A QB to consider: Jonathan Crompton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A QB to consider: Jonathan Crompton

Downright awful last year, I've been reading decent things about Crompton who seems to have got his act together.

What I didn't realise was that he has been mentored by Sam Wyche who coached under Bill Walsh and developed amongst others, Joe Montana, Drew Bledsoe, Boomer Esiason and Vinny Testaverde.

Wyche's opinion:

He's got the arm strength
    He's got the footwork and athleticism
    He was happy to learn, was intelligent and had the potential to be accurate.

The big challenge that he had was a lack of confidence, not helped by having played under four offensive co-ordinators.

A likely mid-round draft selection this year, would Crompton be worth a look?
    Last edited by Guest; 12-04-2009, 03:53 PM.
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: A QB to consider: Jonathan Crompton

From what I've seen of Tennessee this year, he was awful.

He was the main thing holding them back from being a contender in the SEC.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Crisis
      From what I've seen of Tennessee this year, he was awful.

He was the main thing holding them back from being a contender in the SEC.
      26 Touchdowns, 12 Interceptions (5 came in the first 2 games),

In October it was 9 TDs and only 2 Ints

Improvement has come when he's finally had some proper coaching

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
        What I didn't realise was that he has been mentored by Sam Wyche who coached under Bill Walsh and developed amongst others, Joe Montana, Drew Bledsoe, Boomer Esiason and Vinny Testaverde.
        Well, two outta four ain't bad.

Bill Walsh was firmly convinced that this kid outta Stanford had all the tools to be the ****, too.

I wonder how that guy turned out?

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Crompton isn't a mid round prospect, he's barely on the radar. He's akin to JP Wilson's stock last season. Likely UDFA who will be lucky to make an NFL roster.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Walterfootball have him projected as Round 4-5.

Isn't that on the radar?

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Isn't that on the radar?
              Walter is way behind on his draft projections then. Some teams don't even have Crompton on their board anymore. He will be lucky to get a combine invite.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mudflap1
                Next Question!
                • Nov 2004

Crompton stinks. Stinks bad. Pass.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                  • Feb 2004

whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

This guys is terrible HE WONT EVEN GET DRAFTED.............
                  Wow I cant believe anyone even mentions him...
                  he almost had to leave TENN because of all the threats.......
                  GO Gators!!!!!!
                  GO GATORS!!

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Downright awful last year, I've been reading decent things about Crompton who seems to have got his act together.

Wyche's opinion:

He's got the arm strength
                    He's got the footwork and athleticism
                    He was happy to learn, was intelligent and had the potential to be accurate.

The big challenge that he had was a lack of confidence, not helped by having played under four offensive co-ordinators.

A likely mid-round draft selection this year, would Crompton be worth a look?
                    Eesh...

The only reason you take Crompton is because you don't want to spend anything more than a 6th or 7th rounder on a QB... Hes looked really bad IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      Walter is way behind on his draft projections then. Some teams don't even have Crompton on their board anymore. He will be lucky to get a combine invite.
                      Walter was commenting on how well Crompton did in October - unless he had a disastrous November he was on the up.

NFL Draft Scout have Crompton rising and they're opinion is based on 11/28/09

"During his last 7 games, he has thrown 18 Touchdowns and just 3 interceptions"

"He is the runaway leader for most improved honours in the SEC based on where he was in September and where he is now"

"11/09/09 SEC Outstanding Performance of the Week. Set UT record throwing 305yds in first half v Memphis. Finished with 5TDs"

Clearly a worthless bum

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Walter was commenting on how well Crompton did in October - unless he had a disastrous November he was on the up.

"He is the runaway leader for most improved honours in the SEC based on where he was in September and where he is now"

"11/09/09 SEC Outstanding Performance of the Week. Set UT record throwing 305yds in first half v Memphis. Finished with 5TDs"

Clearly a worthless bum
                        Sorry man, but Brohm has way more potential than Crompton and hes already on our roster.

If we draft a QB, it ought to be someone who has a lot more potential than Brohm or its a wasted pick.

That said, Id like to see Brohm on the field now, to start evaluating what he is and what he isnt. He could be the prospect we need and it may mean we dont need to draft a QB at all, but Id like to get to make that eval as soon as possible.

Until we know what we've got in Brohm, we should be thinking we need a franchise QB again.

And Crompton doesn't even remotely look like that to me... or should I say he seems to have a much much higher climb than many others.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                          • Feb 2004

Clearly a worthless bum
                          1st of all how many times have you seen this guy play???
                          Or have you ever seen this guy play?
                          He will not play in teh NFL mark my words on that, this guy has the confidence like a 16 year old girl on Prom night....NONE
                          GO Gators!!!!!!
                          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                            • Dec 2004

NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!

This guy lost to freaking UCLA two years in a row!!! My Bruins suck anus and they beat this fool two years straight. He stinks!!! Dude is a loser! No thanks.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

isn't that the guy who always has something sarcastic to say about Al Davis and his projected draft picks for the Raiders?
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X