line and D-Line...Upgrade those two positions, and the Bills will compete next season. Fred Jackson? He can catch out of the backfield, he's like Leon Washington; an Ex-Factor.

justasportsfan
12-04-2009, 01:11 PM
we can't be explossive until we grab a decent qb. The ones we have implode.

HendersonD06
12-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks Henderson. Revis is freaking amazing and i envy you having him on your team.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Thanks shelby, you've always been nothing but kind to me around here. I've been a poster over at JetsInsider for many of years now, under the name of "DefenseWinsChampionships" So yeah, when we landed Rex Ryan, I knew our Defense could be special for many of years to come.

All in all, this has ALWAYS been the ONLY opposing football site that I post on when the Jets play other teams (The Bills). Thats because the fans are a class act. I've been here for a couple years now, have never had problems with one single poster...Win or Lose, I "Show face" after the game and then I'm on my way until the next game, or until the offseason for maybe a week or so to talk about FA's and the Draft and stuff like that. Buffalo Bills fans are known as the GB Packer fans of the Northeast. People that love to drink and do insane things such as take their shirts off at the game in -2 degree blizzards... Respect. Real fans. If the Bills EVER left Buffalo, New York...Fans such as myself would turn our back on the NFL. The Colts? Ok, I could deal with them leaving the AFC East. The BUFFALO Bills, Pats, or Dolphins? No way. The AFC East is a special divison and if the Bills or any other team left, it would never be the same, never.

Dont be worried Buffalo fans... The Bills aren't going anywhere, no way the NFL allows it. Did you see the fans in Canada last night? Pretty damn sad. Looked like a Blue Jays game, empty seats everywhere. For the Bills to be considered the "Home Team" is sad for the real Buffalo fans, thats because Toronto will always and forever be a Hockey city. The last time I checked, the Maple Leafs and Buffalo Sabres teams hated eachother, the fans cant stand eachother...So why would the Bills be the home town team for Toronto? Thats like the Red Sox team being the home team in the Meadowlands, when Jets and Giants fans hate the Red Sox because of the love for the Yankees...How would that be a "Home game" for the Red Sox?

Also...I've been on this site for a while now, when looking at the control panel thing, and the people that give me a thumbs up...It's crazy... You wouldn't even know I'm a Jets fan, because it has like 200+ Green bars and MAYBE 1 Red one from a fan. Classy fans around here.

Typ0
12-04-2009, 01:23 PM
The Jets are almost as bad a team as the Bills but they are on the cusp of having a quarterback. If Sanchez steps up and plays well for the rest of the season they will be in contention for a playoff spot. If he doesn't they will be fighting with us for the bottom.

HendersonD06
12-04-2009, 03:46 PM
The Jets are almost as bad a team as the Bills but they are on the cusp of having a quarterback. If Sanchez steps up and plays well for the rest of the season they will be in contention for a playoff spot. If he doesn't they will be fighting with us for the bottom.

I'm not sure how you can even consider this Jets team as a "Bad team".

Darrelle Revis=Best CB in the game today.
Lito Sheppard=When healthy, one of the best cover corners around. Ask Lee Evans.
Kerry Rhodes= Top 5 talent @ the FS position.
David Harris= All Pro talent at the MLB position.
Bart Scott= One hell of a player, plays like an animal as our MLB.
Calvin Pace=One of the best pass rushing OLB's around. He's nothing but productive.
Shaun Ellis=Always making plays, the real heart of this Jets Defense.
Kris Jenkins= He's out for the year, but when healthy, top 5 DT/NT.

All in all... Our Defense ranks #1 in the league for a reason under Rex Ryan. We can pressure the QB for 4 quarters strong, Revis and Sheppard make for a top 5 1-2 punch at the CB position, Harris and Scott make for one of the best, if not the best 1-2 punch at the MLB position, our D-Line of Douglas, Pouha and Ellis play tough all game long and overall... We just have alot of real talent on the Defensive side of the ball.

As far as our Offense goes, yeah, we have a young Rookie QB learning on the fly...But we also have a great rushing attack that ranks #1 in the league, with a great O-Line that makes it all happen. Thomas Jones actually has the 2nd most rushing yards, of ANY back in the NFL, over the past 5 years with the Bears and Jets; only behing L.T of the Chargers.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson= Top 5 LT. Franchise LT talent.
Nick Mangold= One of the best, if not the best Center in the game today.
Alan Faneca= Still only 32 years of age. Future HOF LG, One of the best run blocking LG's around.

Braylon Edwards and Jerricho Cotchery are only 26 and 27 years of age, they combine for one of the most talented 1-2 Punches around @ the WR position.

David Clowney and Brad Smith are nothing more than solid role players, but they both have blazing speed and quickness.

Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene make for an elite 1-2 punch at the RB position.

Dustin Keller is one hell of a pass catching TE talent. He was ranked as the Nation's #1 Pass Catching TE coming out of college last season for a reason; I love the dude.

This Jets team does not have one weakness, other than the fact that we have a young rookie QB in Mark Sanchez starting as a rookie, while learning on the fly at the same time.

Next season, Sanchez should be "that much better", just off the much needed playing time and experience that he's gaining as a rookie this season. Next year, the Jets could be special

casdhf
12-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Was this guy around before the game like last time? I must have missed the big prediction thread.

Typ0
12-04-2009, 08:25 PM
I'm not sure how you can even consider this Jets team as a "Bad team".

because they can't put it together and play well on a weekly basis.

DynaPaul
12-04-2009, 08:31 PM
ZzzzzzZZzzzz...

HendersonD06
01-04-2010, 11:49 AM
The Jets in the playoffs baby, for the first time since 2006!

The Jets Defense has allowed the fewest points in the league. On NFL.Com is says our Defense has allowed 14.8 points per game. Thats only because Mark Sanchez has thrown 2 Pick 6's and overall...Our Offense and Special teams have allowed 7 TD's that weren't on our Defense this season. Our Defense has really only allowed 11.6 points per game this season!

#1 Ranked Overall Defense under Rex Ryan.

#1 Ranked Pass Defense led by Revis, Sheppard and Rhodes.

Our run Defense ranks 4th; only allowing 3.8 yards per carry.

Our Rushing Attack ranks #1. With an average of 172.2 rushing yards per game. Last night the Jets just set a Franchise rushing record for most rushing yards in a single season with 2,756 rushing yards.

Thomas Jones has the 2nd most NFL rushing yards over the past 5 years; only behind L.T of the Chargers and Shonn Greene leads all rookie RB's in average yards per carry!

Mark Sanchez is really turning into a special QB for this Jets team...He's something special.

This Jets team can match up and beat any team in the league right now. We are built to win in the playoffs. Great Defense, Amazing Rushing Attack, Best O-Line around... We are BUILT to win.

J-E-T-S
Jets
Jets
Jets

justasportsfan
01-04-2010, 11:52 AM
:monkeyp:
The Jets in the playoffs baby, for the first time since 2006!

The Jets Defense has allowed the fewest points in the league. On NFL.Com is says our Defense has allowed 14.8 points per game. Thats only because Mark Sanchez has thrown 2 Pick 6's and overall...Our Offense and Special teams have allowed 7 TD's that weren't on our Defense this season. Our Defense has really only allowed 11.6 points per game this season!

#1 Ranked Overall Defense under Rex Ryan.

#1 Ranked Pass Defense led by Revis, Sheppard and Rhodes.

Our run Defense ranks 4th; only allowing 3.8 yards per carry.

Our Rushing Attack ranks #1. With an average of 172.2 rushing yards per game. Last night the Jets just set a Franchise rushing record for most rushing yards in a single season with 2,756 rushing yards.

Thomas Jones has the 2nd most NFL rushing yards over the past 5 years; only behind L.T of the Chargers and Shonn Greene leads all rookie RB's in average yards per carry!

Mark Sanchez is really turning into a special QB for this Jets team...He's something special.

This Jets team can match up and beat any team in the league right now. We are built to win in the playoffs. Great Defense, Amazing Rushing Attack, Best O-Line around... We are BUILT to win.

J-E-T-S
Jets
Jets
Jets